Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Am I the only one jaded enough to consider that the fact that the Yale investigative team investigating a case involving Woody-fucking-Allen and not some broke nobody might have had something to do with their (non)findings?

More thoughts:

The fact that he fucked a 19 year old daughter of a woman he had a decade long relationship and shared children with isn't bad enough? This would be creepy-as-fuck inappropriate even if he'd never met Soon Yi until she was 19. But he knew her as a little girl. He watched her grow up, even if he didn't 'raise' her. If that's not enough, he could have broken it off with Mia first. But the fact that he continued on with Mia? (I wonder when/if he was planning on telling her if she'd not found out?) You know what... That's enough for me.

Now I realize (before I get called stupid too) that fucking a 19yo doesn't mean that he fucked/touched a 7 year old. But someone who sees no problem with any of the above mentioned behavior I am gonna find more suspect. We know he likes them young. We know his boundaries are questionable at best. Is it really that much of a stretch to believe that he could find someone younger than a teenager sexually attractive? Hell, he watched his current wife grow up. When do you think he started being attracted to Soon Yi? Do you think he refused to let himself think such thoughts because she was underage and it was inappropriate? I don't. He might not have fucked her until she was of age. I hope not. This relationship was/is inappropriate enough even if that didn't happen.

If he'd fucked and married some random 19 year old (or 21, whatever...maybe it's me but it seems like the bitch gets older every time this saga gets rehashed), not someone he knew as a little girl and watched grow up maybe it would be easier not to find him suspect. Then I'd be 100% with you on this rant. Of course it's not the same. But given all the variables involved here, I could see it happening. I even think it's possible he started carrying on romantically with Soon Yi at an age way before it would have been appropriate even if she were not the daughter of his gf/longtermlover/babymama and behind her back to boot.

More than anything else though, what really makes me think he's guilty is reading accounts of his behavior with this particular child. He gave other kids the cold shoulder and was obsessed with this one. All kinds of inappropriate behavior recounted by others even before Mia was willing to admit it. The 'unspoken rule' about not letting Woody be alone with this kid. The fact that he went out of his way to have alone time with this kid. Just plain creepy behavior is what puts it over the edge for me. Way too much bullshit to discount as some vengeful ex.

I know I'm not factoring Mia into this at all. I do have my own thoughts about her. I will say that she did not handle this the way she should have. I think she should have protected her daughter first and foremost and not some stupid, fucked up relationship she thought she still had with this pedo. The first time this fuck got inappropriate with that kid should have been the last time she had shit to do with him. She's fucked up too. And Dylan would probably be less fucked up if she'd had a mother who acted appropriately and put a boot in this fucker's ass from day 1 of his weirdness like any one of a dozen of us women posting here would have. I feel worse for her that she had this loopy twat for a mom. But this doesn't put a dent in me thinking he's guilty. Just that Mia made the situation worse because Mia's first priority was Mia.

As to why the daughter is finally speaking.... Who knows? But I know I feel for her having to see this guy's face everywhere. And because he's got a hit out right now there's less avoiding seeing him. Maybe Dylan saw pics of him with his current daughters. I know that would be enough for me to speak up. I'd be wracked with guilt to later find out he was messing with one of them. I can't look at a pic of him with that little asian girl without thinking of pics of him with Mia and the brood when Soon Yi was one of the kids.

Okay. Flame (or applaud) away. I can take it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

look, if it were a slippery slope from fucking (or wanting to fuck) a 19 year-old to fucking (or wanting to fuck) a 7 year-old, 90% of men would be paedophiles or almost there, with or without the fucked up family dynamics of the soon-yi and woody allen relationship. using allen's relationship with soon-yi to 'prove' he's guilty of abusing dylan is ridiculous.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ask the guy nearest to you right now if he'd fuck a 19 year old. Did he say yes? Of course he did.
    sputnik and *DIVA! like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well, I wouldn't. So, 100% of the straight males on this BB wouldn't eff an 19-year-old. And no I don't have a chart for that because it would look like a solid circle. No point in diagramming that.

[QUOTE=MrsDark;3151659]Am I the only one jaded enough to consider that the fact that the Yale investigative team investigating a case involving Woody-fucking-Allen and not some broke nobody might have had something to do with their (non)findings?

More thoughts:

The fact that he fucked a 19 year old daughter of a woman he had a decade long relationship and shared children with isn't bad enough? This would be creepy-as-fuck inappropriate even if he'd never met Soon Yi until she was 19. But he knew her as a little girl. He watched her grow up, even if he didn't 'raise' her. If that's not enough, he could have broken it off with Mia first. But the fact that he continued on with Mia? (I wonder when/if he was planning on telling her if she'd not found out?) You know what... That's enough for me.

Now I realize (before I get called stupid too) that fucking a 19yo doesn't mean that he fucked/touched a 7 year old. But someone who sees no problem with any of the above mentioned behavior I am gonna find more suspect. We know he likes them young. We know his boundaries are questionable at best. Is it really that much of a stretch to believe that he could find someone younger than a teenager sexually attractive? Hell, he watched his current wife grow up. When do you think he started being attracted to Soon Yi? Do you think he refused to let himself think such thoughts because she was underage and it was inappropriate? I don't. He might not have fucked her until she was of age. I hope not. This relationship was/is inappropriate enough even if that didn't happen.

If he'd fucked and married some random 19 year old (or 21, whatever...maybe it's me but it seems like the bitch gets older every time this saga gets rehashed), not someone he knew as a little girl and watched grow up maybe it would be easier not to find him suspect. Then I'd be 100% with you on this rant. Of course it's not the same. But given all the variables involved here, I could see it happening. I even think it's possible he started carrying on romantically with Soon Yi at an age way before it would have been appropriate even if she were not the daughter of his gf/longtermlover/babymama and behind her back to boot.

More than anything else though, what really makes me think he's guilty is reading accounts of his behavior with this particular child. He gave other kids the cold shoulder and was obsessed with this one. All kinds of inappropriate behavior recounted by others even before Mia was willing to admit it. The 'unspoken rule' about not letting Woody be alone with this kid. The fact that he went out of his way to have alone time with this kid. Just plain creepy behavior is what puts it over the edge for me. Way too much bullshit to discount as some vengeful ex.

I know I'm not factoring Mia into this at all. I do have my own thoughts about her. I will say that she did not handle this the way she should have. I think she should have protected her daughter first and foremost and not some stupid, fucked up relationship she thought she still had with this pedo. The first time this fuck got inappropriate with that kid should have been the last time she had shit to do with him. She's fucked up too. And Dylan would probably be less fucked up if she'd had a mother who acted appropriately and put a boot in this fucker's ass from day 1 of his weirdness like any one of a dozen of us women posting here would have. I feel worse for her that she had this loopy twat for a mom. But this doesn't put a dent in me thinking he's guilty. Just that Mia made the situation worse because Mia's first priority was Mia.

As to why the daughter is finally speaking.... Who knows? But I know I feel for her having to see this guy's face everywhere. And because he's got a hit out right now there's less avoiding seeing him. Maybe Dylan saw pics of him with his current daughters. I know that would be enough for me to speak up. I'd be wracked with guilt to later find out he was messing with one of them. I can't look at a pic of him with that little asian girl without thinking of pics of him with Mia and the brood when Soon Yi was one of the kids.

Okay. Flame (or applaud) away. I can take it.[/QUOTE

Applause......

i should have said, 90% would be paedophiles or almost there, and 10% would be liars.
    witchcurlgirl and effie2 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Or neuters.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Ask the guy next to you if he would fuck the 19 year old he's known and spent time around since her childhood, who is also the daughter of the woman he has been/currently is in a decade-long relationship and has kids with, I'm guessing you'd get less yes responses.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^^
    but even if he did, how does that then translate into being into 7 year-olds? breaking one taboo doesn't mean you're then suddenly going to develop an appetite for little children. i just don't see how people make that connection. the irrationality of the argument is quite simply mind-boggling.

it's like saying, oh, he robbed 20 dollars from his mother's purse, i bet he's going to turn into a serial killer next.
    witchcurlgirl, CL** and *DIVA! like this.

So when do you think he started noticing Soon Yi? He certainly had ample opportunity to notice her when way too young for even the most permissive of the lot here.

Hell, forget Soon Yi. Just reading about his behavior with the kid in question here made it a no-brainer for me.

I don't think he is into 7 yr olds per se. But I do think he was into Dylan.

That other daughter reminds me of Dylan when she was younger just like the asian one reminds me of a younger Soon Yi. When I saw pics of him and Soon Yi with daughters (even when they were still little) I cringed and WTFF!?'d.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    look, if it were a slippery slope from fucking (or wanting to fuck) a 19 year-old to fucking (or wanting to fuck) a 7 year-old, 90% of men would be paedophiles or almost there, with or without the fucked up family dynamics of the soon-yi and woody allen relationship. using allen's relationship with soon-yi to 'prove' he's guilty of abusing dylan is ridiculous.
    I agree with this, but I consider the possible molestation of Dylan separate from his affair with Soon-Yi. I also find the body language in the pic with his two other daughters so unnerving. He is pulling them tightly into him, and both of them have their inner arms pulled close to themselves. Usually you would find that arm around the waist/back of the person. They look like they want nothing to do with him and the non-Asian one looks really uncomfortable. I think maybe Dylan is reaching out to them, who knows?

The adopted girls look definitely like Soon Yi and Dylan. It's so damn creepy.

Amazing that they were able to predict that they would look just like Soon Yi and Dylan from infancy. Actually Bechet and Soon Yi don't look anything alike, except they're both Asian.

Speaking of the Yale Team investigation, here is an excerpt from an article that covered the assigned prosecutor - Frank Maco (source: Mia Farrow's Vanity Fair Interview References 1997 Connecticut Magazine Article - Connecticut Today - September 2013. (Commentary on the irregularities of the Yale investigation is by Dr. Diane Schetky. I don't see anything indicating that she worked on behalf of Farrow.)
    Woody Allen proclaimed his innocence on the steps of Yale University in March 1993. A panel of experts from Yale, headed by pediatrician Dr. John Leventhal, concluded that no abuse had taken place.
    That conclusion itself was an anomaly. The standard practice in the field is to state whether the subject’s behavior is consistent with having suffered sexual abuse.
    “Concluding guilt or innocence is not the role of a mental health team—that’s for the court,” says Dr. Diane Schetky, an associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Vermont, co-author of the widely used textbook Child Sexual Abuse and co-editor of Clinical Handbook of Child Psychiatry and the Law.
    Maco had commissioned the Yale study with instructions to determine whether Dylan was a viable witness who could stand up in court. He said that enlisting Yale’s assistance was the biggest mistake he made in the case.
    “Regardless of what the Connecticut police wanted from us,” Leventhal said in an April 1993 deposition, “we weren’t necessarily beholden to them. We did not assess whether she’d be a good witness in court. That’s what Mr. Maco may have been interested in, but that’s not necessarily what we were interested in.”
    Yale, Maco says, “took the case and ran away with it. I gave their report very little weight.”
    An examination of the Yale report and court documents shows:
    • The Yale team used psychologists on Allen’s payroll to make mental health conclusions. “That seems like a blatant conflict of interest; they should have excluded themselves,” Schetky says.
    • Custody recommendations were made even though the team never saw Allen and any of the children together. “I’d sure want that information,” Schetky says.
    • The team refused to interview witnesses who could have corroborated the molestation claims.
    • The team destroyed its notes. “I don’t know why they would,” Schetky says. “They shouldn’t have anything to hide, unless they’re in disagreement.”
    • Leventhal, the only medical doctor on the team, did not interview Dylan. “How can you write about someone you’ve never seen?” Schetky asks.
    • The night before Leventhal gave a statement to Farrow’s attorney, he discussed the scenario with Abramowitz, the head of Allen’s legal team, for about 30 minutes.
    • The team interviewed Dylan nine times. For three consecutive weeks, she said violated her sexually. In several of the other sessions, she mentioned a similar type of abuse. When Dylan did not repeat the precise allegation in some of the sessions, the team reported this as an inconsistency.

The nine interviews were “excessive,” Schetky says. “The danger is the child feels like she’s not believed if she’s asked the same question over and over.”

There's a bunch of other stuff in there related to the specific charges, initial interviews with Allen. The NY caseworker who tried to bring the findings to family court (and what happened to him).

mjw
    Elite Member

Woody Allen's lawyers and friends are quick to argue that the latest round of child abuse accusations against the actor are perfectly timed to destroy what should have been a fruitful awards season. But the real truth is that these allegations, these stories, and Allen's history with young women have been a matter of public record for at least 20 years.

Joe Coscarelli at The Daily Intelligencer undertook the unenviable task of rounding up a history of allegations against the actor as well as his inappropriate behavior with—and references to—young women. Here is a sampling of what he found.

From Jim Jerome's profile of Woody Allen in the October 4, 1976 People Magazine issue:

"I try to have sex only with women I like a lot," Woody explains solemnly. "Otherwise I find it fairly mechanical." (He has little interest in family life: "It's no accomplishment to have or raise kids. Any fool can do it.")

He goes on: "I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with 15 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him." Allen pauses. "Nothing I could come up with would surprise anyone," he ventures helplessly. "I admit to it all."

From the introduction to Maureen Orth's 1992 Vanity Fair article "Mia's Story":

There was an unwritten rule in Mia Farrow's house that Woody Allen was never supposed to be left alone with their seven-year-old adopted daughter, Dylan.
    From the September 21, 1992 New York Magazine article "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Woody and Mia (But Were Afraid to Ask)," acquaintances discuss Allen's behavior toward his daughter:

From the start, Farrow's friends say, Allen seemed "obsessed" by the little girl. He would arrive at Mia's house at six in the morning and sit on the end of Dylan's bed, staring at her until she woke up. He insisted that she be kept up until he got home in the evening to tuck her in. He was reluctant to leave her alone at school. His behavior struck several parents of other children as odd.

From the May 1993 Sun-Sentinel article "Woody Allen, My Pen Pal," writer Nancy Jo Sales discusses her private correspondence with Allen, then 42, when she was a 13-year-old girl. She begins, "The year I was 13, my only friend was a famous man who lived far away and wrote me letters in plain brown envelopes that I told my mother were from "a girl from camp." He wrote:

Dear Nancy,

Hard to believe you're 13! When I was 13 I couldn't dress myself, and here you write about one of life's deepest philosophical problems, i.e., existential boredom. I guess it's hard for me to imagine a 13-year-old quoting anything but Batman — but T. Mann? Anyway, there's too much wrong with the world to ever get too relaxed and happy. The more natural state, and the better one, I think, is one of some anxiety and tension over man`s plight in this mysterious universe ...

Next time you write, if you ever do, please list some of the books you've enjoyed and movies, and which music you've liked, and also the things you dislike and have no patience with. And tell me what kind of place Coral Gables is. What school do you go to? What hobbies do you have? How old are your parents and what do they do? What are your moods like? Are you energetic? Are you an early riser? Are you "into clothes" ... At the moment, I am re- filming some parts of my next film, which have not come out so good.

Best, Woody.

Sales and Allen also met in person when she was young:

I met Woody only once. I was visiting Manhattan with two older companions on a cold, clammy day, and I had left a note at his building. To my delight he called my hotel 10 minutes later asking me to come over. But at the last minute I became panic-stricken at the thought of seeing Woody Allen in person, knowing that an epistolary relationship is fragile, like a delicate fern that crumples when touched.

My knees shaking, I finally tottered into his penthouse on a pair of too-tall Katharine Hepburn sandals. I remember how pale his skin was behind the trademark glasses, how translucent he looked, like a corpse or an angel. I couldn`t say a word, and my companions filled in the silence with aimless chatter while Woody, wearing his very same clothes from Annie Hall, sat Indian-style in an armchair, nodding politely and trying to catch my eye.

There's also this graphic molestation scene written by Allen in his 2011 play Honeymoon Hotel:

And of course there's 2013's Vanity Fair story on the family, and then there's all this creepy shit from his movies.

That being said, an older man playing pen pal to a young girl proves nothing but questionable judgment. The same can be said for a man who, after being accused of molestation, then goes on to makes jokes about the act in his work. However, as Allen defenders take the stage, they seem to be clinging to the belief that these allegations are new and purposely timed. On The View Monday, Barbara Walters argued: "But she's doing it now because he's up for an award, so the question is does your personal life interfere with the award?"

And on Today Tuesday morning, Allen's lawyer Elkin Abramowitz agreed with Walters, stating that these allegations are surfacing because "Woody Allen is now riding high" thanks to the acclaim he's receiving for his latest work Blue Jasmine.

Maybe the lawyers and friends are right; maybe this "brouhaha" is all just a renewed "ploy" timed to destroy Allen's Oscar chances. However, there's also the chance—a very good chance—that because Dylan Farrow has finally shared her own version of the events, a version that seems to correspond to an already-existing record, that people are now just more willing to listen.

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - ​The Internet Digs Up Woody Allen's Creepy Child-Loving Past

Thread Information