Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

Thread: Paul Walker from "The Fast & the Furious" dead at 40 in car crash

Until I was about 20 I would get really embarrassed about saying it to my parents, but I say it at the end of every phone call and text before I go to bed these days. Sometimes my Mum forgets and I demand she say it, as I'm an only child and her one beautiful snowflake
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

i cannot for the life of me understand close family of a suddenly dead one,roaming tv ,radios,papers,you name it,giving interviews and mourning openly,fathers well dressed,mothers madeup to the nines..i cant help but think IF something happened to my kids,or most of the people,s i know,i will be under heavy sedation,screaming in between let me come with you..honest.I mean they put mascara on and say on tv *i cant hear you well now,maybe the crew should fix the sound*I know people mourn their own way,but this surpasses me..

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    i cannot for the life of me understand close family of a suddenly dead one,roaming tv ,radios,papers,you name it,giving interviews and mourning openly,fathers well dressed,mothers madeup to the nines..i cant help but think IF something happened to my kids,or most of the people,s i know,i will be under heavy sedation,screaming in between let me come with you..honest.I mean they put mascara on and say on tv *i cant hear you well now,maybe the crew should fix the sound*I know people mourn their own way,but this surpasses me..
    I think about that a lot - putting myself in the shoes of people who have gone through such a horrific tragedy. I feel like I would be out of my mind with grief -- wouldn't be able to say a single thing (at least that would be coherent). But I've seen that people have such a broad range of reactions to things that there are some people out there who can be really grief stricken but maintain composure. My family combines all the most maudlin, overwrought elements of the Irish and the Latin cultures.
    effie2 and rocky road like this.

I always assume I'll be a mess because I'm a massive weeper and I cry at everything that's even slightly emotional, but I think it depends on the situation. You'll fall apart if you feel like you can fall apart. When my Dad had his brain aneurysm rupture and I travelled back to Manchester to be there for my Mum, apparently when I got off the train she started telling me how my Dad was doing, and I said "hold on - how are YOU?" I think I subconsciously realised that as the only kidlet I had to step up to the plate and be there for my Mum (I totally don't remember asking her that question, I was in some weird sort of haze at the possibility of losing my Dad). It was definitely a changing of the guard moment - one when I realised I'm going to have to start looking after them, rather than the other way around. I cried ONCE, when my Mum went to bed that first night. Then I sucked it up and got on with it, and now my Dad is fine.
    effie2, Mel1973, sparkles and 6 others like this.

oh,but it is different when you child is in trouble,i ve buried parents and all relatives and it is my turn now!Of course i mourned them,but more or less this is the natural way..To lose a child...no,i cant begin to think about it.no way i could be all dolled up on a fucking tv channel.

Oh of course not, Effie!! I don't even want to imagine it.
    effie2 likes this.

I know I couldn't bear the loss of my child. I don't know how these people are camera ready either but like everyone has said, people grieve differently. I'm with Effie ... I'd be inconsolable. I really wouldn't want anyone near me.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Paul Walker's Father Tearfully Remembers His Son

Paul Walker
    ‘s father has spoken out following his son’s tragic deathover the weekend and he was understandably overcome with emotion during an interview with a local CBS station.

“I’m just … glad, that every time I saw him, I told him I loved him. And he would say the same thing to me,” Paul Walker, Sr. said. “You can’t beat friends at a time like this. “His brothers are all taking it pretty hard.”

“[He told me] I want to take a hiatus, [his daughter Meadow] is just 15 and ‘I don’t have much more time to be with her’ and then boom, he got another movie. He would say, ‘I don’t know what to do,” he added.

“His heart was so open. I was proud of him every day of his life,” he concluded.
    Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News | Just Jared

Poor guy. Some people just want to go out and talk to everybody about the loved one they've just lost, some people just go numb, others (like me) go on automatic pilot and go and make arrangements and only break down in the quiet of night when nobody's around (except for the dog or something like that). Before this tragedy happened, I'd never heard of the actor. His father looks a bit Asian from this camera angle.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Poor guy. Some people just want to go out and talk to everybody about the loved one they've just lost, some people just go numb, others (like me) go on automatic pilot and go and make arrangements and only break down in the quiet of night when nobody's around (except for the dog or something like that). Before this tragedy happened, I'd never heard of the actor. His father looks a bit Asian from this camera angle.
    After reading about so many dysfunctional families in Hollywood where people just can't stand their own mother, father, kids, siblings, whatever, I actually was moved to see Paul Walker's father talk about Paul, and see him get choked up. From his perspective, he could either not talk to the press (which is the way some people handle it), or have his one chance to express what a great relationship he had with his son (for the 15 minutes that anybody is going to care to hear it).

So sad for his family especially his daughter. RIP.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

So, so awful. That car. I just can't get over the destruction.
    And those pictures before it happened of him give me the heebie jeebies. Anytime I see pictures or people right before they die....just gives me shivers. It is so cliche to say it, but seriously, looking at him in those pictures, totally unaware of his fate...we all are so unaware of our own time and that of our loved ones...
    *sigh*
    It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit.

Silver Member

Paul Walker Crash

Cops Wrestled Friend Away from Burning Car

[Photo]

12/2/2013 7:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Exclusive

This is the dramatic moment when a cop had to physically wrestle one of Paul Walker's friends away from the crash scene ... seconds after it became clear Paul could not be saved.

TMZ broke the story ... Paul's friends rushed to the scene -- one even grabbed a fire extinguisher and desperately tried to extinguish the flames.

When the fire dept. arrived they tried to pull Paul's friends away. One of Paul's longtime friends, a guy named Nute, was so overwrought with emotion, he punched a firefighter. We're told Sheriff's deputies put Nute -- and several other of Paul's friends -- in custody, but let them go when they realized the circumstances.

Cops now believe Paul and the driver of the Porsche may have been in a street race with another car at the time of the crash and are looking for footage and witnesses.

See also

Read more: Paul Walker Crash -- Cops Wrestled Friend Away from Burning Car [Photos] | TMZ.com

Silver Member

It's quite clear nothing could have been done to save them. The car obviously burst into flames very quickly. Hopefully they died in the collision, not the fire It's usually said people in fires lose conciousness/die of carbon monoxide poisoning before the flames reach them, so the death is actually quite "painless". I just wonder how long that takes and if it could apply to this case, since it seems the flames grew big instantly. I really do hope they had already died..

This is my GR living will: If I am in a burning car like that, please do NOT try to save me. I have lived a great life at this point with very little regrets and no need to sit through years of skin-graft operations. Just distribute the proceeds of my estate accordingly.
    HWBL, Bombshell, msdeb and 5 others like this.

I think a lot of times when people die, it's good to get together with people they know/knew and relive the good times and share good memories... it's just that since this guy was an actor, there are a lot more people to talk to than is the norm. When my dad died, we were accused of "throwing a party" when, in actuality, we were just sitting around a fire reminiscing his life - the good parts, the funny parts, etc.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Thread Information