Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: Paul Walker from "The Fast & the Furious" dead at 40 in car crash

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    Things were different in the 1950s though Nov, ahem, and I'm guessing your guy wasn't a devastatingly handsome Hollywood leading man who had assorted fannies flinging themselves at him left right and centre...and if he was you need to spill!
    Oh shit...

*Grabs laptop and hides behind the couch*
    Belt Up and PoisonGirl like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^^^ stop taking all the room up, Kitty!

BTW thanks for highlighting that in BOLD, just in case anyone missed it...
    Belt up,Belt up..... *shakes head*

*plots terrible revenge*
    Belt Up, Flygirl and Kittylady like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

He's not a "pedo," but that age difference is unacceptable to me. It's also a crime in my state if they were having sex. If my 16-year old son OR daughter wanted to date a 30-something year old, there is no way I'd permit it. Period. I don't care how mature they appear to be. I am pretty liberal but I have also represented MANY men in their 30's who were arrested for sleeping with teenagers. They all had some very disturbing traits in common and I don't think that's a coincidence. I just asked my husband (34) if he'd ever date a teenager and his answer was HELL NO, under no circumstances.

But that's a decision that is up to a parent, everyone has different views on it.
    Shinola, sluce and southernbelle like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

From what I had read several years ago, the girl and her family were long time friends of Paul and his family. Both sets of parents were okay with the relationship, so that is why it went on undetected by law enforcement and the press. Paul was never a media whore, so it stayed under the radar until she was 19.

I personally wouldn't want my 16 year old with a 33 year old man, so I would have done what I needed to do to end it. But that is me.

It's not like he can speak up to defend himself in the great Paul Walker pedo debate now, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that they were in a normal relationship despite the age gap. It doeshhappen fairly often in 'real life'.

The difference between him and Doug is that Doug is a giant creeper and he and Courtney never seemed to have a legit relationship.
    Novice, levitt, Kittylady and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Also if I was the parent of a 16 year old girl who was crazy for a 33 year old guy the last thing I would do would be to forbid her to see him or try and run him off. That's like catnip to a teenager in the middle of the Greatest Love EVAHHH!!! Give her the tools to protect herself, be watchful of the situation but don't let her think that she's some sort of Juliet who has to stand united with her Romeo against a world that doesn't understand.
    Thats some pretty smart shit right there, Kitty.
    Kittylady and chartreuse like this.

And she's not even a parent to human babies ...
    Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    He's not a "pedo," but that age difference is unacceptable to me. It's also a crime in my state if they were having sex. If my 16-year old son OR daughter wanted to date a 30-something year old, there is no way I'd permit it. Period. I don't care how mature they appear to be. I am pretty liberal but I have also represented MANY men in their 30's who were arrested for sleeping with teenagers. They all had some very disturbing traits in common and I don't think that's a coincidence. I just asked my husband (34) if he'd ever date a teenager and his answer was HELL NO, under no circumstances.

But that's a decision that is up to a parent, everyone has different views on it.
    I would say that it's (in all likelihood) illegal to buy alcohol but you can die in the service of your country - YMMV.
    a "teen" is not just 14-15-16 but also 18 & 19, which in Europe is an adult and also over the age of sexual consent; therefore this whole "he would be arrested" thing doesn't come into it.

But , they have been arrested and by default the parents (or someone) thought that there was something off with the "relationship".

If your husband (etc) got chatted up by a lass in a pub/club/bar, does he check her I.d. First? Or does he presume that as she is in a bar that she's old enough? At 15 I was frequenting over 21 clubs.... No guy checked my age before stopping to chat.... But then, guys aren't thinking with the brain in their heads at that point.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

^Some valid points there Novice but in this case he was a family friend who had watched her grow up. When did his feelings suddenly turn romantic? I have nothing to say about age difference since my husband was 18 years older. We met when I was 25 and he was 43 and were both adults. I have a hard time understanding how a man could be sexually attracted to girl who is still in high school. Did he think he would make a great prom date for her when he was old enough to be a chaperone?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post

The difference between him and Doug is that Doug is a giant creeper and he and Courtney never seemed to have a legit relationship.
    And Courtney was completely exploited. Granted she was in on it, but sixteen and dumb can't be expected to know better.

Still, I find it weird that he dated her after knowing her since she was a child. Also, it's not the age gap, it's the timing. If some 30 something was sniffing around my young teenage daughter, I'd be pissed.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    ^Some valid points there Novice but in this case he was a family friend who had watched her grow up. When did his feelings suddenly turn romantic? I have nothing to say about age difference since my husband was 18 years older. We met when I was 25 and he was 43 and were both adults. I have a hard time understanding how a man could be sexually attracted to girl who is still in high school. Did he think he would make a great prom date for her when he was old enough to be a chaperone?

I agree. And the fact that he was 17 when she was born, and like you said Sluce, watched her grow up and mature,...makes it even creepier. This was the one thing about Paul that I never understood and rubbed me the wrong way with an ick vibe.
    Alysheba likes this.

The thing that bothers me is that this isn't the only 16 year he dated. One...okay...maybe they're in love. Two? That's not a coincidence.
    llamamama and Alysheba like this.

Who is the other 16 year old he dated? I must have missed that one...

Mmmmm...it said that Aubrianna dated him about a decade ago and she is 28,....so she was around 18 at the time they started dating, I guess?!?

I also found an article that says Rebecca, Meadow's Mom, was born in 1974. So she is was only 1 year younger than Paul.

You'd think he could find actual women to date, and stay out of the high schools. It is creepy, and I can't believe he was able to keep it all so quiet for years.

Has anyone seen the trailer of his new movie, "Hours" that is coming to theaters next week?? Looks like a real tear jerker....

^ In the article it says they met and started dating a dozen years ago. So that would have made her 16, if correct.

And this from another site:
    Paul and Abrianna met when she was in modeling school in Los Angeles more than 12 years ago. They dated on and off and lived together in both Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. They had since “traveled the world together,” she said, including her last birthday when he took her to San Francisco to see a Giants game.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/12/02/...ll-devastated/

Thread Information