Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Patrick Dempsey and wife Jillian divorcing

I had never heard of his marriage to Rocky before, so I looked it up:

McNightmare! Patrick Dempsey’s Ex Made Shocking Claims About Their Broken Marriage In Bombshell Divorce Papers
    Posted on Feb 5, 2015 @ 4:02AM

Patrick “McDreamy” Dempsey is currently embroiled in a divorce from his wife, Jillian Fink Dempsey. But RadarOnline.com can reveal that it’s not his first. Dempsey’s first marriage meltdown resulted in his ex-wife filing nasty divorce papers with shocking claims, and Radar has all the details.

Rochelle “Rocky” Parker, who was married to Dempsey in 1987 when he was 21 and she was 47, made outrageous accusations that came to light during their vicious four-year divorce battle.

In one “Declaration” that Parker filed in Los Angeles Superior Court and that The National ENQUIRER obtained, she wrote that she was “willing to put up with [Dempsey’s] physical abuse” because she “loved” him.

She then laid bare her allegations against Dempsey. “The physical abuse included Respondent’s breaking my finger when he rushed me to the van and closed the door on my finger,” she wrote in legal papers.

“Also, while we were on the set of his [1987] movie Can’t Buy Me Love, he beat me up because he claimed he ‘wanted to see what it was like to beat up a woman!’ I now suffer from arthritis in my hand from where Respondent injured me,” she charged.

Parker alleged that while she helped him “get off drugs and alcohol,” in return Dempsey drove her to see a shrink and ruined her health.

In court papers, she said: “During the marriage, I began seeing a psychiatrist on a regular basis, and I was placed on antidepressants and other prescription medications to help me function.”

“I learned in therapy that my ill heath is due in large part to Respondent’s physical abuse and mental cruelty to me,” she continued.

The ENQUIRER reported that 49-year-old Dempsey’s representatives first said Parker, now 74, filed false statements in the court papers. But then his team contacted her and obtained a statement from her saying: “In the heat of a divorce, sometimes people say things they normally wouldn’t. I was advised to make these statements, but the statements of mental and physical abuse, as well as alcohol and drug use, are false.”

However, when The ENQUIRER contacted Parker days before the statement was released, Parker stood by her claims, adding, “I don’t know why I would put up with the violence and then protect him.”

As for the battering she said he gave her on the set of Can’t Buy Me Love, Parker said: “After that he never beat me up again.”

“I don’t know,” she answered when asked why Dempsey would attack her.

All her statements were consistent with the charges she filed in the divorce papers (Dempsey was never charged with a crime of abuse.)

“I have no hard feelings about what happened,” insisted Parker, whose divorce to Dempsey was finally granted in 1994. “I believe in forgiveness. It’s the only thing that really heals us.”

While Parker passed away in 2014, Dempsey’s reps continue to deny her claims.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

WTF? Why would he marry a 47 y/o at 21? I wonder what was up.

Brookie likes this.

I had no idea that the dissolution of their marriage was so messed up.

I remember the marriage at the time they were married because there were pictures in magazines like US. The main reason I remember it is that is such a huge swing in the other direction from the typical old guy marrying a young ingenue type of actress. Maybe he had mommy issues like John Lennon, or something.

This is Corey Parker, who is Rocky Parker's son and has been in a bunch of films. IMDB notes that at the time of the marriage, Corey Parker had Patrick Dempsey (who was one year younger) as a stepfather.

sluce likes this.

Rocky died back in 2014 but did an interview with son Corey the year before. Interesting life story. She was the "old time" model in the Virginia Slims ads.

Corey Parker's blog for actors: Interview: She Did It Her Way: Rocky Parker

Weird. She was always fug, judging from all those old photos.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I clearly remember so many of those ads. If Dempsey did beat her up, what an asshole.

I really don't think he did. The story is just too weird. He only did it once, because he wanted to know what it was like....
    Nevan likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

And take a look at Dempsey back in those days. Shit, I could have beat his ass. Ok, kidding. But, it does sound a little odd.

I remember reading something years ago that said she was the controlling one in the marriage/relationship. She was his manager before and sort of mother figure because I think he was best friends with her son. So, even though they married when he was 21, they were in a relationship when he was younger than that.

Can you imagine that happened with an older man and his daughters best friend? Wow.
    Nevan likes this.

I don't understand why any woman would want to hook up with someone their son's age much less a friend of their son. I have a son who is approaching his mid-twenties and the very idea makes my skin crawl with distaste. It's just ... ewww.
    sluce, sprynkles, czb and 1 others like this.

I have a six degrees here. I know a guy who was to be her next victim, er, protege. He must have been around 30 at the time. He was friends with Fran Drescher, Donna Dixon and Dan Ackroyd and somehow met her. He was thinking about trying acting and maybe staying in LA for a year to see. She invited him to stay in the guest house on her property. She connected him with a few people and he stayed for two months but decided to go home and back to real life. It was all business but she must have zeroed in on him because he was a young James Spader/Mark Harmon type.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I don't understand why any woman would want to hook up with someone their son's age much less a friend of their son. I have a son who is approaching his mid-twenties and the very idea makes my skin crawl with distaste. It's just ... ewww.
    aabbcc - in this country, you can't throw a rock without hitting some 30-plus-year-old woman teacher who had sex with a 14-year-old student. It's not something that I remember even hear of happening when I was a student.
    panic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Rocky died back in 2014 but did an interview with son Corey the year before. Interesting life story. She was the "old time" model in the Virginia Slims ads.

Corey Parker's blog for actors: Interview: She Did It Her Way: Rocky Parker
    Looks like she smoked 4 packs a day of those Virginia Slims too.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    aabbcc - in this country, you can't throw a rock without hitting some 30-plus-year-old woman teacher who had sex with a 14-year-old student. It's not something that I remember even hear of happening when I was a student.
    Mo - that's a bit of an exaggeration. LOL I do believe the female abusers get less punishment than males teachers though.

This is all really amazing to me, I had no idea McDreamy had such a past.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Mo - that's a bit of an exaggeration. LOL I do believe the female abusers get less punishment than males teachers though.
    A few weeks ago I recorded a sentencing where a young woman ~25ish was being charged with L&L with a 14 year old boy. Was given a two year deferred probation sentence, she only has to register for those two years. She said, "If the parent was more involved I may feel more badly about it" - they couldn't prove there was any actual sexual activity because the victim wouldn't say, but the text messages were pretty clear. She'll be back in schools in two years and not a trace of this on her record. I couldn't believe it. I'm with aabbcc - it's something I'll never understand. Even as a teenager I thought the idea of dating someone even a year younger than me was just preposterous (still do, thankfully my husband is two months older than I am ).
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Even as a teenager I thought the idea of dating someone even a year younger than me was just preposterous (still do, thankfully my husband is two months older than I am ).
    I know how you feel. Mrs. Mohandas is 9 months my senior, and all these years later I still get that illicit feeling that goes all the way back to grade school - "I just made out with a babe older than me!"
    panic likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information