Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

Lawd, have mercy! how come I see so damn many people in THIS thread convicting a man based on how he looks, who he fucked (Soon Yi and Mia) and gut feelings but... in another thread (Foxy Knoxy) MANY of the same people are demanding proof and DNA evidence and other people's "gut feelings" are just dead WRONG. ah, hypocrites ... you do SO entertain me.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

You don't have to have multiple victims to be a pedophile, not all pedos are the same. Look at Mary Kay letourneau. She was obsessed over one person. She doesn't have a history or pattern, but that doesn't make her any less sick.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Lawd, have mercy! how come I see so damn many people in THIS thread convicting a man based on how he looks, who he fucked (Soon Yi and Mia) and gut feelings but... in another thread (Foxy Knoxy) MANY of the same people are demanding proof and DNA evidence and other people's "gut feelings" are just dead WRONG. ah, hypocrites ... you do SO entertain me.
    We aim to please!
    Here is the big difference: one has a dead victim,one has a live and talking victim.
    Butterfly likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

From now on whenever i visit here and feel like posting,i ll just quote this post by Melanie(Or whatever she is today)
    sluce and Novice like this.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    We aim to please!
    Here is the big difference: one has a dead victim,one has a live and talking victim.
    No, I'm talking about the alledged perpetrator. In BOTH cases. See, BOTH are only accused (well, one's been charged AND found guilty) and one has NOT. So, no - you don't "aim to please" and if you do, this thread has failed.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

No, I'm talking about the alledged perpetrator. In BOTH cases. See, BOTH are only accused (well, one's been charged AND found guilty) and one has NOT. So, no - you don't "aim to please" and if you do, this thread has failed.
    My life is over! I love grumpy Mel Mornings.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The reason you can't compare the Woody/Dylan situation with the Amanda/Meredith situation is because in the first situation, you have direct testimony from a victim saying that the person did it. In the second situation, you only have forensic evidence to work with - not to mention that most of that forensic evidence only indicates a particular person, and not the others who have been accused.

Going back to what Dylan said: she said she was not coerced by Mia. Moreover, Dylan says Mia said told her that if her initial claims about Woody were a lie, she could take them back and she wouldn't be in trouble. However, Dylan goes on to say that she can't take back what was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    The yellow made me laugh so hard. Can I please share this with friends who are not GR?
    Yes.
    southernbelle and Butterfly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    My life is over! I love grumpy Mel Mornings.
    i am not GRUMPY!
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The reason you can't compare the Woody/Dylan situation with the Amanda/Meredith situation is because in the first situation, you have direct testimony from a victim saying that the person did it. In the second situation, you only have forensic evidence to work with - not to mention that most of that forensic evidence only indicates a particular person, and not the others who have been accused.

Going back to what Dylan said: she said she was not coerced by Mia. Moreover, Dylan says Mia said told her that if her initial claims about Woody were a lie, she could take them back and she wouldn't be in trouble. However, Dylan goes on to say that she can't take back what was the truth.

Yes.
    and one made it into court.
    one didn't.
    one perp has been found guilty twice
    one wasn't
    so... you know, suck it.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

i am not GRUMPY!

and one made it into court.
    one didn't.
    one perp has been found guilty twice
    one wasn't
    so... you know, suck it.
    Right, it's tough for 7 year olds who get raped. They have to suck it. Twice. Once, when they're abused, and once when the legal system gets involved.

mjw
    Elite Member

Woody Allen Feels 'Overwhelming Sadness' at False Allegations, Says Attorney

Woody Allen's attorney forcefully denied
    decades-old molestation allegations against the director Tuesday, but refused to blame Dylan Farrow for making them saying she was coached as a child by her mother, Mia Farrow, to believe she had been sexually abused.

"His reaction is one of overwhelming sadness because of what has happened to Dylan," Elkan Abramowitz told NBC's Todayshow when asked how Allen, 78, reacted to his onetime adopted daughter's open letter in The New York Times claiming he abused her.

"She was a pawn in a huge fight between him and Mia Farrow years ago, and the idea that she was molested was implanted in her by her mother," Abramowitz said. "That memory is never going to go away. So the fact that she says this now, that it happened 20 years ago, is totally understandable."

Asked why a grown woman would lie Dylan is now 28, married and living in Florida under a different name Abramowitz replied: "In my view, she's not lying. I think she truly believes this happened. That's what the vice of this is. When you implant a story in a fragile 7-year-old's mind, it stays there forever. It never goes away."

Abramowitz pointed to the investigation in the early '90s by Yale-New Haven Hospital that concluded no sexual abuse had taken place. He also said the custody judge who barred Allen from any visitation with Dylan after Allen and Farrow's split was "wrong" and "favored Mia Farrow for a variety of reasons."

Asked if Allen wants to press legal charges himself, Abramowitz replied: "Woody Allen is not interested in suing anybody for defamation. He was determined not to have molested his daughter 20 years ago. The case is over. There is no case. The fact that it is being brought up now is suspect. The timing is suspect."

Pressed on that last statement, Abramowitz said of the allegations and their timing: "I think that it's a continuation of Mia Farrow's desire to hurt Woody Allen. And Woody Allen is now riding fairly high. He got the Golden Globe Award for lifetime achievement, which he totally deserved. And I believe it revived the anger that she has toward him."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20783130,00.html

Mel, this is why I love GR. You can spit your ideas no matter how conflicting they are.

I do not base how I feel on how this guy looks (+ I really enjoyed Blue Jasmine which is one of the few Allen movies I have ever liked) but I do believe this girl, it must take a lot of courage to write a letter like that and to be under so much scrutiny.
    This family must be hurt from all the praising Allen gets while he ruined a young girls life. And of course it could be Mia's evil brainwashing skills but then she also brainwashed the nanny, the grandmother, her son...

In my eyes it is also pretty freakish that he adopted a mini Soon Y and a mini Dylan. I really hope I am wrong here.

Yes.
    Thank you

Right, it's tough for 7 year olds who get raped. They have to suck it. Twice. Once, when they're abused, and once when the legal system gets involved.
    so... innocent until proven guilty ONLY applies to attractive (foxy) women? or does it apply to ALL?
    Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Mel, this is why I love GR. You can spit your ideas no matter how conflicting they are.

I do not base how I feel on how this guy looks (+ I really enjoyed Blue Jasmine which is one of the few Allen movies I have ever liked) but I do believe this girl, it must take a lot of courage to write a letter like that and to be under so much scrutiny.
    This family must be hurt from all the praising Allen gets while he ruined a young girls life. And of course it could be Mia's evil brainwashing skills but then she also brainwashed the nanny, the grandmother, her son...

In my eyes it is also pretty freakish that he adopted a mini Soon Y and a mini Dylan. I really hope I am wrong here.
    That's a reasonable doubt in my mind. As for me, I don't know if he did or didn't molest that child. BUT, I have no doubt that the child was failed (beyond a doubt) by her mother. If she was molested, the mother failed her. If she wasn't, the mother fucked the kid and failed her.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

so... innocent until proven guilty ONLY applies to attractive (foxy) women? or does it apply to ALL?
    That's a reasonable doubt in my mind. As for me, I don't know if he did or didn't molest that child. BUT, I have no doubt that the child was failed (beyond a doubt) by her mother. If she was molested, the mother failed her. If she wasn't, the mother fucked the kid and failed her.
    I agree that Mia has failed her child(ren).
    southernbelle likes this.

There a couple of things I want to say here so that I don't get misinterpreted. One is that while I don't know if Woody Allen is guilty or not, Dylan Farrow has directly discounted the idea of Mia Farrow implanting a memory in her by saying that Mia Farrow herself told her at the time she could take back the accusations. Dylan, even now, says she cannot because she says it is true. Moreover, she says it was not a one-time incident, but something that happened multiple times.

With regard to Amanda Fox, I have admitted earlier, that I thought she was guilty, and even argued in that direction in one of the original threads on the case. However, the more I read about it, the less I see that indicates Fox was involved in Kercher's murder. Even though I'm straight, I think that Sollecito is not guilty either. There is quite frankly a LOT of evidence against Guede in the room where the murder occurred, and none for Fox, and a microscopic bit on a bra clasp (that was lying on the crime-scene floor for six weeks) for Sollecito.
    Butterfly likes this.

There a couple of things I want to say here so that I don't get misinterpreted. One is that while I don't know if Woody Allen is guilty or not, Dylan Farrow has directly discounted the idea of Mia Farrow implanting a memory in her by saying that Mia Farrow herself told her at the time she could take back the accusations. Dylan, even now, says she cannot because she says it is true. Moreover, she says it was not a one-time incident, but something that happened multiple times.

With regard to Amanda Fox, I have admitted earlier, that I thought she was guilty, and even argued in that direction in one of the original threads on the case. However, the more I read about it, the less I see that indicates Fox was involved in Kercher's murder. Even though I'm straight, I think that Sollecito is not guilty either. There is quite frankly a LOT of evidence against Guede in the room where the murder occurred, and none for Fox, and a microscopic bit on a bra clasp (that was lying on the crime-scene floor for six weeks) for Sollecito.
    I don't know that I CAN discount that being a possibility. A big reason would be timing. Mia's timing regarding the timeline of when Dylan was molested, when those accusations were acted on VS when Mia found out about Woody & Soon Yi. Her actions and the implications of the timing of her actions make her seem like a scorned woman, not a loving mother trying to protect her children.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Thread Information