Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Pamela Anderson Reveals Her History of Sexual Abuse

The boys look nice, happy and healthy... someone is doing some good parenting.

Those boys are adorable.

RCMP to probe Pamela Anderson sex abuse allegations

Canadian police have launched an investigation into sex abuse allegations made by Pamela Anderson during an appearance in Cannes, France last week.

The Baywatch star stunned guests at the launch of The Pamela Anderson Foundation by detailing the horrific sexual assaults she suffered as a child and in her teens.

Anderson had previously revealed she was raped when she was 12 years old, but she went on to describe how she was also allegedly molested by a female babysitter at the age of six and gang-raped as a teen by a group of young men.

Police in Anderson's hometown of Ladysmith in British Columbia have now confirmed they are investigating her claims and have requested a meeting with the star.

In a statement, RCMP spokesperson Corporal Darren Lagan said "We are aware of the recent statements made by Ms. Anderson at an event in Cannes, France. Given the nature of the allegations, an investigator with the Ladysmith RCMP is in the process of reaching out to Ms. Anderson to discuss this matter with her directly."

Meanwhile, the actress' mother, Carol Anderson, has admitted she had no idea that her daughter had suffered such traumatic experiences.

Speaking to Dailymail.co.uk, she says, "This whole thing is a complete shock. This is a terrible, dramatic thing to have happened to Pamela and if she went through that all by herself it is horrible.

"I am kind of numb over it all, I sat there with my mouth open when I found out. My husband Barry and I always felt we were there all the time for the kids so it's just terrible to hear this now."

Carol reveals that Anderson emailed her after the speech, but she is yet to speak to her daughter in person about the claims.

RCMP to probe Pamela Anderson sex abuse allegations | Celebrities | Entertainmen

Huhn. Well, looks like this story might grow legs and trot about. I'm glad someone thought it best to actually investigate, for whatever reasons. I've always felt a bit sorry for Pammy. The blinds about her selling herself are just sad. I hope there's some truth here that might come out and result in punishment for somebody who deserves it.
    sprynkles likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Meanwhile, the actress' mother, Carol Anderson, has admitted she had no idea that her daughter had suffered such traumatic experiences.

Speaking to Dailymail.co.uk, she says, "This whole thing is a complete shock. This is a terrible, dramatic thing to have happened to Pamela and if she went through that all by herself it is horrible.

"I am kind of numb over it all, I sat there with my mouth open when I found out. My husband Barry and I always felt we were there all the time for the kids so it's just terrible to hear this now."

Carol reveals that Anderson emailed her after the speech, but she is yet to speak to her daughter in person about the claims.
    It's odd her mom is now saying that she knew about none of these, Pamela wrote about one of her rapes in 03 for Jane magazine and said she had told her mom about one of them already.

''My first experience with sex was nonconsensual,'' she writes in the October issue of Jane magazine. ''The guy ran around afterward in a panic, saying, 'What have I done, what have I done?' Looking back, it was awful. I felt like everyone knew that I had had sex, like it was tattooed on my forehead. That was one thing I never told my mom until a few years ago.''
    VIP Mistreatment | EW.com

Silver Member

I'm pretty sure she also spoke of this while on the Howard Stern show in the mid-90's.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Sasha View Post
    It's odd her mom is now saying that she knew about none of these, Pamela wrote about one of her rapes in 03 for Jane magazine and said she had told her mom about one of them already.

VIP Mistreatment | EW.com
    Just from all the rumors about her making up the whole Hepatitis thing from sharing tattoo needles with Tommy Lee (which sounded weird and unlikely in the first place), her truth-telling abilities in general have always seemed suspect to me.
    Icepik and spinmonkey like this.

^ I agree and this is probably why she is being called out on it.

I'm sorry, but how exactly is this being investigated? She's how old now? The babysitter is likely in her 50s-60s now, the guys from the gang rape probably are as well. How are they planning to identify and charge these people? I am curious about this.

I have a lot of feelings/opinions about charging people with crimes decades after they occur, especially sex crimes, but that's for another discussion.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Could be regret about her sexualized career, things her boys have probably heard by now and her venturing into senior territory might prompt her to give a good story. I don't normally go round doubting rape stories but I don't believe this one. Makes me wonder if she has any book deals in the wings.
    Drive-by poster

I believe her. Why on earth would she lie about something so awful?

I don't know. Maybe it's the timing I'm bothered with. Considering her image and career as a sex symbol. If she had said it sooner, would it have ruined her image/career or bolstered it with the whole "rape isn't about sex" thing? Was the sex symbol something she sought after or was it the only choice for her looks?

Kind of a tricky thing to think about.
    Drive-by poster

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I believe her. Why on earth would she lie about something so awful?
    It's Hollywood. The entertainment industry is built on lies, tears, and money...
    Lies/Embellished Stories = PR, PR = Exposure/Opportunities , Exposure/Opportunities = $$$

(I'm not questioning her, nor do I think she just made it up, I'm just talking in a general sense, in that - lying about awful things for no reason happens)

There are also non-famous people that make up horrible stories for some reason of another. There have been people that fake pregnancies, miscarriages for sympathy, (*cough* cough* Lohan), there are people out there that fake having cancer... etc.
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; May 27th, 2014 at 03:56 AM.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I am absolutely not saying she is lying about this but do understand why some will doubt her. I have treated several patients who were very sexually active in their teen years and later had regrets. They stuggle with guilt and start to try and rationalize what happened in their mind to "absolve" themselves. Two had situations where they had sex with multiple men at once, and 10-18 years later began classify the act as gang rape rather than consensual sex. In treatment both women stated they were drunk at the time but not black out drunk, the guys involved were also drunk, they never said no, they already had sexual experience with a few of the guys involved and continued be sexual with them after, and they never made any accusations when it happened. They grew up and started feel shame. One woman confronted a few of the men and it did not go well. These cases are very difficult. You have men who feel they all had sex with a woman who was willing and kept having sex with them after. Then you have a woman who is filled with regret and shame, feels victimized, and can't move forward until she resolves these emotions. I can't even begin to talk about how difficult it is to treat women in this position.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I knew she would get bored with looking somewhat classy.

I

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information