Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Oprah Winfrey: Sarah Palin not invited on my show until after the election

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    I'm sorry if that's your experience, but that's a generality of all people, not republicans only. Every republican I know adores children, and many volunteer in children's causes like Big Brother/Sister, mentoring, tutors, etc.

And speaking of not caring, Obama certainly doesn't care about babies that survive a partial birth abortion. He'd rather let them die than give them medicare aid. He'd rather honor the mother's original request than save the life of a child. Its all on record in his Illinois senate days.
    Yes, because when she laid down there, she didn't want the baby, and I am guessing that she still doesn't want the baby. So, should we make her take the baby home anyway, or should we get one of those baby savers picketing outside to take the unwanted baby home? Even, with my past I believe that all women have a right to choose...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    so you'll vote for McCain, who voted along with Bush, to attack a country that was no threat, and that said attack turned said country into a terrorist breeding ground AFTER the fact?

Doesn't that seem stupid to you? THEY CAUSED MORE TERRORISTS TO BE CREATED, as well as let the ones in afghanistan regroup.

You think that's being "safer" ?

explain how.
    More and perhaps soon to be increased by half a million.

Pakistani tribal chiefs threaten to join Taliban

US warned of uprising if armed incursions continue
    New counter-terror policy backfires on Washington

• Saeed Shah in Islamabad
    • The Guardian,
    • Monday September 15 2008
    A controversial new US tactic to mount counter-terrorist operations inside Pakistan has met with fresh hostility, it emerged yesterday, as Pakistani tribesmen representing half a million people vowed to switch sides and join the Taliban if Washington does not stop cross-border attacks by its forces from Afghanistan.

Reacting to American missile attacks in north Waziristan last week, which followed an unprecedented cross-border ground assault earlier this month, tribal chiefs from the area called an emergency meeting on Saturday.

"If America doesn't stop attacks in tribal areas, we will prepare a lashkar [army] to attack US forces in Afghanistan," tribal chief Malik Nasrullah announced in Miran Shah, north Waziristan's largest city. "We will also seek support from the tribal elders in Afghanistan to fight jointly against America."

The development threatens to widen the conflict, with previously moderate people from Pakistan's tribal border region with Afghanistan in danger of joining Taliban militants based in the area. They have reacted furiously to intensified American missile attacks on targets in the tribal territory in recent weeks.

The issue is likely to feature in talks between Gordon Brown and Pakistan's new president, Asif Ali Zardari, this week. Zardari, who is on a private visit to Britain, is due to meet Brown tomorrow. The prime minister is likely to press for greater Pakistani action against militants in the tribal area and may go along with US calls to integrate the tribal territory into the conflict in Afghanistan as one theatre of war, an idea Pakistan will fiercely resist.
    Zardari and Pakistan's prime minister, Yousaf Raza Gilani, said in a joint statement at the weekend: "The sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country should be respected at all cost." During the past month, there have been seven US missile strikes in the tribal area, about the same number as in the whole of last year. A US ground assault in south Waziristan provoked a sharp rebuke from the Pakistan army.

Washington believes that Taliban and al-Qaida militants fighting the western coalition in Afghanistan are using Pakistan's tribal area as a safe haven.

But Ayaz Wazir, a retired Pakistani diplomat who is a tribal chief from south Waziristan, warned: "If the Americans are coming to sort it out with force, they would create more enemies. The Americans might have supersonic jets and we might have to fight with stones in our hands, but we will stand up."
    Up to now, only a tiny minority of the tribesmen have joined the Pakistani or Afghan Taliban movements, but incursions by the US could ignite the area.

The heightened US activity comes just as some Pakistani tribes have risen against the Taliban in the border areas of Dir and Bajaur. But hatred of America would far surpass any dislike for Islamic extremists.
    Afghanistan: Pakistani tribal chiefs threaten to join Taliban | World news | The Guardian

Yay safer!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

oy. Idiots.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Tactics over strategy??

I can't help thinking that the Democrats have made the mistake of making Palin the issue, and then going on the defensive. It's showing in the polls, too. After 8 years of Mad George and his Vice President, Darth Vader, the election was Obama's for the taking. It's also his to lose.

Strategy STARS Blog Over-Reaction to Attack: the Obama Campaign
    Actually, that's not accurate. Palin polls as the least favorable candidate out of McCain, Palin, Obama and Biden.
    McCain's other problem is that Sarah Palin may no longer be an asset to the ticket; in fact, she may be a liability. Averaging the candidates' favorability scores across four recent polls -- as one should always try and do when looking at favorability numbers since they can vary greatly depending on question wording -- Palin now has the worst net scores among the four principals in the race:

Palin's average favorability score is now a +7 -- about 10 points behind Joe Biden's numbers.
    Perhaps more importantly, these numbers are 10-15 points behind where Palin's numbers were just a week or so ago. If voters come in not knowing very much about a candidate -- and the more they see of the candidate, the less they like of the candidate -- this is a major concern.
    FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right: State of the Race: Is McCain In Trouble?
    And yes, her favorability numbers have been eroding.
    As voters have taken a second look at Sarah Palin in venues like the Charlie Gibson interview and even Tina Fey's SNL sketch, they may not be as enamored of what they're seeing.

The Research 2000 poll for Daily Kos now has Palin's favorability-unfavorability scores at 45-44 -- just a +1. Six days ago, when the poll, launched, she was at a 52-35, a +17.

And I know that some of you don't like or don't trust this poll -- for reasons that I think are a little silly -- but there is a similar decline in her numbers in the Diageo/Hotline poll. Her favorability numbers in yesterday's Hotline poll -- today's isn't out yet -- were a 48-36, or a +12. But a week ago, on September 8, she had been at a 48-24, a +24.

Whether this ultimately has any effect on the Presidential race remains to be seen; Obama's position has improved in the national trackers, but not so much in the state polls. But it seems possible to me that John McCain's recent bounce has had more to do with John McCain -- whose speech at the convention was as underrated as Palin's was overrated -- and less to do with Palin than is generally acknowledged. And if people are voting based on the bottom of the ticket, it seems furthermore that she may yet wind up being a net liability for him.
    FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right: Palin's Favorability Numbers Eroding

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Yes, because when she laid down there, she didn't want the baby, and I am guessing that she still doesn't want the baby. So, should we make her take the baby home anyway, or should we get one of those baby savers picketing outside to take the unwanted baby home? Even, with my past I believe that all women have a right to choose...
    That baby is a human being and has basic human rights. Period. If the baby is not wanted, it goes into foster care and then adoption, just like any other abandoned baby.

But not left to die. Cruel and monstrous.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Which human rights do fetuses possess? Can they talk? Go out and play? Crawl? Watch television? File taxes? No. It's just a cluster of cells, until the sixth or seventh month.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Actually, that's not accurate. Palin polls as the least favorable candidate out of McCain, Palin, Obama and Biden.

And yes, her favorability numbers have been eroding.
    Last poll I heard quoted had Obama @ 49% and McCain @ 48%. Considering the 'Bush Factor' Obama should be doing better. A few missteps and Obama could blow something that was supposed to be in the bag.

Palin might be the least popular candidate in the race, but she's the factor that's changed the equation. People are talking about her instead of talking about Obama (or the issues). That's why we have this thread. The only way that you deal with a hot potato like that is by 'not talking about her'. The less attention she gets, the more 'harmless' she becomes.

Last poll I heard quoted had Obama @ 49% and McCain @ 48%. Considering the 'Bush Factor' Obama should be doing better. A few missteps and Obama could blow something that was supposed to be in the bag.
    The political party that holds their convention last always has a bump in the polls after it. That bump for McCain now appears to be over.

I prefer the poll analysis done at FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right instead of just one poll since they show results from more than one poll and give weight to the polls that have historically been correct.

Palin might be the least popular candidate in the race, but she's the factor that's changed the equation. People are talking about her instead of talking about Obama (or the issues). That's why we have this thread. The only way that you deal with a hot potato like that is by 'not talking about her'. The less attention she gets, the more 'harmless' she becomes.
    The more her "executive record" is exposed, the less favorable she looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    - They all suck.
    - They're all lairs.
    - None of them will do all that they promise to do.

Therefore, carry on with the bashing of both sides....they all deserve it.
    This sums up my feelings about politicians too

The novelty of Sarah Palin wore off about yesterday.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread Information