Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    I absolutely believe her and have intentionally never watched a Woody Allen film.
    Same here.

The liberals have gone mad. Sorry/not sorry. Liberalism has turned itself inside out to the point where it's hard to distinguish a progressive from a fascist. This feeling isn't just coming from this thread but a lot of other topics in the news as well.

I believe Ronan. I also know that Woody Allen was not convicted of a crime. I believe in the rule of law. He was innocent until proven guilty, legally anyway, and as such, this idea that he should burned at that stake disturbs me. That is not how justice works in a civilized place. So he is free to work and live.

If someone objects to working with him because of the allegations, great. Don't work with him. Don't watch his movies either. That is your choice. And one I would make (he's a fucking weirdo) but if someone makes a different choice that's theirs to make. We should not be calling for their heads. To sput's point, because they are not responsible for what he may or may not have done but also, because persecuting other people for his alleged crime is not justice either.

It's all so fucked up. And i'm with sput on celebs saying, no I won't apologize. In fact, I enjoy it so much lately, when it rarely happens, that even people I don't like are getting cyber high fives from me. This digital mob mentality infuriates me.
    ADel, Nevan, czb and 5 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Silver Member

One might argue that neither Bill Cosby nor Harvey Weinstein have been convicted in a court of law, yet we are calling for their heads and they will never work in their field again. Are they innocent until proven guilty? Why is the molested child of a celebrity less believable or whose story is of less merit than a wanna be actress? Go back and read the VF article on Woody v the family. There was all kinds of creepy shit going on. When the tiny Dylan would come to Woody's apartment, she had to immediately take off her clothes and have a cuddle naked in the bed with Woody in his tidy white undies. That's not normal.
    Timetoout likes this.

Alec Baldwin apologists will continue to flock around him even though he has a long history of a violent temper where he loses his cool and then laughs it off later as no big deal. His groupies find that kind of guy a sexy rebel, meanwhile they hypocritically call themselves feminists. It's only wrong when people we don't think are hot or genius do it. It's gross but that's what Hollywood is like.

I do think people should say they're sorry to have worked with him, even if they're not really because the movie was a huge boost to their careers. Yes it's fucking hypocritical but it's important anyway to take that stand, and to say that in the future you won't be working with scumbags like that again.

Because that's the thing, despite every horrible thing those men did, they were still able to continue because people still worked with them, there was no consequence at all for their actions, so of course they felt all powerful and continued abusing their power.
    (thats why I love Gal Gadot for saying she won't film WW2 as long as Bret Rattner is attached to the project)
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

fgg

Woody Allen Responds to Dylan Farrow Interview as She Claims 'He's Been Lying for So Long'

Woody Allen is responding to Dylan Farrow‘s first television interview, denying claims he molested his adopted daughter when she was 7 years old.

In her interview about the allegations with CBS This Morning‘s Gayle King, Farrow recounted what she claims happened while her adoptive mother Mia Farrow was out shopping for the day.

“I was taken to a small attic crawl space in my mother’s country house in Connecticut by my father. He instructed me to lay down on my stomach and play with my brother’s toy train that was set up,” Dylan said on Thursday’s show. “And he sat behind me in the doorway, and as I played with the toy train, I was sexually assaulted… As a 7-year-old I would say, I would have said he touched my private parts.”

She added, “As a 32-year-old, he touched my labia and my vulva with his finger.”

Dylan said she told her mother about what allegedly happened, noting that she felt she had “done something wrong” by the actress’ upset reaction.

Although she was taken to a doctor, Dylan said the abuse didn’t end there. She claimed Allen would touch her, cuddle her and even ask her to get in bed with him when they were wearing just underwear.

King then played a video of Allen’s interview with 60 Minutes where the director denied the allegations and suggested his ex Mia coached Dylan in an effort to harm him during their “very bitter acrimonious custody fight.”

“He’s lying and he’s been lying for so long,” Dylan said after watching the video in tears. “And it is difficult for me to see him and to hear his voice. I’m sorry.”

In 2014, Farrow – who is one of the star’s three children with ex Mia Farrow — publicly claimed that Allen molested her as a child. Allen has long denied the allegations, which first surfaced during his explosive 1992 split from Mia. The director was not charged, though a Connecticut prosecutor said there was probable cause for a criminal case.

His son Ronan Farrow also penned an explosive column for the Hollywood Reporter, which addressed the sexual abuse claims and condemned the media for not asking Allen about the allegations and stars for working with him. In response, Allen told The Guardian, “I have no interest in all of that. I find that all tabloid stupidity.”

Mia was awarded full custody of adopted children Dylan, Moses and biological son Satchel (who later changed his name to Ronan). A judge also barred Allen from any visitation with Dylan in the custody case, which had exploded after Allen’s affair with Farrow’s adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn, then about 20, was revealed. Allen and Previn have now been married for more than 20 years.

Following Dylan’s TV interview, Allen again denied the alleged sexual abuse.

“When this claim was first made more than 25 years ago, it was thoroughly investigated by both the Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of the Yale-New Haven Hospital and New York State Child Welfare. They both did so for many months and independently concluded that no molestation had ever taken place,” the director said in a statement. “Instead, they found it likely a vulnerable child had been coached to tell the story by her angry mother during a contentious breakup.”

“Dylan’s older brother Moses has said that he witnessed their mother doing exactly that – relentlessly coaching Dylan, trying to drum into her that her father was a dangerous sexual predator. It seems to have worked – and, sadly, I’m sure Dylan truly believes what she says,” he continued. “But even though the Farrow family is cynically using the opportunity afforded by the Time’s Up movement to repeat this discredited allegation, that doesn’t make it any more true today than it was in the past. I never molested my daughter – as all investigations concluded a quarter of a century ago.”

The controversy surrounding the director is making headlines again after the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment accusations rocked Hollywood. A slew of celebrities have since come out and expressed regret for working with the Annie Hall director.

On Monday, actor Timothée Chalamet pledged to donate his entire salary for his upcoming film directed by Allen, A Rainy Day in New York, to the Time’s Up movement.

The Call Me By Your Name actor, 22, stars in the comedy alongside Jude Law, Elle Fanning and Selena Gomez.

In recent weeks, Greta Gerwig, Rebecca Hall and Mira Sorvino have also denounced the director.

Dylan said she was not angry with actors who have chosen to work with her father but wants them to “acknowledge their complicity.”

She said, “I hope that, you know, especially since so many of them have been vocal advocates of this Me Too and Time’s Up movement that, um, they can acknowledge their complicity and maybe hold themselves accountable to how they have perpetuated this culture of – of silence in their industry.”

Woody Allen Denies Molestation of Dylan Farrow | PEOPLE.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Reading his statement, I was wondering where he would get to the point where he said he didn't do it instead of just saying, "people looked into it and I wasn't charged." That's a big difference to me. I thought he wasn't going to deny it it at all, simply say he wasn't found 'guilty'.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread Information