Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: Paul Walker from "The Fast & the Furious" dead at 40 in car crash

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I think a lot of times when people die, it's good to get together with people they know/knew and relive the good times and share good memories... it's just that since this guy was an actor, there are a lot more people to talk to than is the norm. When my dad died, we were accused of "throwing a party" when, in actuality, we were just sitting around a fire reminiscing his life - the good parts, the funny parts, etc.
    That is what I was thinking too. I can't imagine the pain, but would imagine it might be a bit comforting to know that many many people share in your grief and are thinking of you. It wouldn't surprise me that some would want to publicly thank people for that. And it doesn't surprise me that some don't. The only thing more personal than death is grief. Everyone does it differently.
    dallison likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I think a lot of times when people die, it's good to get together with people they know/knew and relive the good times and share good memories... it's just that since this guy was an actor, there are a lot more people to talk to than is the norm. When my dad died, we were accused of "throwing a party" when, in actuality, we were just sitting around a fire reminiscing his life - the good parts, the funny parts, etc.
    I love services where people get to talk about the deceased. A longtime neighbor (Rick) of my parents had passed away (when both my parents were still alive). We were all at the memorial service, and taking turns talking about the guy. So, I stood up and told a story about how when I was about 14 we were setting off illegal fireworks out in the street, while the neighbor's wife Betty eyed us warily from their porch.

I lit off a jumping jack, and for some reason, instead of spinning in place, it fired off at Rick's porch and jumped up and down crazily right next to Betty setting off sparks that luckily never touched her. Rick came storming out of his house and reamed me out in front of my friends and anyone within earshot and then stormed back into his house. But before I could even leave the scene of the crime in shame, he came back out and invited me to a Washington Redskins game. My own dad never took me to a football game, but Rick, whose wife I nearly blasted with a jumping jack, took me to one. My dad especially loved the story by the way.

Silver Member

Gosh, his poor father! Even though he's very distraught, it's nice to see him recall fond memories of his son and how much he told he loved him all the time. I can't imagine the pain, his family is in right now, his teenage daughter in particular and Roger Roda's family. Both were too young. It was very heartbreaking to read Roger's 8 year old son tried to frantically save his dad and Paul's chilxdhood buddy trying to save him as well. What a horrible thing to witness. I hope everyone who was trying to save both men are given counselling to deal with what they saw, not easy at all. There are reports Paul's daughter was at the event as well. I hope it brings some small comfort to the families that both men died on impact and didn't suffer.
    Last edited by sam_h786; December 2nd, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

I'll admit to seeing all of them!! They're the best crap I cared to watch!! I liked him in Takers and the dog movie!!! I think the way he died was fucking horrible!! This time of year I'm extra emotional, yes!! This has nothing to do with it!! No one should die this way... People even mourned John Holmes!!!
    JadeStar70 likes this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Poor Roger's son, Sam. That's heartbreaking.
    Last edited by rollo; December 2nd, 2013 at 04:49 PM.

Silver Member

They were just talking about him on The Talk, and Sara Gilbert said years back she was on a flight to Hawaii and he was on it. Her daughter was three at the time, and started getting antsy and bored and she was trying to keep her entertained. She said all of a sudden her daughter disappeared and she was over in Paul's seat and he was entertaining her. She said she apologized and tried to get her daughter to come back over to her row but he said she was no trouble. She said basically he entertained her for three hours. She was taking off his shoes and putting them back on. She said he was so nice and talked away with her little girl. Later they were at the baggage claim and she saw him over there. And she thought, oh, no, he's probably thinking he didn't want to have to run into them again, but she said he came over to the little girl to say goodbye and was so sweet.

Julie Chen said she interviewed him once and said when he walked in the room he was so good looking it was almost hard to look at him and ask questions. But she said what struck her was how charming and nice he was, not just when the cameras were on like some stars, but on break also, and that he went around and said hello and after the interview bye to all the workers behind the scenes. She said he was very humble.

I didn't know much about him. But very sad to hear he's gone. Seemed like he's been in movies and TV forever. LameAnn sounds like he was a good guy. How unfortunate.

I love the series and characters too, Diva. I know I don't know the guy, but you almost feel like you do when you invest in a movie series. You invite these people in to your homes on the tv screen and their stories make them seem like old friends. Such a horrific way to die for these two men.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; December 2nd, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
    gas_chick and kersalli like this.

Into the Blue was and is a guilty pleasure of mine.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Poor Rogers' son, Sam. That's heartbreaking.
    Tell me about it, Rollo. Knowing your dad is in the car, burning and you can't do anything to save him. No one should ever have to witness that, especially a child. That poor boy.

I've read nothing but good things about him. I wasn't aware of his extensive charity work either, seems like he thoroughly enjoyed helping people and got a lot of fulfilment out of it. I respect him for selflessly devoting his time to help others.
    Last edited by sam_h786; December 2nd, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

That is terrible for that boy,...good God. A sight no one should ever witness, let alone an innocent child.

About the video I thought it was weird how the one guy kept commenting they're dead or he's dead real quick. I at first wondered if the video was from paps chasing them to their death.

I love the Fast movies at least all the ones that Vin is in. Loved Skulls too.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Add me to the list of people who have never been aware of this guy until now. Never saw any of his movies and really never followed him. It is so striking as to how you can be on top of the world and have everything - fame, fortune, admiration, family and good looks and that can all be taken away in a horrific instant. If anything, his death is a sobering reminder of that.
    HWBL likes this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

He was a huge animal lover.

spinmonkey, AgentOrange and stef like this.

Thread Information