Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: Paul McCartney finally admits that Wings sucked

I really liked Band on the Run.
    MohandasKGanja and Wisher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I like alot of Wings songs: "Band on the Run", 'Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five", "Silly Love Songs". Very much a part of my 1970's childhood.

True story (pardon me if I've told it before): When I was in elementary school, I was taking a vocabulary test and the word was "grudge". Had to use it in a sentence so I wrote: "The country judge held a grudge." (from Band on the Run).
    That was very clever. You get an A for that.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    This thread is sharply divided into those with a modicum of musical taste and Wings fans.

[QUOTE=LameAnn;3480873]I love love love Let Me Roll It. What a great song. I've heard that it's referring to two different topics. One, Paul's love for pot. The second version, is it was an apology to John, reaching out to him, after their back-and-forth diss songs.

It was such a great live Wings song. Live 1975.

I didn't know that. I used to be up on all that kind of info many moons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Wings was lacking in performance, that is what sucked, but Paul was still writing the songs which is why it was still good. I think most people have a love/hate relationship with Wings. I loved some songs and hated others. Just take it as it is.

But that Xmas song makes me want to slap bitches.

Ok, so does anyone want to hear me sing Magneto and Titanium Man? Catchiest tune and a stupid song but you had to.

We Went To Town With The Library
    And We Swung All Over That
    Long Tall Bank In The Main Street

Well There She Were And To My Despair
    She's A Five-Star Criminal
    Breaking The Code
    What's also annoying is that he wrote a lot of very catchy tunes that you didn't want to sing or know the lyrics, but you did and you weren't cool. And then Disco happened and then the Zeppelin tour happened...etc etc.
    Wisher likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That reminds me, I have always disliked Rush and Geddy Lee's super-heliumized singing voice.
    I have an ex who was a Rush fan. Would hum/sing Spirit of Radio constantly. I fucking LOATHE that song now.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Rush are like the three stooges, mostly it's men that love 'em, women, not so much...

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Rush are like the three stooges, mostly it's men that love 'em, women, not so much...
    That's so true!!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I like the three stooges but Rush makes me wanna punch men who like them in the face.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I like the three stooges but Rush makes me wanna punch men who like them in the face.
    And their playing air guitar everytime a Rush song comes on.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Fuck you Wings haters. I loved them, and they were way before my time. It was all about him and Linda anyway, and that in itself was romantic as hell. Paul could write some catchy love songs.

Bee-I want to like your post a million times.
    Last edited by gas_chick; July 19th, 2016 at 03:12 PM.
    MohandasKGanja and Beeyotch like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Fuck you Wings haters. I loved them, and they were way before my time. It was all about him and Linda anyway, and that in itself was romantic as hell. Paul could write some catchy love songs.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Funnily enough the Bloke isn't bothered by Rush other than he thinks they sound a bit up their own arse but he absolutely LOVES the Three Stooges.

I can't catch a break, can I?
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I loved the Kennedy Center Honors show but why was Nancy behind him and not next to him? No one needs to see Oprah where Nancy should be.
    Wisher likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I never bought a rush cd but there's a small handful of rush songs that come on the radio sometimes that I like.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I should have saved the "shame" gif for you. Get thee to the Bizarre Confessions thread.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

pfft, rush is nothing. i like barry manilow too, specifically This One's For You.
    witchcurlgirl and JazzyGirl like this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information