Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

And the guy who is hoping to sell some his photo work in his Dad's barbershop

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Or a metal coat hanger.
    No more wire hangers!!

Oops, I got my dysfunctional families wrong
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

Deep down they are all pretty much the same. Just different instruments of pain.
    Mel1973, stef and lindsaywhit like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Deep down they are all pretty much the same. Just different instruments of pain.
    Like "Match Point"?

OPEN LETTER FROM EFFIE
    just fuck off ,selfish idiots fucking up innocent and vulnerable children,the fucking PAIR of you!
    With due respect.
    sluce, Kittylady, Mel1973 and 3 others like this.

From MrsD: Neither of these two...no, make that three (so Soon Yi is included) are allowed to adopt any more kids. Nanny cams must be put in Woody's homes until these girls are 18. And any visits said three (Woody, Soon Yi or Mia...and by extension, anyone in a romantic relationship with any of these three) have with any grandchildren under 18 must be supervised.
    Kittylady and whitetigeress like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

mjw
    Elite Member

Wallace Shawn says Woody Allen sex abuse allegations as shocking as if FDR was accussed

Wallace Shawn has become the latest public figure to defend Woody Allen amid the scandal surrounding his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow's renewed accusations that he molested her.

Shawn, who's arguably best known for his performance in The Princess Bride, has worked with Allen several times -- including in Manhattan, Radio Days and Melinda and Melinda -- and came to the director's defense in an op-ed published in Sunday's Los Angeles Times.

Although Shawn says he doesn't consider Allen a friend, he claims he's worked with him enough that he can no longer view him as an abstract figure that one would gossip about.

"In fact, like so many of those who have worked with him repeatedly over the decades, I've found him to be not merely thoughtful, serious and honest, but extraordinary and even inspiring in his thoughtfulness, seriousness and honesty. Of the people I've known, he's one of those I've respected most," Shawn writes, adding that those attributes make it hard for him to believe that Allen molested Dylan.

"And for that reason, I personally would have to say that it would take overwhelming evidence to convince me that he had sexually abused a child, just as it would take overwhelming evidence to convince me that Desmond Tutu, Franklin D. Roosevelt or Doris Lessing had sexually abused a child," Shawn writes.

Shawn writes in the L.A. Times that he's learned that just because people engage in atypical sexual behavior, like an older man falling in love with a very young woman and upending his life and that of his family, as seemed to be the case when Allen began having an affair with Mia's adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn, that doesn't mean they're capable of anything, including molesting children.

He's also surprised that people are so quick to declare Allen guilty of a crime that, if it did occur, happened in a private place, making it difficult to determine the truth from the outside.

Shawn, however, does hedge his defense of Allen by noting that "we don't have overwhelming evidence about what happened or didn't happen on the day in question." And, Shawn writes, "Obviously if he did not in fact commit the crime, this is an appalling situation."

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - Wallace Shawn says Woody Allen sex abuse allegations as shocking as if FDR was accussed

Though the statute of limitations may have run out, there are no limits when it comes to the court of public opinion.
    No criminal charges can be brought against Woody Allen in the wake of Dylan Farrow's allegations that he sexually abused her in 1992, but that's not stopping anyone from expressing their thoughts on the incident. Page Six reports that while attending a matinee of the Broadway show “After Midnight,” with his wife Soon-Yi Previn and their two daughters, Allen was "heckled" by an audience member who yelled, "I think he did it!” in reference to the allegations.
    Witnesses told Page Six that Previn shot the heckler a "dirty look," while Allen seemed "unfazed."
    Allen's adopted daughter Dylan wrote an open letter in the New York Times on Feb. 1, revisiting allegations that the director molested her when she was seven years old. Allen denied the accusations in his own piece in the Times the following week, writing that it would be his "final word on this entire matter." Dylan responded to Allen's op-ed with an essay in The Hollywood Reporter, calling his version of the events "outright lies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0..._ref=celebrity

Truly, he has a dizzying intellect.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

If I was Desmond Tutu I think I'd be a bit peeved to have my name dragged into an article on Woody Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    If I was Desmond Tutu I think I'd be a bit peeved to have my name dragged into an article on Woody Allen.
    A soiled Tutu?

So because he is nice to you, a similarly aged actor, he can't possibly be a pedophile? Of course not. Pedophiles are guys who live in the gutter and lure kids to their car with candy.

Oh, well this settles it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

This story is so troubling I don't like it. Family secrets will be buried with them.

He's also surprised that people are so quick to declare Allen guilty of a crime that, if it did occur, happened in a private place, making it difficult to determine the truth from the outside.
    Most molestation happens in private places. Not sure why this is such a surprise to him.

"Obviously if he did not in fact commit the crime, this is an appalling situation."
    More appalling if he did.

I can appreciate friends of Allen stepping forward and saying, hey, I know this guy and I don't believe it. That seems fair. But this guy was more or less a temporary co-worker. He's still entitled to his opinions, of course, but it doesn't hold much water imo.

Wallace is just a bitter old asshole since someone stole his chin.
    mostroop and firebrat1229 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information