Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: Paul Walker from "The Fast & the Furious" dead at 40 in car crash

Approved! You are now free to expire at your own leisure.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I am really sad for this actor, his friend and their families, but all the dancing around the fact that they were driving too fast makes me wary - the whole "the car was acting up, this is a car that needs respect, the driver was a professional so something must have happened, speed may have been a factor, etc..."
    Looking at the pictures, it is pretty obvious that speed was definitely a factor: it may not be the reason casuing the impact, but it is definitely one of the reasons why the accident was deadly.

Am I the only one who finds the whole "watch the recording of the impact" thing really creepy and macabre?
    Sarzy, JazzyGirl, rollo and 1 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    Am I the only one who finds the whole "watch the recording of the impact" thing really creepy and macabre?
    No. I've not clicked on a single video. I have no desire to see the moment two people lost their lives.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    No. I've not clicked on a single video. I have no desire to see the moment two people lost their lives.
    Agree. It's ghoulish in the extreme.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    it's a shame all these stories about him come out now that he's dead and that he wasn't more recognized for his humble personality and animal/charity work when he was still alive. we always hear about fucked up celebs and rarely about the good ones. that's the way it is, i guess, but it sucks.

i agree. it's like people saying "you care when a celebrity dies, but don't care about poor children in africa dying". if every single one of those poor children were displayed on the screen 24/7, we'd mourn them as well.
    Somebody should do that, preferably without commercials. Paul Walker sounds like he would've approved of the idea - since he was more interested in charity than celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    He was talking about how he'd killed a deer with a bow and arrow AND how Paul Walker (WHOEVER THAT IS!!!) and his friend had "melted together" during the accident and it's holding up the autopsy."
    Maybe you could reply to the teacher that below is some theme music to go with the discussion that put your son to sleep?

sputnik likes this.

Yeah, that's the thing to take from this: always make sure the people you love KNOW that you love them! I see 2 of my brothers ALL THE TIME but each time they leave, I always - WE always say - "I love you, see next weekend! be careful". My other brothers (two of them) we always say it when we talk on the phone. The fifth brother is an asshole and I try NOT to say it because he pisses me off. I worry I don't say it enough to my mom due to my deep seeded/seated resentments on things from my childhood... but she's got to where she won't get off the phone without the "I love you". So, I say it to her and I mean it, I'm just not as free with it to her as I am with my brothers and, my snowflake!
    My SO thinks I'm crazy because I always say the same thing. I tell him that I love him and to be careful. I tell my mom and my family that I love them and miss them every time we talk. I don't want those things left unsaid.

Yes, I know... I know because I read it on FB... I got an email from my son's geometry teacher about my Snowflake sleeping in class. Snowflake says "Yes, I fell asleep. I fell asleep because he wasn't discussing geometry. He was talking about how he'd killed a deer with a bow and arrow AND how Paul Walker (WHOEVER THAT IS!!!) and his friend had "melted together" during the accident and it's holding up the autopsy." I have a good mind to email that moron today to tell him to stick with geometry and leave the gossip to Snowflake's mama!
    Your snowflake sounds like an awesome kid!!

"melted together" sounds like something teenagers on Pinterest will somehow manage to bastardise into those "true love" memes
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Maybe you could reply to the teacher that below is some theme music to go with the discussion that put your son to sleep?

i love that song.
    MohandasKGanja and twitchy2.0 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^I love it, too.

I remember listening to this song and Icicle Works Whisper to a Scream in my room with my friends.
    JazzyGirl and MohandasKGanja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    "Finally broken his silence", it's been about three days! Good lord.

And to that stupid meme or whatever about recognising Rodas, OF COURSE Paul is getting more attention, because people actually know of him and, like has been mentioned up thread, feel like they knew him personally. If you invest time in a celebrity you do feel like you know them. If your neighbour and an unknown person were in the same situation, you'd care about the neighbour because you knew them. I hate people trying to get on their shitty moral high horse about this. It's not like no one has spoken about Rodas anyway. It's just human nature. R.I.P to them both.
    I agree.

People I have known since childhood posted stuff like that on Facebook. I wanted to respond to some with, "Funny, since you said dick all to me when my Mom died." Just seemed like people being pricks for the sake of being a prick.

To add to the comments on parents or relatives doing interviews right after a death.... I quickly learned that you don't always react the way you would expect. In my family, I have always been known as 'the sensitive one'. My family didn't even tell me right away that our dog went missing because they were scared of how I would react. They always hesitated giving me bad news.
    When my mom passed away in March, I was at my parents' place when the medical examiner called my Dad. I got on the other phone and asked questions for my Dad, asked if there was anything we needed to do on our end (ie paperwork, arrangements, I had never dealt with it before so I didn't know).
    I called the funeral service place to arrange for body pick up and cremation.
    I spoke to them about pricing for cards for the funeral.
    I called the Church to make service arrangements.
    I called my Mom's childhood best friend from another province, called the neighbor's, etc.
    I cleaned up the spot in the living room where my Mom was sitting when she died.

The ONLY thing I cried at during the whole thing, was when I had to dump the rest of my mom's cup of tea out and wash the cup.

None of my family could believe how I was taking charge. So I have stopped judging how other's react. Sometimes that person may not even understand how they are reacting the way they are.
    Last edited by dallison; December 3rd, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
    Brookie, dexter7, stef and 3 others like this.

Yes, I know... I know because I read it on FB... I got an email from my son's geometry teacher about my Snowflake sleeping in class. Snowflake says "Yes, I fell asleep. I fell asleep because he wasn't discussing geometry. He was talking about how he'd killed a deer with a bow and arrow AND how Paul Walker (WHOEVER THAT IS!!!) and his friend had "melted together" during the accident and it's holding up the autopsy." I have a good mind to email that moron today to tell him to stick with geometry and leave the gossip to Snowflake's mama!
    Holy balls, woman. I know it may be inappropriate, but I want to know what your response is, and also, to hear what sort of weak sauce that excuse for a teacher has to send back. Or if they wimp out and put their tail between their legs and don't respond at all. Which, given the circumstances, might be the best reaction. As long as they spend some time thinking about what they were doing.

You sound like a great mom, Mel. I mean that.
    dallison likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

^ this. Mel, I very often don't agree with your views, but I respect the hell out of you and you're clearly raising a hell of a kid. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^I love it, too.

I remember listening to this song and Icicle Works Whisper to a Scream in my room with my friends.
    Believe it or not, my kids got into the song from watching "Napoleon Dynamite". It's playing at the end when Napoleon and his gf are playing tetherball as the credits roll. Sublimely weird movie....
    KrisNine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombshell View Post
    Holy balls, woman. I know it may be inappropriate, but I want to know what your response is, and also, to hear what sort of weak sauce that excuse for a teacher has to send back. Or if they wimp out and put their tail between their legs and don't respond at all. Which, given the circumstances, might be the best reaction. As long as they spend some time thinking about what they were doing.

You sound like a great mom, Mel. I mean that.
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrat1229 View Post
    ^ this. Mel, I very often don't agree with your views, but I respect the hell out of you and you're clearly raising a hell of a kid. Kudos.
    well, that's nice of you guys to say. this particular teacher doesn't really answer my emails. my son says he's dyslexic... I don't know what he's doing teaching geometry if he's dyslexic but the misspelled words drive me insane. apparently, I have a way with words and my son likes to read what I have to say to his teachers BEFORE I send it. one incident this year left my son saying "you know, mom? I'm just going to talk to him about it myself. if you send that, he WILL CRY!". So, even though I'm positive the guy was out of line with my kid, the kid would rather handle it himself. Which, I do kind of enjoy because I like to know he can handle business if I'm not there to slap some sense into the idiots.
    Bombshell, Kittylady and rockchick like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Thread Information