Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

^ Yes, I knew NY did investigate but when you read pieces like Orth's they often make it seem that NY found that there was some possible abuse. That's the problem with most of the current stories, they show bias to one side of the other.
    sluce, kcoh and Marmar2 like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^ that was in reply to sluc. sorry. i cannot edit and it's driving me crazy

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

There's no right answer though Mel. That is a horrible story. That girl ruined the lives of those people. It isn't fair. It's really really horrible.

But what about those children who are raped? Children who tell people and those people don't believe them because of stories like yours. Whose side should we really take? Is there a lesser of two evils? I think believing the child is the lesser of two evils. What about adults who have waited twenty years to come to terms with their abuse, who gather the courage to denounce their abuser only to hear ''well, she's lying, obviously''.

It's just, the lesser of two evils, does that exist here? But there is no right answer. Honestly, I don't know what to say, I don't have the answer. I just have a lot of sympathy for victims who can't speak out because they're scared of being called a liar, like they don't already have enough to deal with.

At the end of the day I believe Dylan, even if it turns out not to be true, in this case, I think it does more good believing her.

By your account.. Everyone should have the same opinions/feelings when it comes to a woman saying she was raped or molested??!!
    so no one nowhere lies, Ever!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Diva - I don't where she, or anyone else is saying that at all. This is clearly a subject of importance to you.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    argh, i cannot edit. but here's a working link :New York state child welfare investigators have dropped their inquiry into the charge that Woody Allen sexually molested his 7-year-old daughter, saying they consider the accusation unfounded. The state Department of Social Services informed Allen in a letter dated Oct. 7 that it had closed the 14-month-old investigation, The New York Times reported today. Child Welfare Investigators Drop Woody Allen Inquiry - Orlando Sentinel
    Check this out - I had never heard about it until today: Source: Former Connecticut prosecutor: Kidnapping charges still possible for Woody Allen
    The allegations against Allen are more than 20 years old. They resurfaced over the weekend when Dylan Farrow who had been adopted by Allen and Mia Farrow detailed the sexual assault accusations in an open letter to The New York Times.
    The Connecticut State Police Major Crime Squad and forensic expert Henry Lee investigated the case. During the probe, Allen hired teams of private detectives to investigate law enforcement officials, the Farrow children and the Yale Child Study team. Then-prosecutor Maco determined there was probable cause to arrest Allen, but declined to pursue the case for fear of damaging the already fragile 7-year-old.Connecticut Magazine examined the case in 1997. Vanity Fair followed up in November 2013.

And this (I used the first part of the article - the rest is at the link):

Yale Study About Allen Flawed, Expert Testifies - NYTimes.com

Yale Study About Allen Flawed, Expert Testifies

By PETER MARKS

Published: April 28, 1993
    A child psychiatrist testified yesterday that experts at Yale-New Haven Hospital had mishandled interviews and used faulty methodology to conclude that Woody Allen had not molested his 7-year-old daughter, Dylan.

Testifying at the custody trial of Mr. Allen and Mia Farrow, the psychiatrist, Dr. Stephen Herman, called the Yale report "seriously flawed." He said the investigators had developed questionable interpretations of many of Dylan's statements to them, inappropriately destroyed original notes of the meetings and leaped to unsubstantiated conclusions about people whom they had not even interviewed.
    In fact, Dr. Herman testified, the report's findings were so unreliable that he could have used the data to arrive at a totally opposite conclusion. "It's just as easy to conclude from this report that Dylan was abused," he said in his testimony in State Supreme Court in Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by yowzers View Post
    There's no right answer though Mel. That is a horrible story. That girl ruined the lives of those people. It isn't fair. It's really really horrible.

But what about those children who are raped? Children who tell people and those people don't believe them because of stories like yours. Whose side should we really take? Is there a lesser of two evils? I think believing the child is the lesser of two evils. What about adults who have waited twenty years to come to terms with their abuse, who gather the courage to denounce their abuser only to hear ''well, she's lying, obviously''.

It's just, the lesser of two evils, does that exist here? But there is no right answer. Honestly, I don't know what to say, I don't have the answer. I just have a lot of sympathy for victims who can't speak out because they're scared of being called a liar, like they don't already have enough to deal with.

At the end of the day I believe Dylan, even if it turns out not to be true, in this case, I think it does more good believing her.
    And at the risk of coming off as trite, I will say that I believe Dylan believes this happened. Do I know for 100% certainty one way or the other? Hell no, I don't. One way or the other, Dylan was failed. Probably in MANY ways. It's sad, for certain but when you have people who seem hell bent on destroying each other, I guess the kids become the collateral damage. I can not, could NOT, WOULD NOT say that Dylan is lying. I don't know that. This is another thread that ALL of us will NEVER agree on.
    For various reasons, this story strikes chords:
    for some, because we were molested as children.
    for some, because they believe 100% in innocent until proven guilty
    for some, we know people who were molested as children and Dylan's story really transports you there.

I get all those things and that makes it difficult to say with 100% certainty ANYTHING about this. It's very confusing for me personally.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Well said Mel.
    effie2 likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    . One way or the other, Dylan was failed.
    This.
    witchcurlgirl and sparkles like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

At the end of the day, who you believe outside of court, is more to do with your personal experiences than the 'reality' of the case. I've never experienced people in such an unhealthy relationship that they would try to destroy each other through their own children. I know it happens though. I have experienced people who have been abused, far more people than you would consider normal, statistically speaking, so emotionally I'm always going to side with the victim.

You said it well though Mel, we will never know for certain what happened, this stuff strikes a chord with many.

That's probably the one thing everyone can agree on, Dylan was failed. 100%.

And this (I used the first part of the article - the rest is at the link): Yale Study About Allen Flawed, Expert Testifies - NYTimes.com Yale Study About Allen Flawed, Expert Testifies By PETER MARKS Published: April 28, 1993 A child psychiatrist testified yesterday that experts at Yale-New Haven Hospital had mishandled interviews and used faulty methodology to conclude that Woody Allen had not molested his 7-year-old daughter, Dylan. Testifying at the custody trial of Mr. Allen and Mia Farrow, the psychiatrist, Dr. Stephen Herman, called the Yale report "seriously flawed." He said the investigators had developed questionable interpretations of many of Dylan's statements to them, inappropriately destroyed original notes of the meetings and leaped to unsubstantiated conclusions about people whom they had not even interviewed. In fact, Dr. Herman testified, the report's findings were so unreliable that he could have used the data to arrive at a totally opposite conclusion. "It's just as easy to conclude from this report that Dylan was abused," he said in his testimony in State Supreme Court in Manhattan.
    That is interesting. Herman is one of the paid experts each side brings in to refute the other. Yale/New Haven and the NY Dept pf Social Services are ostensibly neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    WCG - Weren't there investigations in NY and CT for this case? Of course Mia's people say that NY was in Woody's pocket. The bottom line is that we will never know the truth and that this type of case further hurts victims who see what will happen if they make an accusation.

Mel - yes there are people who lie but they are few and far between. That is a different mental illness that also hurts the true victims.

Effie - no way I could believe you hurt your niece or anyone else. What reason did the former SIL give your brother for why she and kids would not return to Greece? Did he ever come to the US to visit the kids?
    No body who knows me would believe it either,matter of fact all kiddies love me..it does hurt because Alexandra is my own blood ,she has my granny,s name and my last name and i fucking still love her and miss her.Anyway,the reason The Mother gave to my brother in a beautiful letter my idiot brother STILL treasures is that she could never be happy living in here and she really wanted to live in San Antonio..simple.My brother,s partner of 19 years says that he is still totally in love with his ex and i believe her..
    Mel1973, Kittylady and McJag like this.

That sucks! Womder what she would have done if he had moved to TexASS to be with her. Would she then have had another excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    That is interesting. Herman is one of the paid experts each side brings in to refute the other. Yale/New Haven and the NY Dept pf Social Services are ostensibly neutral.
    The first article says that the Yale investigative team, and law enforcement officers in the case, were being investigated by people hired by Allen. Which seems a little strange to me. Then, when Herman wants to review the Yale team's original meeting notes, they've been destroyed.

Thread Information