Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: Paul Walker from "The Fast & the Furious" dead at 40 in car crash

I would hope to God he was unconscious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Oh man I was hoping it was instantly due to the impact.
    So was I. Burning to death.....unimaginable......I hope he was unconscious at least. Now for that sick Lostprophets guy, hope he's conscious for every horrible thing coming to him.

Someone should have driven the girlfriend and Meadow home. It's not right that she had to drive after collapsing.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Paul Walker’s Girlfriend, Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell, Collapses — Her Sad Reaction - Hollywood Life

Paul Walker’s friends and family are completely heartbroken over his tragic death, and that includes girlfriend, Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell, 23, who literally collapsed when she heard the news.

Paul Walker‘s girlfriend, Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell is in “so much anguish” after her boyfriend died in a fiery crash on Nov. 30 in Santa Clarita, Cali. Jim Torp, an engineer at the Reach Out Worldwide charity told HollywoodLife.com exclusively. He was also the one who told Paul’s girlfriend – who has been dating him for seven years, about the accident.

Paul Walker’s Girlfriend Jasmine Pilchard In ‘Anguish

Jim heard a loud bang about five minutes after Paul, 40, got into a Porsche GT with his friend, Roger Rodas. Jim’s son was one of the first to arrive on the scene and immediately called his father to give him the horrific news.

“I got a phone call from him and he said it didn’t look good, that from the looks Paul and Roger didn’t make it. Paul’s girlfriend was standing next to me when I got the phone call,” Jim told HollywoodLife.com exclusively. ”When I told her what happened she fell, she collapsed.”

Jasmine then had to do one of the hardest tasks — tell Paul’s 15-year-old daughter, Meadow Walker, who was also at the event.

“I believe she is the one who told Meadow about what happened, and when she found out she was hysterical and crying,” Jim, 52, told us. “It was just so sad. I tried to do everything I could to help them. Paul’s girlfriend then took Meadow and drove her home. I don’t know if they drove to crash site. I just know they were in so much anguish.”
    This was on Paul Walkers official homepage:
    "It is unfortunate that claims are being made to the media that Paul’s daughter Meadow was at the event on Saturday when the accident occurred. We want to clarify that Paul went to the event alone. Meadow was not at the charity event on Saturday and thankfully, did not witness the accident. Any claims stating otherwise are inaccurate.
    Sadly, there’s also numerous people creating fake social media profiles claiming to be Meadow. We would like everyone to know that Meadow does not currently have any public profiles and is not currently active on social media. We ask that her privacy be respected at this time."

I think this Jim Torp guy is one of those wannabe friends of a famous person/someone who enjoys attention. When I first read about the accident on sunday morning, I think it was he who posted a pic of him and Walker on his facebook page and some story about Paul which seemed a bit...fan-like, if you can say that. Now I've read at least 3 interviews on different days given by him, and they all seem really dramatic like the one above. I think he is someone who met Walker maybe once or twice and is now acting like he is one of Walker's best friends and was in the middle of the "action", and "enjoys" the attention. He really seems to exaggarate everything that happened. Maybe that's mean of me but that's the vibe I get..

That is really awful that he died from the fire. Like others have said, hopefully he was uncounscious.

I'm sure he would have been unconscious first. That's what I'm going to believe anyway!

Shinola- I thought that was an unfortunate choice of phrase to use about his daughter too, seeing as she is nearly the age his girlfriend was! But as others said, liking 16 year olds wouldn't have made him a paedophile. He could have been but not because of that.

Bloody hell that's awful, I'm with you Sarzy, going to choose that he was unconscious and unaware of what happened. Poor souls.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

CNN says Walker's car ignited 60 seconds after the collision. Which means he was either unconscious or too disabled or confined to extricate himself from the car before it caught on fire. It's kind of scary to think that the car could just site there for a full minute before it bursts into flames. If you were someone trying to help him out of there, you probably would have been burned also.

I haven't seen it mentioned lately, but there had been some mention of steering fluid on the road leading up to the site of the collision. The implication would be that the car was not controllable at some point and then veered off. But I thought that power steering only made steering easier, and that if your system or fluid went out it would only be hard to steer, not impossible.

Well, if it was a full minute before the car exploded, the video I saw of the crash must have been time elapsed. Because it looked like the car exploded about 2-3 seconds after impact.

How horrible.....

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Well, if it was a full minute before the car exploded, the video I saw of the crash must have been time elapsed. Because it looked like the car exploded about 2-3 seconds after impact.

How horrible.....
    Is that the video where you can't actually see the car, just the smoke going up and then the flames? The video that I saw made it look like an incredibly fast conflagration, but a few seconds later, you see cars whipping around the corner at very unrealistic speeds, indicating that it was time lapse video.

It's been a while since I drove a car without power steering but I can imagine if you are speeding and all of the sudden it goes out it would be damn hard to get control.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    It's been a while since I drove a car without power steering but I can imagine if you are speeding and all of the sudden it goes out it would be damn hard to get control.
    If you were going around a turn at a high speed, for sure. I wonder if that's what happened. He's going to whip around the corner, starts to turn the wheel with a fairly light touch, and then realizes that he is going to have to crank it like hell, and by then, it's going straight into whatever is in front of them.

Yes, it would be a bitch to control and you would have to be strong. Acurately fighting an out of control vehicle, with no power steering, would be near impossible. Your reaction times just wouldn't cut it. Maybe a man would be better at that than I would....with strength and experience. But I would be road sludge, for sure.

Another Saint Paul story:

Paul Walker secretly bought Iraq war veteran $9,000 engagement ring for his new wife after overhearing the couple say it was too expensive

Soldier Kyle Upham and his new wife Kristen (right) were in the Santa Barbara jewellery store in 2004 looking for a diamond ring when they met the actor (left). Mr Upham told Walker he had served in Iraq before the newlyweds left the store without a ring because the jewellery was too expensive. A short time later, the couple were called back to the store and told by staff that their favorite $9,000 band (top left) had been purchased for them anonymously.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Is that the video where you can't actually see the car, just the smoke going up and then the flames? The video that I saw made it look like an incredibly fast conflagration, but a few seconds later, you see cars whipping around the corner at very unrealistic speeds, indicating that it was time lapse video.

Yes, that is the video I saw, Mo. I assumed that they had increased the speed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Yes, that is the video I saw, Mo. I assumed that they had increased the speed on it.
    I'm starting to think I'm wrong about my premise, though. There is another video, from behind a wall on the street opposite where the crash occurred. The car can't be seen, but you can see that a tree gets sideswiped, a second tree gets knocked back, a light pole next to it gets knocked over, and then a third tree gets hit, which is where the car finally stops and starts smoking before bursting into flames. To me, that would indicate that the care was probably on a straight path and then veered off for some reason. It still could be the steering in think because if it's off even slightly, you could veer right off the road. Also, if there were a problem with a tire, like a blowout it would also pull suddenly to one side. I also read that this car is particularly hard to control safely.

CNN video:
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/03/showbi...-walker-death/

Thread Information