Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

With regard to Amanda Fox, I have admitted earlier, that I thought she was guilty, and even argued in that direction in one of the original threads on the case. However, the more I read about it, the less I see that indicates Fox was involved in Kercher's murder. Even though I'm straight, I think that Sollecito is not guilty either. There is quite frankly a LOT of evidence against Guede in the room where the murder occurred, and none for Fox, and a microscopic bit on a bra clasp (that was lying on the crime-scene floor for six weeks) for Sollecito.

Knox is so wierd, fellow prisoners were freaked out by her. But the evidence point in the direction that she wasn't the killer. The Italian police really messed it up which is typical.
    Butterfly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    If he is a pedophile then there would be other rumors!! I don't believe she's his victim... I believe she's a victim of a scorned mom!!
    We don't know if she is his victim or not. But we DO know that pedophiles will often have just one victim, especially when it is within the family. In treatment they pride themselves on exercising control... And sadly, it is more common when it is a step or adoptive father because they convince themselves it is not taboo since it is not incest. I will also say that in every case I have personally treated, the pedophile has convinved themselves the victim wanted them to make them "feel special."

I have trouble with the timing of Mia reporting it too but then I factor in the report that it was the nanny who brought the allegations. I still believe Mia is a shitty mother who has always cared more about herself than her kids. I also see comments here about "how could authorities let Mia adopt..." Yet, not one person has asked how Woody and Soon-yi were able to adopt.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm happy to know that accusations are now definite proofs. By the way, Barack Obama molested me.
    sluce and sputnik like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Lucky bitch!
    witchcurlgirl and kasippu like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a parent accused another parent and took their children along for the ride. All it takes in these cases is the accusation and it never goes away even if the accused is innocent. My mom could tell me something that happened when I was 7 and don't think I could prove her right or wrong I wouldn't rememember more than likely.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Oh,...Woody and Soon-yi adopted their kids? I always assumed they were their bio kids.

The whole story is sad and twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    It certainly wouldn't be the first time a parent accused another parent and took their children along for the ride. All it takes in these cases is the accusation and it never goes away even if the accused is innocent. My mom could tell me something that happened when I was 7 and don't think I could prove her right or wrong I wouldn't rememember more than likely.
    Yes and no. There are certain things I do remember, silly things. Not that this is silly but the fact that the girl remembers that toy train in such a way... That is exactly the detail a seven year old would remember and an adult wouldn't really think about.
    Beantownfan and rollo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Oh,...Woody and Soon-yi adopted their kids? I always assumed they were their bio kids.

The whole story is sad and twisted.
    Yep - they adopted one to look like her, and one to look like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I don't know that I CAN discount that being a possibility. A big reason would be timing. Mia's timing regarding the timeline of when Dylan was molested, when those accusations were acted on VS when Mia found out about Woody & Soon Yi. Her actions and the implications of the timing of her actions make her seem like a scorned woman, not a loving mother trying to protect her children.
    From my understanding of what was posted earlier in this thread, Mia didn't launch the inquiry - a doctor did after Mia mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'm happy to know that accusations are now definite proofs. By the way, Barack Obama molested me.
    Quite frankly, what are the definite proofs of rape or molestation? If you use a rape kit, you can determine that sex has occurred, but a lot of rapists claim it was consensual. In many, many trials, it comes down to the word of the victim against the rapist/molester. I don't think that you are arguing that unless a rape is caught on videotape there is no rape, but it seems like people have to be exceedingly careful in dismissing direct testimony about people who say they were victims of rape/sexual assault/molestation. Particularly, when they are saying it as an adult, when they finally have a voice to articulately state what they say occurred.
    Shinola and sparkles like this.

My mother hated both her sister and sister in law for her own reasons.I grew up believing both women were evil.I *remembered*insults and episodes and shit and hated them until as a grown woman and after my mother,s death,i found out that everything i *remembered*were stories told and retold by my mother,inplanted in my brain as facts.Luckily i could tell the difference and i made up with both.Long dead now too.
    What i mean to say is it is easy for a mother to create memories for her kids...

But you are talking about years of those memories being installed. In this case, she was evaluated within days of the nanny reporting the incident. From what I have read, her story has stayed true to what she reported then. I have no doubt Mia has reinforced the memories over the years but we need to look at what was reported at the time. Repressed memories are when adults report them many years later.
    darksithbunny and sparkles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    My mother hated both her sister and sister in law for her own reasons.I grew up believing both women were evil.I *remembered*insults and episodes and shit and hated them until as a grown woman and after my mother,s death,i found out that everything i *remembered*were stories told and retold by my mother,inplanted in my brain as facts.Luckily i could tell the difference and i made up with both.Long dead now too.
    What i mean to say is it is easy for a mother to create memories for her kids...
    I get that, but wouldn't you vividly remember being groped by a guy multiple times? And wouldn't it be difficult to implant the memory in you that you had a chance to deny what was supposedly implanted in you as a memory? That is some sophisticated implantation and reverse implantation.

She was evaluated, and the people that evaluated her did not seem to conclude that she was molested. They felt she had been manipulated. So, there's that. Of course, they may very well be wrong. But people on the internet reading third hand accounts may be wrong as well. In our system of justice the concept of innocent until proven guilty is as fundamental as it gets. It's not something to be lightly tossed aside, no matter how much empathy society may (or may not) feel about the accused and accuser. But if you get accused of child abuse or molestation you've now been branded among the most loathsome creatures on earth, so good luck to you you if it's not true.
    gas_chick, *Kat*, Mel1973 and 3 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

There are conflicting reports though WCG. The prosecutor said they had credible evidence. That was also a time period when many cases were not prosecuted because "coaching" the child had become a new issue due to a few cases being made public. Our field went through hours of additional training to try and figure out what was manipulated and what was real. That is a good thing but has caused every victim to be questioned mercifully when there is a divorce involved. It makes me sad for the kids.
    sparkles and Snarker like this.

I was molested when I was nine by my aunt's boyfriend. I didn't know quite what happened, but I had that feeling that you know something is wrong. Something just happened that was wrong and it made me feel sick. We were at my grandmother's house when it happened. I went in and told my mother I wanted to leave. I couldn't tell her why. I was in shock I guess. I knew that if I told anyone at the kitchen table what just happened to me, they all would have gone to jail for murder. On the car ride home, I finally got the courage to tell my mom what happened. She asked me and I will never forget, "Are you sure?" Which made me start to doubt what really took place. She told me it was best to forget about it and that she would make sure I was never left alone with him again. I wished someone would have told my cousins. Later, when were grown, I heard that one of my cousins has a lot of mental issues. It was due to being molested when she was younger. I have been talking to her and we both experienced the same thing except hers was way worse and the abuse happened for years. So much guilt I feel now because we never said anything. And this coming off from years of questioning myself if it really happened. I feel something did happen to Dylan and she has probably questioned herself for years. I know I finally realized that my questioning was because I didn't want it to have happened. Still makes me feel sick when I think about it.
    sluce, politesse, yowzers and 6 others like this.

Thread Information