Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

I've seen comments asking why Mia was allowed to adopt so many kids. I know several families who have adopted more than 10 kids and have wonderful, happy families. These are often the families who adopt the kids that no one else wanted.

Mia got pregnant with Previn in 1970, while he was married. They married and had 3 kids, and adopted 3 kids, including Soon-yi. This was back in the 70s when it was much easier to adopt and there was no reason why they wouldn't be approved. They divorced in 1979.

In 1980 she started dating Woody. They adopted Moses and Dylan together and had Satchel now known as Ronan.

Then as a single mother, she adopted 6 more kids after the accusations about Woody. All are foreign adoptions. There was no reason why she would not pass a home study which was all that was required to finalize the adoption in the US. She had the means to provide for the kids and there were no allegations of abuse against her. She had kids who were already adults.

Two of her kids have died so she has 13 living.
    kcoh likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

This photo always gave me the creeps...

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Kids very rarely lie about abuse unprompted, however it is sadly not unheard of for kids to be manipulated into believing it by adults involved. I've not seen anyone argue that Dylan is deliberately lying, but it's entirely possible to believe something that didn't happen, especially if you then spent your entire childhood where that was reinforced. [/COLOR]
    The problem in this situation is that Dylan has specifically said that Mia questioned her story and told her "I wouldn't be in trouble if I was lying - that I could take it all back. I couldnít. It was all true."

It seems highly unlikely that Mia induced a memory where she said she encouraged Dylan that she could change her story if she had been lying.

So, basically, following that narrative, if we don't believe Dylan's account right now, we are calling her a liar, and not saying it was an induced memory.
    sparkles and kcoh like this.

I thought Soon-Yi was underage when the pics were taken.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The problem in this situation is that Dylan has specifically said that Mia questioned her story and told her "I wouldn't be in trouble if I was lying - that I could take it all back. I couldn’t. It was all true."

It seems highly unlikely that Mia induced a memory where she said she encouraged Dylan that she could change her story if she had been lying.

So, basically, following that narrative, if we don't believe Dylan's account right now, we are calling her a liar, and not saying it was an induced memory.
    Right. Both parties are, demonstrably, being accused in the court of public opinion--one of rape, one of lying about her rape. in the absence of a court case we can either presume the innocence of WA--not guilty of child rape---or we can presume the innocence of Dylan---not guilty of lying about her rape. The presumption of innocence cannot be given to both parties. Only one of them can be not guilty. People are free to choose either presumption but as the author 'WA's Good Name' rightly points out, there is no epidemic of false accusations of rape. Of rape, on the other hand, there is, demonstrably, a culture of rape that routinely perpetrates, exonerates the perpetrators, and denigrates the victims.
    Linne likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Who is telling the truth? Obviously I can't say for sure and I don't have proof but if I go by my non-legally binding gut instinct... Well lets just say that Woody Allen gives me the kind of vibe that he's not someone I'd want sat behind me on a late night bus, and always has done. That's why I've never enjoyed a single one of his films; something inside me was always instantly repulsed by him.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Let's just say I wouldn't let Woody Allen babysit my kids.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I thought Soon-Yi was underage when the pics were taken.
    nope. 19 or 21. her exact date of birth has never been determined so that's why there's a 2 year window.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

I believe Dylan. Not only did her words ring true but her "father" married her SISTER. Soon-Yi was only 10 years old when Woody Allen met her and they were all a family. He is a sick fuck of the highest order on just that FACT.

eta Alec Baldwin is such an ass! His comments are asinine.

^^^hmmm

In 20+ years.. And over 30 kids.. There should have been boatloads of victims!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post

I knew the first time I heard of this years ago, it was true. Just the very look of the ugly fukker! Why are pedos usually ugly? Hmmm?
    And sadly to say,usually.... sexual abuse does NOT start and end with one person.
    Yes, ugly plus trenchcoat, that's what cops look for while out on donut runs.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^^ and thank god for that, it makes them so easy to catch.
    *DIVA!, ConstanceSpry and Mel1973 like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Why would any other victims speak out if it's too late to prosecute him and they just get shit for doing so? I'm sure he has lots of victims.
    BelledeJour and Butterfly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownfan View Post
    I believe Dylan. Not only did her words ring true but her "father" married her SISTER. Soon-Yi was only 10 years old when Woody Allen met her and they were all a family. He is a sick fuck of the highest order on just that FACT.
    another famous case: carla bruni, former first lady of france, has a son. while she was living with her much older boyfriend, she began an affair with his (married) son and had a baby with him. so basically, this kid will grow up knowing that her mom fucked his dad and his grandfather. does this mean she's some kind of incestuous paedophile predator and that she's a creep of the highest order? it's weird and iffy and whatever the hell you want to call it but it's not illegal and everyone involved was a consenting adult so really, who gives a fuck? as for WA and soon-yi and mia farrow, same thing, they were all adults and yes, it sucks that mia's boyfriend left her for her 19 (or 21) year-old adopted daughter but it's neither illegal nor is it incest.
    Brah, *DIVA! and effie2 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My gut instinct is to believe Dylan. Her letter rings true to me. I can't imagine what it is like to speak about your abuse and to be so publically criticized. And to see your abuser so celebrated.

I have a very small, but lovely, circle of friends. Three of them have told me of repeated rapes by family members. Other friends have told me of their abuse by people outside the family. That so many friends of mine have been sexually abused is staggering to me. While my group of friends may not be a scientific sample, what does it say about society at large? In addition, given the stigma of incest, and how it is still rarely spoken about, the fact that three women from entirely different backgrounds have told me of this experience suggests to me that it must be a horrifically widespread problem. I am still shocked when I read about someone being victimized like this but I honestly think stories like Dylan's are just the tip of the iceberg.

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information