Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    You don't have to have multiple victims to be a pedophile, not all pedos are the same. Look at Mary Kay letourneau. She was obsessed over one person. She doesn't have a history or pattern, but that doesn't make her any less sick.
    Mary Kay Letourneau, really?????
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I wish I could say that the "just don't say anything" mentality has changed but it hasn't. For every victim telling their story there are countless others being told to be quiet and not shame the family.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    She was evaluated, and the people that evaluated her did not seem to conclude that she was molested. They felt she had been manipulated. So, there's that. Of course, they may very well be wrong. But people on the internet reading third hand accounts may be wrong as well. In our system of justice the concept of innocent until proven guilty is as fundamental as it gets. It's not something to be lightly tossed aside, no matter how much empathy society may (or may not) feel about the accused and accuser. But if you get accused of child abuse or molestation you've now been branded among the most loathsome creatures on earth, so good luck to you you if it's not true.
    Conversely, you can get molested when you are 7 and be too young to articulate what happened and then have therapists say they don't think there is evidence. And even though you maintain that's exactly what happened, nobody wants to put you through the additional pain of going on the stand and recounting it only to have the charges dismissed. And then when you are an adult, and can actually voice what happened yourself, everyone now thinks you are deluded. It is a very, very tough situation.

I do not dismiss either party's claims lightly. I think that Allen has a moral compass that spins like a roulette wheel. He doesn't think what happened with Soon Yi was a scandal. Moreover, he thinks it's nice to have a "juicy scandal" in his life - as if the effect on the rest of his family is nothing. And he seems insensitive to the topic of sexual assault in general, considering his comments about what happened to his first wife. It does not, however, make him a rapist or molester. Just a pretty loathsome person personally.

It's a shame he didn't prosecute if he had evidence, because there would have been some sort of resolution. Now there's just the court of public opinion which doesn't hurt Woody really, and doesn't help Dylan at all.
    Mel1973, sluce, *DIVA! and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Yep - they adopted one to look like her, and one to look like him.

Well,...how courteous and diplomatic of them!
    kasippu likes this.

I've long been aware of the Yale team's conclusions, but in these past few days of reading up I've come across some contemporary to the accusation news pieces showing that the NY Department of Social Services came to the same conclusions. In Oct. 1993, the New York State Department of Social Services concluded that “no credible evidence was found” that Dylan had been “abused or maltreated.” Daily News - Google News Archive Search
    Mel1973 likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

argh, i cannot edit. but here's a working link :New York state child welfare investigators have dropped their inquiry into the charge that Woody Allen sexually molested his 7-year-old daughter, saying they consider the accusation unfounded. The state Department of Social Services informed Allen in a letter dated Oct. 7 that it had closed the 14-month-old investigation, The New York Times reported today. Child Welfare Investigators Drop Woody Allen Inquiry - Orlando Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I was molested when I was nine by my aunt's boyfriend. I didn't know quite what happened, but I had that feeling that you know something is wrong. Something just happened that was wrong and it made me feel sick. We were at my grandmother's house when it happened. I went in and told my mother I wanted to leave. I couldn't tell her why. I was in shock I guess. I knew that if I told anyone at the kitchen table what just happened to me, they all would have gone to jail for murder. On the car ride home, I finally got the courage to tell my mom what happened. She asked me and I will never forget, "Are you sure?" Which made me start to doubt what really took place. She told me it was best to forget about it and that she would make sure I was never left alone with him again. I wished someone would have told my cousins. Later, when were grown, I heard that one of my cousins has a lot of mental issues. It was due to being molested when she was younger. I have been talking to her and we both experienced the same thing except hers was way worse and the abuse happened for years. So much guilt I feel now because we never said anything. And this coming off from years of questioning myself if it really happened. I feel something did happen to Dylan and she has probably questioned herself for years. I know I finally realized that my questioning was because I didn't want it to have happened. Still makes me feel sick when I think about it.

So sorry to hear this!

Sorry, you went through that Dark. Terrible thing to have happen to any child or young person.

Ok,here is one more story,true as it gets.My older brother married a lady from Texas,they had two kids and after 9 years she decided she wanted to go back to US and live there.Kids were 7 the girl and 4 the boy.Deal was she would get a job for my brother,he will sell up his shop and their house and follow.Months later ,no job and no future for him,so she agreed to. return.He went to pick them up at the airport with flowers and shit,came back empty handed and we almost lost him because his stomach was bleeding so much.All these 20 years he had the minimum contact with his family,mostly to send money whenever he could.He lives with a woman and she remarried.None of the family had any communication with her or the kids,she didnt want it and there was nothing we could do.We never saw the kids again.
    But lately i was googling at FB and i found both kids account.I wrote to my niece and i got no answer.My eldest girl wrote to her too,and she was stunned to read what my niece believes about me.She is sure she remembers how she and her sainted mother suffered in my hands,how abusive i was to her and her brother and how much she hates everything Greek because of me.Now,some of you know me in real life and many of you *know* me from years of posting.I am totally incapable to hurt anything living,much less a kid,for fucks sake.I understand her mother needed excuses for what she did and she thought it was easy to load all blame to me..So ,we never bother with my niece again.Kid is so deeply poisoned that we have to tell the story as it is to set the record straight.To do so we have to discredit the mother..this wont do.For better or worse the mother brought them up and did a good enough job.I believe relationship between mother and kids is sacred and nothing should get between.So,yes,in a way i can relate to WA situation.If you re innocent it really hurts..
    Mel1973, sluce, *DIVA! and 3 others like this.

There are conflicting reports though WCG. The prosecutor said they had credible evidence.
    I understand. I am struck by one issue, however. The Attorney General stated that he believed there was sufficient evidence to prosecute Allen at the time, but declined to do so in order to avoid causing harm to the ostensible victim. I can't help but wonder, did Maco file charges against and prosecute any other accused child molesters and sexual predators? And, if so, how did he overcome his apprehension about inflicting added trauma on the putative victims in those cases?

I hate how people think it's more likely a mother 'implanted' a rape story into her kids brain than that the kid was actually molested. Sexual assault statistics are crazy, 1 in 6 women have been molested. Off the top of my head I know six people off my facebook who have been molested/raped. None of them ever went to trial. And that's because of the victim blaming society we live in. I think it's time we start taking these people seriously, Dylan's story has been consistent, her account is realistic she really sounds like a victim, she's an adult now so what exactly is she getting out of this by lying? If your mother is a delusional mad woman this is the age where you start to distance yourself from her not. Dylan's not doing that. I think her behavior is entirely consistent with being a real victim of sexual abuse.

Maybe if we started believing these people, society would change and my friends would have actually had a chance to take their abusers to trail.
    mostroop, Sarzy, Linne and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yowzers View Post
    I hate how people think it's more likely a mother 'implanted' a rape story into her kids brain than that the kid was actually molested. Sexual assault statistics are crazy, 1 in 6 women have been molested. Off the top of my head I know six people off my facebook who have been molested/raped. None of them ever went to trial. And that's because of the victim blaming society we live in. I think it's time we start taking these people seriously, Dylan's story has been consistent, her account is realistic she really sounds like a victim, she's an adult now so what exactly is she getting out of this by lying? If your mother is a delusional mad woman this is the age where you start to distance yourself from her not. Dylan's not doing that. I think her behavior is entirely consistent with being a real victim of sexual abuse.

Maybe if we started believing these people, society would change and my friends would have actually had a chance to take their abusers to trail.
    Arbitrarily, I have a niece (one of a very few family members I do NOT speak with or associate with - AT ALL) who has accused people of this sort of thing. More than one. More than two. One guy was military and the niece was probably around 7. Her mom worked nights and the niece would spy on the guy at night. Saw him masterbate on a blanket. Told someone he fucked her on the blanket. You know what they found on that blanket? Semen. Guess who was thrown in jail and kicked out of the fucking military? Guess who was later found "not guilty".
    A few years later, the same niece does this similar thing to her father. At that time, she was 15 and wanted her "freedom". Dad didn't let her date. So, she gets on the phone AT SCHOOL and makes up lies to her stepmom (while she and the dad were in the midst of a divorce), a teacher overhears and all hell breaks loose. That filthy little bitch failed 3 lie detector tests, it was found on the computer where she was staying searches on how to beat lie detector tests.
    So yeah, maybe we should just believe these stories... of course, it's easy to say that until this kind of thing comes a knocking on your door.
    *DIVA!, effie2, gas_chick and 1 others like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

WCG - Weren't there investigations in NY and CT for this case? Of course Mia's people say that NY was in Woody's pocket. The bottom line is that we will never know the truth and that this type of case further hurts victims who see what will happen if they make an accusation.

Mel - yes there are people who lie but they are few and far between. That is a different mental illness that also hurts the true victims.

Effie - no way I could believe you hurt your niece or anyone else. What reason did the former SIL give your brother for why she and kids would not return to Greece? Did he ever come to the US to visit the kids?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I don't think the fact that Mia is batshit crazy means that Dylan must be making it up. From what I've read, it seems like abusers tend to exploit these types of people because it's easier to access and abuse the kids. After all, mom is fucking crazy so who would believe the kid? I believe Dylan. I feel horrible for her that so many adults failed her. Including her mother.

Thread Information