Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Olympian Bode Miller Opens Up About "Brutal" Custody Battle for Son Nate, 9 Months

Bode Miller reaches deal in messy custody battle | New York Post

Bode Miller reaches deal in messy custody battle

Olympic ski champ and California resident Bode Miller hatched an 11th-hour custody agreement with his Manhattan baby mama that includes “virtual” daddy time with his 14-month-old son through Skype.

But Miller’s ex, Sara McKenna, pooh-poohed the push by Miller to include Skype chats as part of their pact.

“He’s interested for 45 seconds, then he’s off,” McKenna said of their young son, Samuel Bode Miller McKenna, outside Manhattan court Monday.

“It’s an inadequate substitute for being there — you can’t hug him or touch him,” McKenna, 28, said.

But she said Miller had insisted on the Skype clause — which was part of a last-minute deal between the pair just minutes before Miller was scheduled to give potentially embarrassing testimony about his rocky relationship with Bode Jr. and her.

McKenna said that when she has custody, she already typically sets up her iPad on a table out of the tot’s reach a few times a week so he can see and hear his father through the online messaging and video system.

The seven-page agreement gives the parents shared custody of their son through Aug. 28, with McKenna remaining the primary caretaker.

The parties are due back in court in September after a psychologist evaluates the child and his interactions with McKenna and Miller.

The two met through the high-priced matchmaking service Kelleher and dated for three months. Shortly after McKenna found out she was pregnant, Miller had met his soon-to-be wife, professional volleyball player Morgan Beck.

Miller, 36, had not even met his then-3-month-old son last spring when his lawyer tried to take the child from his mother, claiming that New York was an “inconvenient forum” for the custody trial because he lived on the opposite coast.

McKenna, a former Marine and firefighter, moved to New York City to study at Columbia University on the GI Bill.

When Family Court Justice Fiordaliza Rodriguez asked the parents if there were any conditions such as lack of sleep or working a double shift that would impair their judgment regarding the parenting plan, Miller grumbled, “I haven’t slept.”

He flew in from California on a red-eye flight in case the agreement fell through and he had to testify.

Rodriguez approved the deal, finding, “It does appear to be in the child’s best interest inasmuch as it provides for substantial time with each parent.”

The six-time Olympic medal winner had no comment for reporters as he left court.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Poor little babe. What a mess.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I believe her when she says that he loses interest during the Skype 'visitations' quite quickly. He's not interested in the child, he's interested in keeping his wife happy and now that he's effectively lost the battle to give her a full time plaything he's reverting to form.
    ChemicalHelena likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

LOL it's the baby who loses interest but I'm sure it's mutual!
    sluce, Just Kill Me and Novice like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Durr! I think I must have deliberately misread it because I have an incredibly low opinion of this dick. As soon as Wifey finds a new consolation prize the baby will get less and less Daddy time.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Oh I totally agree, baby is probably more focused than his idiot father.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Miller's Wife/Keeper strikes again...

Bode Miller's 'wife implies his son's mother fished condom out of trash to get pregnant' days after settlement in bitter custody battle

• A user who appears to be Miller's wife Morgan Beck posted the comments on a pregnancy website's chat room earlier this week
    • Her husband has an 18-month-old son with his ex, Sara McKenna
    • The former couple finally reached a deal last week for custody of the boy, who is called Sam by his mother and Nate by his father
    • McKenna responded to the accusations on the same chat room, insisting that Sam was conceived 'the old fashioned way'
    • Beck, who suffered a miscarriage last year, also revealed that she is 13 weeks pregnant, the online messages show

The wife of Olympic ski champ Bode Miller has implied that the mother of his son fished a condom out of the trash to get pregnant.
    Morgan Beck, a professional volleyball player, apparently made the bizarre accusation in a chat room for a pregnancy website - just days after Miller and his ex reached a settlement in the bitter custody battle for their 18-month-old son.
    'Girls do crazy things for money... including taking condoms out of trash cans and locking themselves in a bathroom,' read the November 18 post on TheBump.com, PageSix first reported.
    In an earlier post, she also revealed that she is 13 weeks pregnant.

+7

+7

Accusations: Morgan Beck (right), who is married to skier Bode Miller, has suggested his son was conceived after his then-girlfriend Sara McKenna (left) fished a condom out of the trash

+
    Together: Bode Miller smiles with his son, whom he calls Nate - even though McKenna calls him Sam

The claims were made under the username '2015mamatobe', which used a photo showing Morgan Beck and Miller together. The photo and the posts have since been removed.
    Miller and his ex, Sara McKenna, had a son together after meeting through a matchmaking service in 2012. McKenna calls the little boy Sam while Miller calls him Nathaniel, after his late brother.
    Last week, they finally reached a settlement following a lengthy custody battle, but the details have not been released.

After the posts appeared on TheBump earlier this week, McKenna also joined the website to stand up for herself, verifying it was her by sharing screen grabs of her email account.
    She asked other forum members to send her anything '2015mamatobe' might have said about her online, and said that posts the user had written about 'daily random things' match Beck's life.
    She also dismissed the suggestion that she had used a used condom to get pregnant.
    'Sam was conceived the old fashioned while we were on vacation in Florida,' she wrote, adding: 'This Morgan thing has been getting a little out of control and downright scary and I would like it to stop.'

Accusations: A user called 'GraceinCA' shared messages she had received from another user - believed to be Beck - with the name '2015mamatobe' on TheBump.com earlier this week

Together: The image for '2015mamatobe' shows Beck pictured with Miller, whom she married last year

+7

With dad: Sam is pictured with Miller and Beck, who has apparently since removed her messages

Bode Miller recounts how he met his wife Morgan

McKenna has previously said she and Miller did not use a condom at all when they conceived Sam.
    'He never offered to use a condom,' she told the New York Daily News last year. 'He assumed I was ready to get pregnant.'

Posting other messages on the website, '2015mamatobe' said she was just over 13 weeks pregnant.
    'I really want/wanted to keep the news of my pregnancy quiet for now,' the user wrote on November 10, explaining that last time news of her pregnancy went public, she miscarried.
    'Living that publicly was really hard. I don't mind if people know who we are (as if anyone would really care), but my family just has personal reasons for not wanting to be identified quite yet,' she said.
    Morgan Beck miscarried a child with Miller in early 2013. She has not yet returned a request for comment.
    As well as Sam, Miller also has an older daughter from a previous relationship.

+7

+7

Truce: McKenna, pictured left outside court in December 2013, and Miller, right with Beck outside court in April, finally reached a custody agreement over the 18-month-old boy last week following the lengthy battle

Bode Miller opens up about custody battle with ex

After McKenna, then a firefighter, fell pregnant, Miller said he did not want to raise the boy together, and they moved their separate ways.
    At seven months pregnant, McKenna moved from California to New York to attend Columbia University on the G.I. Bill, while he married volleyball player Morgan Beck.

McKenna said she told him of her plans in a text message but he never responded.

But two weeks after Sam was born in February 2013, Miller filed for custody in California and she temporarily lost custody of him, McKenna recounted in an essay for Cosmopolitan.
    It came just a month after Miller, now 37, and his wife Morgan, 27, experienced a miscarriage.
    In September last year, a judge gave Miller full custody of Sam, calling McKenna's move to New York 'irresponsible' and 'irreprehensible'.

+7
    Record breaking: Bode Miller, a five-time world champion, is pictured competing at Sochi in February. He underwent back surgery on Monday but hopes to be back to the sport by next January

After losing Sam, McKenna's life turned into a 'nightmare' and she quit school and her job, she said.
    But she soon realized that being 'catatonic wasn't helping matters' so she re-enrolled and continued her studies while relentlessly pursuing a way to get Sam back for good, she said in Cosmo.
    McKenna also tracked her son's life with Miller on her ex and his new wife's social media profiles and noticed they were calling him 'Nathaniel', after Miller's late brother.
    'That was really heartbreaking,' she wrote. 'Our son's name is Samuel Bode Miller-McKenna. Calling him anything else is just confusing.'
    The next time she saw her son was at a court hearing in November where she won back custody. She is now studying law in the hope of helping others going through the same ordeal.

Miller, a five-time world champion, still lives in California with his wife. He underwent minor back surgery on Monday but has said he hopes to be back to the sport by January.

Read more: Bode Miller's 'wife implies his son's mother fished condom out of trash to get pregnant' | Daily Mail Online

"Bode Miller's 'wife implies his son's mother fished condom out of trash to get pregnant' days after settlement in bitter custody battle"

doing that after the settlement is rather late.
    Kittylady and idunno like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Elite Member

If crazy Morgan, using twitter handle mamatobe2015, is going to have a kid next year, does that mean, Bode will lose interest in Sam again? Poor kid, either way. I also wonder if he sees his older kid.

she's a real see you next tuesday........
    czb, CL** and lucianodel like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

So what's the custody agreement? Did I miss something in that article, all it seems to discuss is his crazy wife and her antics.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The douchebag and the crazy bitch deserve each other. I feel bad for all kids involved, including the unborn one. You know he's going to lose interest in Sam once the shiny new trophy kid is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    So what's the custody agreement? Did I miss something in that article, all it seems to discuss is his crazy wife and her antics.
    Sluce posted an article back in April that said they had agreed on shared custody, with Sam's mother being the primary caregiver.

As for what's going to happen to Sam once the new fuck trophy arrives, that's anyone's guess. I used to think that Mad Morgan would lose interest if she was able to have a child of her own (I don't think Bode has been very interested himself anyway) but now I'm not that sure. She seems to have a hate hard on for her stepson's mother that isn't showing any signs of abating now that she's got herself sperminated and I wonder if she's nuts enough to want to continue using Sam as a means of jabbing at his mother, just the same as a certain other 'Bonus Mom' has been known to do.
    Trixie likes this.

Christ, Bode and Morgan are complete assholes. I wonder if the use of two different names for the boy came up at all in the proceedings and settlement. Because that is beyond fucked up.
    sparkles and Kittylady like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

This might be one of those extremely rare cases where it'd prob be best for Sam if his dad did forget about him and just left him alone.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information