Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

That VF editor is ridiculous. Girl breaks silence on already well publicized allegations of abuse to help her mother help her son promote his new show? And anyone who tweets support of girl is in on a promotion conspiracy?

Whether WA is guilty or not, watching Hollywood and it's press attack EVERY DAMN PERSON who says anything negative about Allen or in the smallest support of Dylan is disturbing.
    mjw, Sarzy, MsDark and 14 others like this.

twitchy2.0 likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Silver Member

Mohanda, you rock! Thanks for the org chart.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    This was, without a doubt, one of the biggest pain-in-the butt charts I ever put together for this place:

Okay, useful info. Thanks!

Wow. In that pic at the top of this page Ronan looks so much like a young Mia that if it were possible I'd think she cloned herself (and changed the gender) without Woody even involved!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

That VF editor is ridiculous. Girl breaks silence on already well publicized allegations of abuse to help her mother help her son promote his new show? And anyone who tweets support of girl is in on a promotion conspiracy?

I read this morning in one of the papers that Dylan was hesitant to comment but was "urged by her brother and mother" to speak to Bill Kristof. (He's friends with Mia and knew them). Since Dylan is by all accounts very private, I wonder why Mia and Ronan would urge her to go to the press and not to the authorities. She could still make a criminal complaint (or a civil lawsuit). Not only would that provide Dylan with certain legal protections in regards to privacy, but it would accomplish something. They know Woody has two daughters with Soon-Yi, if they believe he's a predator I would think they would want to do something that might result in actual consequences. Odds might be slim but it beats publishing a letter on a NY Times blog, which has zero odds of doing anything except subjecting Dylan to the world's press.

The letter was published the same weekend as a new profile/interview Ronan did for The Guardian to promote his new TV show and his profile of Miley Cyrus for W magazine, so that probably makes people wonder about the timing.
    Trixie likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

The whole separation of art/talent from the person creating it is kind of an odd thing. Some people can do it, others can't. For me, on a lesser degree, I love an idiot who is always opening his mouth and saying things that a lot of people find offensive (comparing eating meat to pedophilia and other things). I'm still able to separate what he's saying from what I love about him (his music). The same thing could be said for the whole Duck Dynasty thing (obviously, I'm not a watcher due to the love of the first person I mentioned ). When he allowed his narrow-minded views on marriage equality be known, a lot of people wanted his head on a platter and his show to be cancelled. Maybe with Woody Allen, people would feel differently if he were convicted of molesting his daughter. Even if you still enjoyed his films, it would be more than awful to give the guy a tribute at the Oscars or the Golden Globes. There are some crimes that are unforgivable. Molesting your daughter would be one of them.

It's easy to believe something like this about WA because he is creepy sort of guy. I do think it's skeevy to have an affair with and then marry your wife/partners adopted daughter. Even if you didn't have a thing to do with her while she was growing up. Weird is still weird, even if it's not criminal. WA hasn't been convicted of a crime and even if we believe his daughter, he can't be punished because he's weird and creepy. That's not fair to him either. As much as I'm inclined to believe Dylan, I can't help but think this poor girl had some seriously shitty parents.
    MmeVertigina, Trixie and Marmar2 like this.

Silver Member

Source: Ontheredcarpet

"Woody Allen's biological son with Farrow, Ronan Farrow (birth name Satchel) -- who is now a 23-year-old journalist/government official --said of the relationship according to Life magazine, "He's my father married to my sister. That makes me his son and his brother-in-law. That is such a moral transgression."

But Frank Sinatra is his father, so really it's just his moms ex-boyfriend that is married to his sister.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If Mia really gave him a photo of all her kids stabbed in the heart, that's all sorts of fucked up. Dramatic much?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    If Mia really gave him a photo of all her kids stabbed in the heart, that's all sorts of fucked up. Dramatic much?
    What's with all these dramatic actresses? There should be a category for that or something!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    But Frank Sinatra is his father, so really it's just his moms ex-boyfriend that is married to his sister.
    But...when did they KNOW that.....?
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

How does Andre Previn feel about his daughter Soon-yi being with Woody?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

She's does not exist to him. I believe that's a direct quote he gave to Orth in VF.

That disturbs me, along with Mia's cutting her off as well. You believe this man is a predator, who victimized two of your children (one in previns case) and instead of having sympathy for soon yi you disown her?
    Lalasnake likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Jesus. That poor girl will stay with Woody until he dies. She has no one else.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Jesus. That poor girl will stay with Woody until he dies. She has no one else.
    She already has no one else. She has Woody.
    Kittylady likes this.

But...when did they KNOW that.....?

Mia claimed she always knew it was a possibility, she just never told anyone. You know, like the court when she and Woody were in a custody battle over Ronan, or Frank Sinatra when he was alive and might be interested in a relationship with his son, especially if his establishing paternity could've prevented his son from having contact with an alleged predator.

They still don't KNOW anything because Ronan won't take a DNA test. Mia and Ronan have just talked about it to the press over the last year.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Thread Information