Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: Paul Walker from "The Fast & the Furious" dead at 40 in car crash

Elite Member

Very sad, but seriously, I can't get past the idiot behavior that caused this. Look at that car. How fast were they going? Burned to death? That is horrific. But a tragic accident? Not really. This was completely preventable. I feel for the daughter he left behind.

I can't imagine that fire was the cause of death. I don't believe anyone could have been alive after the kind of trauma an impact like that would have caused. Regardless, it's such a waste. I'm glad no one else was involved. RIP, young men.

Since I evidently live in a bubble, I've really never heard of this guy. However, he's way too young to die and nobody should die like THAT. RIP.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I feel so sad for his daughter, I read somewhere she had recently moved in with him and she's only 15, poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by coolade View Post
    And I will never buy a Porsche. RIP.
    The car was a Porsche Carrer Gt, top speed 200+mph, 558 hp*, etc, it's NOT a road car it's a race car IMO, and if you can't handle it, it will bite you on the ass.
    These vehicles are sone of the safest on the raid, they have to be given that you are basically driving a weapon. Which is as per any vehicle .

* For perspective my 4.5l V8 Range Rover, that is designed to tow & pull heavy shit (& can & does since it's pulled a truck!) has 220-230 hp... Hp & torque aren't the same thing but you need a comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    it also has an independent rear suspension. The body is a resin fiberglass. Which contributes to the car basically disintegrating in a crash.
    Which is why Lilo's was a write off when it wasn't badly damaged from the photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I can't imagine that fire was the cause of death. I don't believe anyone could have been alive after the kind of trauma an impact like that would have caused. Regardless, it's such a waste. I'm glad no one else was involved. RIP, young men.
    I guess that the impact zones prevented exit/access, which is not what they are designed to do - but given that they appear to have side-swiped a lamp-post... I'm guessing that the driver spun/slid it & skidded into the lamp post.

I'd never heard of him, but this is brutal:

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    Um, how fast did he have to be going for the car to be obliterated like that? Jesus.
    Either the car exploded or they had already hit stuff before they hit the pole and the tree, because in some pix you can see car parts for about a hundred feet across the road.
    Last edited by HWBL; December 1st, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I'm no expert but looking at those photos I'd think there's no way they didn't die instantly.

The alleged driver of the car that was involved in a crash that killed Paul Walker has been identified as former race car driver Roger Rodas, according to a Santa Clarita radio station with sources close to the situation.

Roger was the CEO of the company Always Evolving, a car customization shop. The charity event for Reach Out Worldwide was being held at the company’s headquarters in Santa Clarita that afternoon when he went for a drive with Paul in a Porsche Carrera GT, which happens to be one of Roger‘s favorite cars. Both of them died in the crash after the car exploded into flames.

The friends had met when they raced cars together at the Pirelli World Challenge series years ago.

We send our continued thoughts and prayers to both Paul and Roger‘s families during this difficult time.

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Second person identified in car accident with Paul Walker
    Paul Walker Died Alongside Former Racer Roger Rodas | Paul Walker, Roger Rodas : Just Jared

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    it also has an independent rear suspension. The body is a resin fiberglass. Which contributes to the car basically disintegrating in a crash.
    And people spend upwards of 100K for this car?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Apparently, these are pics that were taken right before he died. So sad

Never saw Fast and Furious but what a shame. 40 is just too young! RIP and prayers for his family.

So sad. One article said there was spin out and doughnut marks close to the accident scene. So maybe they were fucking around, but it ended badly. The driver was a race car driver, so he had experience. But he isn't the first race car driver to die by wrecking. I hope the impact took them, and they didn't burn to death. Does anyone know how much of 7 they had filmed??

That is just awful! RIP, and may they and their loved ones find peace, comfort, and healing.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    So sad. One article said there was spin out and doughnut marks close to the accident scene. So maybe they were fucking around, but it ended badly. The driver was a race car driver, so he had experience. But he isn't the first race car driver to die by wrecking. I hope the impact took them, and they didn't burn to death. Does anyone know how much of 7 they had filmed??
    I think filming started over the summer but not sure if he completed his scenes because it looks like they're still at the tail-end of filming.

So sad. RIP

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information