Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: Paul Walker from "The Fast & the Furious" dead at 40 in car crash

He was a beautiful looking man which makes me wonder how I missed him. It sounds like he was incredibly well liked and respected and spent his life making this world a better place for many. Still, it's really, really hard to overlook the fact that he was a 33 year old man who started a relationship with a 16 year old girl (never mind he had an 8 year old at the time). Really, if he were still alive, we'd be having a hay-day over that one.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    16 is the age of consent in most of the world

you may find it creepy, but it's not child molestation by any stretch of the imagination.
    You know, if it's my kid and a 33 year old comes around and tells me he has romantic feelings for him, I'm going to buy (and learn how to use) a shotgun. And then I'm going to give him exactly one warning to stay the fuck away from her.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; December 8th, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

I agree and I don't have kids, but he's not a pedophile and even though it may be icky it's perfectly legal in most of the world.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    He was a beautiful looking man which makes me wonder how I missed him. It sounds like he was incredibly well liked and respected and spent his life making this world a better place for many. Still, it's really, really hard to overlook the fact that he was a 33 year old man who started a relationship with a 16 year old girl (never mind he had an 8 year old at the time). Really, if he were still alive, we'd be having a hay-day over that one.
    I realize old creepy Doug Hutchison was quite a bit older than Courtney Stodden. But the pile on on that thread (which I have been a part of, so no judging here) and the juxtaposition here sort of surprises me a bit.

I also understand that different situations are just that...different. And it does seem to be a different situation. And Paul seems to have conducted himself as a really decent human being, as opposed to Doug. But I do wonder if the wrapper these men were blessed or cursed with don't influence people's opinions at all.
    Again, no judging from me on either side.

And I also realize that a thread like this, where someone lost their life isn't the place to open that discussion.

On that note, I'm out. But not before I say I didn't know who he was previously to this either, but I was struck by his looks. And his good deeds.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

There was this thread about it in 2009....

Paul Walker denies engagement to barely legal girlfriend

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

He wasn't a pedophile but it was a bit much. Dude is not a fucking saint but he wasn't Polanski... Still weird and nasty in a fucked up way. Who knows, maybe in the vast wisdom of his 33 year old maleness he was on the same level as a 14 year old? It happens! I won't be lighting a candle for Juliet and Romeo's pervy uncle. True love has died today, whatever.
    chartreuse and Beeyotch like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Silver Member

That was reported in 2009 in Star Magazine that he was engaged to his 19-year-old girlfriend that he had dated since 16 and then that little story was picked up and ran on on all the internet gossip sites Perez Hilton, Celebuzz, etc., and even picked up other places, ran on shows like E News. His rep came out and denied the engagement to US Magazine, but never addressed anything else. He has never discussed it.
    And it was even on GossipRocks in 2009. Paul Walker denies engagement to barely legal girlfriend

So this isn't some secret story that just came out like has been reported. It came out and went away because she was 19 when the story came out I guess and her parents approved I guess as there was no scandal. Plus, there was no real information, just a vague Star story that was reprinted everywhere and nothing more about it factually ever came out, even to this day. But the same remarks were made back then about the creepiness of it by posters. If he were still alive this story wouldn't be of interest since it already came and went four years ago and only came out again because he died. I think they were broken up in 2012 and only recently got back together, because in a lot of interviews since his daughter moved in with him last year he talked about how when he would have a date his daughter didn't like the women he would go out on dates with or he would say he wasn't seeing anyone. I think his daughter was his focus and took priority this past year when she came to live with him.
    Last edited by LameAnn; December 8th, 2013 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    The Nikki pictures changed the way I drive and still do until this day.

I can't look at Paul Walker's pics -- this might be the most affected I've been by a (Hollywood) celebrity death. Don't want to remember him that way.

I think this is the first celeb death that has bothered me so much, as well. It was just so out of the blue and not expected. My daughter and I were just talking about seeing the next movie in the summer and how excited we were to see it, right before we heard the news.

I know Patrick Swayze dying was upsetting, but you had known that was coming for over a year. The only other celeb death that shocked and really bothered me was River Phoenix. But back in 1993, you didn't get a ton of information on it like you do now days. I had just found out I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter and turned on the radio and heard about River.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    I realize old creepy Doug Hutchison was quite a bit older than Courtney Stodden. But the pile on on that thread (which I have been a part of, so no judging here) and the juxtaposition here sort of surprises me a bit.

I also understand that different situations are just that...different. And it does seem to be a different situation. And Paul seems to have conducted himself as a really decent human being, as opposed to Doug. But I do wonder if the wrapper these men were blessed or cursed with don't influence people's opinions at all.
    Again, no judging from me on either side

And I also realize that a thread like this, where someone lost their life isn't the place to open that discussion.

On that note, I'm out. But not before I say I didn't know who he was previously to this either, but I was struck by his looks. And his good deeds.
    I see no difference! Both are grown men dating 16 year olds! People excuse Paul just because he was cute! Doug was hated by the public, his career over after his marriage to a 16 year old went public, yet Paul treated like a saint, and carrer was still booming before his death, and no one made a big deal about his relationship to a 16 year old! double standard

Quote Originally Posted by Brawney McMuffin View Post
    I see no difference! Both are grown men dating 16 year olds! People excuse Paul just because he was cute! Doug was hated by the public, his career over after his marriage to a 16 year old went public, yet Paul treated like a saint, and carrer was still booming before his death, and no one made a big deal about his relationship to a 16 year old! double standard
    well, it might technically be inconsistent, but it's not just about looks IMO. Doug and Courtney plastered themselves all over the media, and walker and his gf kept private, so there is simply less opportunity to judge and attack. Also their images are way different; inherent attractiveness aside, Doug and Courtney look (and talk) skeevy, bizarre, crazy, and horror-show like and the diff in their ages is visually obvious. Not so Walker and gf, at least in pix publicly available.

put simply: if people look and act crazy, people conclude they are crazy. If they don't, people assume they aren't.
    Bombshell and Kittylady like this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

My personal opinion, what I take into consideration: It doesn't seem like he was a serial dater only going after 16 year olds.
    He has been with her for years, he kept his private life private as much as he could, didn't flash his private life in front of the cameras (and didn't seem to date certain women for PR), and from the few pictures available of Jasmine and him together, they came off genuinely affectionate.
    There was a genuine, loving relationship there.

On top of that, it seems (from the stories I've heard about him from people that have worked with him over the years), that he was a good guy. Not some sketchy LA douche...

Living in So Cal, this happens often, especially in the entertainment industry, public information or not.
    Looking at the relationship (ages) on paper, doesn't it seem a little weird? Yes.
    But I personally believe there are other factors that need to be taken into consideration before a snap judgement is made.
    But that's just me

Was Paul Walker a saint? Nobody is perfect. But I personally believe he was a good person, with a good heart. Which is a lot more than I can say for other people in the same industry. Or, in the world.
    He wasn't some Shakespearean actor (and never claimed to be) but was doing what he loved to do (acting), and helping people and animals in his spare time - because he wanted to, and not for PR. He kept to himself (relationship-wise), and seemed to treat people the way he wanted to be treated - with common decency.

I came across this picture and had to post it, because it's too cute not to post
    Taken while Paul Walker was filming a movie in South Africa:

Last edited by SoCalMarie; December 8th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Bronze Member

Is that his daughter or girlfriend? Hard to Tell!
    Alysheba and Beeyotch like this.

Silver Member

Is that his daughter or girlfriend? Hard to Tell!
    It's his girlfriend back four years ago in 2009 at 19. She's a little heavier now and seems to be wearing contacts the last few years.

This is what she looks like in the photo above the last several years. The photo above was taken sometime from 2011 on.
    Last edited by LameAnn; December 8th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    It's highly likely that he was though to be fair.
    When I was young & virginal ( shut up!) I dated a man a lot older than I was (by 5/6 years), we waited over a year to have sex, and I wasn't particularly "innocent".
    Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I agree and I don't have kids, but he's not a pedophile and even though it may be icky it's perfectly legal in most of the world.
    I think that it depends on the individuals. On paper it looks skeevy, but irl sometimes it is & sometimes it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    There was this thread about it in 2009....

Paul Walker denies engagement to barely legal girlfriend
    I just want you know know that I haven't got you on ignore, icepick!
    At 14-15 I dated a 21 year old, at 19-20 I was dating a 33-34 yo, I then lived with him when I was 21 & he was 36. I dated someone in their 40s when I was in my mid-20s.
    I was treated with respect and as an adult that made my own decisions. I now appreciate that not everyone has the maturity is adulthood that I had in my late-teens/early-20s, but one-size does NOT fit all.
    He could have been a serial offender (Michael Jackson anyone?) but her parents appeared to be ok with the arrangement and they have been together for many years since (8 I believe).
    ConstanceSpry and Tati like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I find the age of his girlfriend eyebrow raising but I can't get on board with the whole pedo thing. Sometimes you get a young person with an old head on their shoulders and an older person who has never really grown up and if they meet in the middle and it all works out well for them then good on them.

Also if I was the parent of a 16 year old girl who was crazy for a 33 year old guy the last thing I would do would be to forbid her to see him or try and run him off. That's like catnip to a teenager in the middle of the Greatest Love EVAHHH!!! Give her the tools to protect herself, be watchful of the situation but don't let her think that she's some sort of Juliet who has to stand united with her Romeo against a world that doesn't understand.
    Novice, Flygirl, faithanne and 1 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    When I was young & virginal ( shut up!) I dated a man a lot older than I was (by 5/6 years), we waited over a year to have sex, and I wasn't particularly "innocent".
    Things were different in the 1950s though Nov, ahem, and I'm guessing your guy wasn't a devastatingly handsome Hollywood leading man who had assorted fannies flinging themselves at him left right and centre...and if he was you need to spill!
    Novice likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Thread Information