Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Maybe some things changed because she thought the doctor was a fucking moron who asked her the same questions 9 times and she thought she was telling him wrong and so changed things so he might stop repeating himself and making her repeat herself.
    Since the doc was the head of the investigation, he was presumably an experienced professional who questioned her according to whatever guidelines are used to determine abuse.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Head of the investigation? Because I assume Dr Levanthal is the doctor Dylan referred to in the open letter - the doctor working on Allen's legal team to gaslight her. "Did daddy really do that to you? Really? Repeat it to me again. And again. And again. What did daddy REALLY do, Dylan?" professionals make you question yourself enough that suddenly you're not sure if the sky really is blue.

In short - I believe Dylan. Everything she said is credible to me. The "cuddling" under the sheets; feeling "something" is wrong but not being sure; hiding in the wardrobes. I believe Dylan, unequivocally.
    Last edited by Kat Scorp; February 2nd, 2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: regrettable over-share

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    In short - I believe Dylan. Everything she said is credible to me. The "cuddling" under the sheets; feeling "something" is wrong but not being sure; hiding in the wardrobes. I believe Dylan, unequivocally.
    Me too. It would take a really wicked person (not a confused child) to continue to slander a man's character repeatedly over the years if she were lying. I think everything she says is the truth (except, like Sluce, I think she is too supportive of her mother given the circumstances.

When both if your parents fail you so hugely, it can be easier to lean (or attach) more to the less-abusive parent, than it is to escape both parents.

I don't know if he was on WA's legal team. But if he was and trying to discredit the child, why didn't her mother bring in an expert of her own? And, like NoNoRehab pointed out, why did Mia fail to report WA, and continue her relationship with him? The whole situation is just screwed up and the child was the victim, regardless of what really did or didn't happened.
    Marmar2 likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

John Levanthal was not a member of Allen's legal team. He was a member of the team of experts from the Yale - New Haven Hospital, asked by a CT state attorney and the CT state police to investigate.

The US justice may not be perfect, but we don't allow the people being investigated to hire the team investigating them. They can hire a team to defend them, but the state investigation is not conducted by people hired by the suspect.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I applaud her too but am struck by her defending Mia which is normal in abuse victims.
    I'm cosigning this.

What she wrote is powerful. She said enough to paint a picture but wasn't graphic enough to prevent people from reading. Calling people out by name is brilliant.

It's great they all love their mother. If she isn't stupid or completely crazy, I'll give her a pass. Otherwise, her inability to protect so many of her chilfren from this monster is disturbing.
    southernbelle and sluce like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If I ever had a single doubt about WA (I didn't) it would have evaporated the moment I saw the truly disturbing picture of him with his arms around the girls he adopted with Soon Yi. Their body language and facial expressions were enough to turn my stomach.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Gold Member

I think it's very telling that in every photo where Woody is holding her, Dylan looks uncomfortable.

Annie B likes this.

Ugh. Creepy asshole. I have always hated this guy. Even as a kid I thought he was weird. Poor Dylan.
    Wilson likes this.

I don't know how I missed this! Eh, I'm still sick with this nasty month-long cold, I'll let that be my excuse. Anyway, bumped the "Woody's A Creep" thread with this news, but it deserves its own thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    If I ever had a single doubt about WA (I didn't) it would have evaporated the moment I saw the truly disturbing picture of him with his arms around the girls he adopted with Soon Yi. Their body language and facial expressions were enough to turn my stomach.
    I've been unable to get those pictures out of my memory.

When both if your parents fail you so hugely, it can be easier to lean (or attach) more to the less-abusive parent, than it is to escape both parents.
    I've seen this several times. One friend even leaned more to her (faux-kindly) molester because her mother is such an astonishingly sick, manipulative, cruel sociopath. She will always struggle with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Me too. It would take a really wicked person (not a confused child) to continue to slander a man's character repeatedly over the years if she were lying. I think everything she says is the truth (except, like Sluce, I think she is too supportive of her mother given the circumstances.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Good for her. Woody is a paedophile. I don't care how good his damn films are, I find it sick that these assholes in Hollywood get protected and get away with crap like this.
    I love that Dylan called out celebs by name. Especially: fuck you, Cate Blanchett. I was surprised and disappointed in her for working with Allen.
    Wilson likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Poor Dylan. It has taken great courage to come out like this especially about a world famous director. I hope she is healing and others can be inspired by her story.

I hope all offenders take note: did you forget little girls grow up? Do you think they would actually forget? Perverted creep.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I don't know the timeline but she did say in her piece that she was accused of making it up due to the divorce so I'm not sure why the mother wasn't protecting her unless you mean because of the visitation, after the divorce?
    and sometimes it takes going through a lot of therapy + that parents death to attach the blame to them.
    Sorry you went through all of that Kat.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

The two he adopted with his daughter/wife....

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information