Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: Paul Walker from "The Fast & the Furious" dead at 40 in car crash

Meadow, her mother and her grandmother all currently live together in L.A. The papers – Walker's will was uncontested – say Meadow has been living with her grandmother since August 2012, following a year living with her father. Before that, Meadow grew up living with her mom in Hawaii.

I'm getting confused. So Meadow lived with her father for a year, but then in Aug 2012, moved in with her Grandmother. Which Grandmother? It also states she is now living with her mother and grandmother. Again, which grandmother?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Paul Walker's Father Sues Porsche Over Crash

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/paul-walkers-father-sues-porsche-over-crash/ar-AAfGaUX?ocid=

Sky News
    2 days ago

(© Other) Paul Walker and daughter Meadow Rain Walker

The father of Fast & Furious star Paul Walker has begun legal action against Porsche following the death of his son in a car crash in 2013.

It comes a week after the car manufacturer responded to a wrongful-death lawsuit filed by Mr Walker's daughter Meadow Rain, in which the company declared his death was his "own comparative fault".

The seven-page defence filed by Porsche stated that Walker was aware of all of the "risk, perils and danger" involved in driving a Carrera GT.

Meadow Walker's attorney, Jeff Milam, criticized the filing, reiterating his claims that the car as sold was unsafe.

"If Porsche had designed the car to include proper safety features, Paul would have survived, he would be filming Fast and Furious 8, and Meadow Walker would have the father she adored," Milam wrote in a statement.

The 40-year-old Hollywood star was on a break from filming the seventh instalment of the film franchise at the time of the accident.

The actor was a passenger in his friend Roger Rodas' Carrera when it crashed into a pole and burst into flames in Santa Clarita, California in November, 2013.

Now Walker's father, who is the executor of his son's estate, has filed a lawsuit claiming the Carrera GT his son was riding in lacked safety features that could have saved the actor's life.

The lawsuit cites features that have been included in other pending lawsuits against the company over the crash, that it is claimed might have saved the actor's life.

These include a stability-control system, door reinforcements and a breakaway fuel line to prevent the car from bursting into flames after a collision.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.

Rodas' widow, Kristine, who has a pending claim against Porsche in federal court, has also filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the car maker.

Investigators found that speed was the main cause of the crash with Rodas driving between 80 to 93mph (130-150kph) at the time.

Coroners ruled out drugs or alcohol as contributing factors.

None of the cases have yet been set for trial.

Speed was the main cause and yet they are suing over alleged design defects?

After seeing those crash pictures, the fact is that even if the car hadn't caught on fire there is no way they could have survived. The car was literally cut in half by a tree.
    rollo likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I guess Roger Rodas' estate had no money because he was the driver? Contributory negligence is surely a factor.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Rodas' wife is also suing Porsche.

I've read a bit about this elsewhere. In addition to the excessive speed the car had 9 year old tires, which would be unsafe on a little 4 cylinder hatchback, never mind a performance car like this one.

They might as well sue the tree.
    sluce, Geest, Alysheba and 5 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

The lawsuit cites features that have been included in other pending lawsuits against the company over the crash, that it is claimed might have saved the actor's life.
    I know some features that might have saved him......not going 93 mph down a public road. I am glad these fools didn't hurt anyone but themselves.

On another note, im not sure I would want to survive a 93 mph crash. I can't imagine what kind of quality of life would come along with that.
    Bombshell likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Speed was the main cause and yet they are suing over alleged design defects?

After seeing those crash pictures, the fact is that even if the car hadn't caught on fire there is no way they could have survived. The car was literally cut in half by a tree.
    I missed the details first time but now I see they were driving like 150km/h on a 70km/h road with a massive, long curve and the car plowed a tree and a lamppost before two trees stopped the vehicle.
    Even if it was built like an armoured humvee, they would have died.

It's a money grab to get an out-of-court settlement with Porsche?
    sputnik likes this.

I hate that we live in a society where nobody is accountable for their own actions. Paul and his friend were speeding....speed can kill. I know at the root of this is financial gain, but it sends a message that someone can do something stupid and not be considered responsible for their actions. They were two grown men who knew what they were doing - they took a chance and they lost. Teenagers do it all the time and nobody sues the car manufacturer!

They died because of their own stupidity and recklessness. Their families need to accept that and move on.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

They know that Porsche is owned by Volkswagen, right? VW is a little cash strapped right now though I'm sure they have a few bucks laying around somewhere to pay an out of court settlement. Didn't the daughter's lawsuit against Porsche just get tossed out? Or did I just make that up in my head?
    rollo likes this.

^ That is unfortunate. They should have done it sooner.

I agree it's a money grab and if the driver's negligence was the major factor, I don't see how his widow has much of a claim. But...Walker was a passenger, and Porche seems to be saying his own comparative negligence bars a claim? Since when is the negligence of the driver imputed to the passenger? Walker was still a young man and there's a loss of earning potential which likely exceeds the driver's policy limits so the family is going after Porsche. Not saying there's much merit to the case, but I'm not sure I agree with Porsche's argument that Walker is responsible for his own death, just for getting in the car.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I agree it's a money grab and if the driver's negligence was the major factor, I don't see how his widow has much of a claim. But...Walker was a passenger, and Porche seems to be saying his own comparative negligence bars a claim? Since when is the negligence of the driver imputed to the passenger? Walker was still a young man and there's a loss of earning potential which likely exceeds the driver's policy limits so the family is going after Porsche. Not saying there's much merit to the case, but I'm not sure I agree with Porsche's argument that Walker is responsible for his own death, just for getting in the car.
    It was Walker's car. He was responsible for maintenance and apparently, the car was in poor condition and had aftermarket modifications. It had nine year old tires on at least 2 wheels, he boosted the engine's horsepower by modifying the intake/exhaust system.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    They are going to respond to every claim with a defense. If one of the allegations is that the very nature of the car is dangerous, of course they will respond with an assumption of the risk argument. It's basically a race car and isn't really made for the road so the passenger is assuming the risk just by riding in it in a regular street. I'm sure Porsche is mainly saying that Paul's death had nothing to do with them because the deaths weren't from a design defect, they are from the driver's negligence. It doesn't matter whether Paul was at fault in any way or not, Porsche still isn't responsible for an accident caused by the drive's negligence. The only way that they would be liable would be if the crash was caused by a design or mechanical defect.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Thread Information