Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Paris Hilton Says She's Been 'Playing a Character' Her Entire Career ... Until Now

Yeah, the Mr insists on garlic bread! And I made ground turkey meatballs once, so now I have to do those every time too.

Tonight I am trying Guy Fieri's Cajun Chicken Alfredo. Calories be damned. It's cold and snowing and I want pasta!
    sprynkles and Waterslide like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I just love that this thread has turned to food. I know most do but the fact that it's a racist Paris Hilton thread makes it even better. She's probably found it from google alerts and is fuming!!
    Trixie and Waterslide like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Racist skank!

Yay, meatballs!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Racist skank with dead puppers!

I used to make meatballs with ground beef, pork, and veal, but even ground pork is kind of expensive now when I see it and forget about veal altogether. And also I'm lazy. I also like to soak a piece of Italian bread in buttermilk and use that instead of breadcrumbs. It gives the meatballs a little something. And tons of parm. If I'm going to eat pasta, I'm going to go all out.

Trixie, I love Cajun pasta. I used to request panéed chicken and shrimp on my birthday for a lot of years. I should make that again.

I tried chickpea pasta a couple of weeks ago and it didn't go well. I like chickpeas, but it was kind of distracting and I could tell it wasn't "real" pasta.
    Trixie likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

i've always made meatballs with dried oats ... it's a jewish thing (no milk & meat).

sauce is easy. olive oil in a pan, saute garlic. add a can of whole tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, salt. cover and cook for at least 45 mintues. longer is better. after it's been cooking for a while, mash up the tomatoes in the pan. add dried or fresh oregano in the last 15 minutes. BOOM. sauce.
    Waterslide, Novice and lindsaywhit like this.

My mom used to put oats in meatballs and meatloaf when I was very young. I think it was because of my Dad's cholesterol, though? I'd forgotten about that.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

My mom's meatloaf recipe had oats in it too. It was great. Especially the next day in a sandwich.
    lindsaywhit and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i've always made meatballs with dried oats ... it's a jewish thing (no milk & meat).

sauce is easy. olive oil in a pan, saute garlic. add a can of whole tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, salt. cover and cook for at least 45 mintues. longer is better. after it's been cooking for a while, mash up the tomatoes in the pan. add dried or fresh oregano in the last 15 minutes. BOOM. sauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    My mom used to put oats in meatballs and meatloaf when I was very young. I think it was because of my Dad's cholesterol, though? I'd forgotten about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    My mom's meatloaf recipe had oats in it too. It was great. Especially the next day in a sandwich.
    The recipe was on the Quaker Oats box. My mom made it that way, and so did I.

sprynkles and Waterslide like this.

Nice. Thanks for that. I think we used ketchup or tomato sauce instead of tomato juice. It always turned out pretty good.
    czb and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    For the spaghetti sauce? I don't really have a recipe TBH. I use ground turkey when I make spaghetti, so I brown that with some fresh onion and garlic, throw in a quart jar of the home-canned tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, italian seasonings (basil, oregano, parsley) salt, pepper and some cayenne pepper, then I cook all day in the crock pot, taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. A big can of diced tomatoes would also work, or pureed if you want a smooth sauce without the chunks. Obviously if you're making a meatless sauce, omit the ground turkey. I like shredded carrots too in a meatless sauce.
    Great, now I'm hungry & it's only 10:17 in the morning.
    Trixie and Waterslide like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

czb

yeah, that oat box recipe is similar to the way i make meat loaf. but i use tomato paste instead of sauce. half the can mixed in the loaf and the rest spread on top. and more seasoning in the loaf.
    Waterslide likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I used to make meatballs with ground beef, pork, and veal, but even ground pork is kind of expensive now when I see it and forget about veal altogether. And also I'm lazy. I also like to soak a piece of Italian bread in buttermilk and use that instead of breadcrumbs. It gives the meatballs a little something. And tons of parm. If I'm going to eat pasta, I'm going to go all out.

Trixie, I love Cajun pasta. I used to request panéed chicken and shrimp on my birthday for a lot of years. I should make that again.

I tried chickpea pasta a couple of weeks ago and it didn't go well. I like chickpeas, but it was kind of distracting and I could tell it wasn't "real" pasta.
    Many supermarkets sell the three blend, usually labeled as meatloaf mix. It's considerably cheaper than buying each individually, about the same price as a pound of 85/15 ground beef.
    Waterslide likes this.

This is a great not-your-average meatloaf recipe that I've been making for years. Again, a lot of work but a great Sunday dinner and then the Mr. can take meatloaf sandwiches to work for a couple days.

https://app.ckbk.com/recipe/then6437...reet-meat-loaf
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post

I make something similar. I also add some sliced black and green olives to it. It's one of our favorites.

I do have a quick and dirty recipe for a large amount of spaghetti sauce. I'll buy two jars of sauce. I like the ones that aren't sweet and don't have a lot of other stuff in them, just a general marinara. Brown a pound of ground beef or turkey with salt and pepper. Then I'll chop an onion, a green pepper, and a couple cloves of garlic and add it to the browning meat. I'll add the two jars of sauce to it and let it simmer for about an hour. It's amazingly good. Sometimes I'll add a little water to it just to thin it out a tiny bit.

Oh, and Paris Hilton is an idiot. I don't care how many times this twit tries to tell us it's all an act. It's not. She's dumb. She's just lucky she's from a rich family and was born during a time where an idiot like herself somehow sells.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information