Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Is Patrick Swayze dying?

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    It's just so sad I don't know if I'd be in denial but I would prepare the shit out of my death. I'd prolly lose faith in everything. The people who fight and survive are really brave.

My dad lived with a terminal illness for 5 years. The average person diagnosed dies within 3-5 years. I think he had hope that he would be one of the slower progressing cases and last longer than that but he certainly knew he was going to die. We had lots of talks with him about it. He said he wasn't afraid of dying per se, but afraid of the process of dying--the stopping of the breath etc. He thought that part would be horrible and scary.

He wrote his own obituary and planned his entire funeral . He died from ALS.

I am doing the ALS Adventure Challenge (ALS Adventure Challenge:) in his memory and honor. Please PM me if you would like to sponsor me (mods--i hope i am not breaking any rules here, please delete if i am).
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Hit By Ban Bus!

Patrick Swayze Remains Strong But Hopes Dim With Weight Loss, Report

By Julie Pike
    Mar 27, 2008

Everyone is pulling for Patrick Swayze in his tough an ongoing battle with cancer but a new report claims that his weight loss may have dimmed some of the hopes from his loved ones as he continues to remain strong and fight. A report from the National Enquirer claims that he continues to lose weight during his battle with pancreatic cancer.
    Patrick Swayze Remains Strong But Hopes Dim With Weight Loss, Report
    "Patrick has lost more weight, and his clothes are hanging off of him," said a family insider. Meanwhile, the report claims that doctors at Stanford University are monitoring whether the chemotherapy Patrick has been getting are stopping the disease from growing. If the chemo is proving to be successful, doctors are planning to attempt to remove the cancer with state-of-the-art CyberKnife radiation treatments.

The actor’s family and friends marvel at his determination to beat the almost-always deadly form of cancer. About 80 percent of pancreatic cancer patients die less that a year after they are diagnosed. “They are still hopeful Patrick will win his battle,” but the continuing weight loss is difficult to watch, said the insider.

By all accounts, Patrick is bravely facing the disease, and is grateful for the outpouring of love he has received. “People who know him can’t wrap their brains around someone like Patrick – who would give a stranger the shirt off of his back – being hit with pancreatic cancer,” said the insider. “To know Patrick is to love him.” National Ledger - Patrick Swayze Remains Strong But Hopes Dim With Weight Loss, Report

Sad.

he's also still smoking, so he ain't fighting that hard
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

So very sad. I hope he receives as much love from the people around him and becomes at peace with his life before he dies.

Sorry for being so pessimistic, but the Enquirer ran photos of him recently when he was smoking, he has the look of death.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    he's also still smoking, so he ain't fighting that hard

The tabloids just want to make him look like a hero, I'm sure. He knows he doesn't have much longer, so he's living by the motto of "fuck it".

We buried my ex's cousin last Sunday,he died not even 3 months after he was diagnosted with lung canser that took his brain swiftly.
    He was 63,lean,non drinking fellow,so sweet and caring..
    He never smoked ..
    He was just very unlucky..god rest his soul...
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    We buried my ex's cousin last Sunday,he died not even 3 months after he was diagnosted with lung canser that took his brain swiftly.
    He was 63,lean,non drinking fellow,so sweet and caring..
    He never smoked ..
    He was just very unlucky..god rest his soul...

I'm really sorry about that, Effie. *hugs*

He was also my youngest's godfather..it hit her hard,poor darling.
    Thank you ,Nicole,my sweet..we are still very sad in here..

So sad effie. Lung Cancer of all things. How in the world does that happen?
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

My ex told me the cousin's fellow teachers in his Uni,were saying in the funeral that none will get to be 65 and they are dying off like flies because of a forest of radio active antennas surrounding their work place..i dont know..we eat shit,breath shit and we stress too much..

It's absolutely heartbreaking about Patrick Swayze. He was just starting to film a new television show on location in Chicago. I'm pretty sure he only had done one episode before the diagnosis. His career was getting on the upswing again. Pancreatic cancer has only about a 10% cure rate. Michael Landon died like 2 weeks after he announced it. Joan Cusack's father died within weeks of the diagnosis as well. There is hope though. My husband's grandpa battled pancreatic/liver cancer back in 1991. He lived in Los Angeles at the time, and went to the same doctor that Michael Landon went to. Grandpa beat the disease and is still alive at 85 years old. Doctors can give you their best prognosis based on data they know of, but you never know. God bless Patrick and his family.

Jimmy Carter's brother, sisters, mother and father all died from forms of pancreatic cancer. Do you think it could also be in Swayze's family, besides just the chronic smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    My ex told me the cousin's fellow teachers in his Uni,were saying in the funeral that none will get to be 65 and they are dying off like flies because of a forest of radio active antennas surrounding their work place..i dont know..we eat shit,breath shit and we stress too much..
    That's horrible. I think it's time to change jobs. Nothing is worth precious life you know?
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

I was just thinking...how difficult it would be to lose a spouse like that..makes me think of those couples who have been together 30,40,50 years..I'd be pissed if he was smoking though, but if you are going to die..I guess enjoy whatever you can still do....

Thread Information