Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Pamela Anderson says... "I am CURED!!!" from Hepatitis C, that is

And your taxes are?

The US needs to do something about our healthcare system, but people will refuse to absorb that tax increase needed for a nationalized system.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Canada has a pretty good system in terms of seeing doctors, hospitalization, etc. but I do know that 50% of our tax dollars go towards healthcare. And our system is nowhere near perfect. I live and breathe this stuff every day so I see a lot of issues. Plus, people here have no idea how much things truly cost and are constantly complaining about what's not covered, while also complaining about how much they pay in taxes. You can't have it both ways!
    sluce likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Mine personally ?? or my countries dividend ?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Honey I grew up in money..the one thing I love about our medical system is that it takes care of the poor,vulnerable and truly can help those in need without stressing them in debt or just plain not treating them because they cant afford help.
    f to the you to the c to the k pay!! Yay USA

In the US the wealthy have care because they can afford it. The poor get excellent care for free because the rest of us pay for them through our taxes. It's the middle class who are screwed. They may get insurance through an employer but they still pay. Some employers contribute to the cost too. The new system gives subsidies to some so they can afford to buy coverage. The people in the middle get no subsidy.
    czb, panic, Angeli and 2 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

So when we get injured or ill beyond what we can pay, or to the point where we lose our jobs and thus our insurance, we get jack shit.

Well, I suppose if we get lucky enough to lose everything we own we can join the ranks of the poor.

In other words. Don't get sick. Don't get hurt.

darksithbunny likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    So when we get injured or ill beyond what we can pay, or to the point where we lose our jobs and thus our insurance, we get jack shit.

Well, I suppose if we get lucky enough to lose everything we own we can join the ranks of the poor.

In other words. Don't get sick. Don't get hurt.

ACA expanded Medicaid and Medicare. Many, many more people now qualify that never did before. Subsidies for those that don't qualify have also significantly increased. One of the bigger issues, imo, is people are relatively ignorant on how to apply for services/subsidies. Of course the government isn't going to help with that one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information