Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Olympian Bode Miller Opens Up About "Brutal" Custody Battle for Son Nate, 9 Months

I agree that all sounds like a vindictive woman, which I assume she is after the way he treated her. But that is Morgan's side so the truth is probably somewhere lost in the middle.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Bode was always a flake, and extremely self-centered. Her certainly came across that way in his interviews and in his Winter Games fluff pieces in 06 and 10. This child is in no danger - his mom sounds well-balanced with a good head on her shoulders. And she's not a famewhore.

Bode's a dope.
    Fly_On_TheWall likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I agree that all sounds like a vindictive woman, which I assume she is after the way he treated her. But that is Morgan's side so the truth is probably somewhere lost in the middle.
    I agree.

If SMcK has declined "support" ($) from Bode, maybe she is having to make those jobs?
    If she found a nanny in Craiglist that night then yeah, dodgy, but she could have found the baby sitter on Craiglist & checked her out & was using her regularly - there is no time line here....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

czb

just because you find a sitter/nanny on craig's list doesn't mean the caregiver sucks. not everyone has a great network to find care providers so sometimes people use craig's list. i will assume the baby's mom checked refs ....

i hate that either party posted details about this (the custody battle) on twitter or FB.
    sluce and Novice like this.

I don't see why the mom giving the child his name is suspect. Perhaps she was hopeful that he would eventually change his mind about wanting to be a dad to the kid. I find it disgusting that he didn't give two shits until his new wife lost their baby. I just can't get past that.

Also....
    Unbelievably tacky: Her comments about the miscarriage being fated so she could raise this kid.
    Unbelievably wrong: Changing the kid's fucking NAME!

Who in the FUCK do these people think they are?

I can take the scorned pregnant woman's comments on facebook (or whatever) with a much larger grain of salt. I don't envy the combo of being pissed and preggo. Sure it's a little pathetic, but none of that stuff...the comments or the baby onesie...even comes close to what the asshole twins have done/are doing here. Talking all this smack about the mom and how 'horrible' she is just reeks of desperation.

Now desperation...and even bitter bitchiness...is something I find slightly more understanding when it's coming from a pregnant woman faced with raising the child of a disinterested douchebag on her own.
    Kittylady and JWL like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Dexter - sorry your sister is going through this but it can't be compared to this case. This woman had moved prior to him giving a damn. Then the courts took her child from her. I could support it if she was in California, had the child, he wanted visitation and THEN she tried to move away.

I believe that fathers should have joint legal custody and visitation that meets the needs of the child. I even support them having full physical custody when it is best for the child. I can't support a court giving power to a man to make a woman move away from an opportunity she when the father did not show any interest prior to her move. I will never support a court removing a child from a mother in a case like this either.

We have a case locally right now where the judge has given custody to the father because the mother has begun a lesbian relationship. The judge ruled that it had nothing to do with her sexuality, but is instead due to the instability of her current life. You know, she's trying something new and the kid shouldn't be caught up in her experimenting.... It's total bullshit and should be overturned on appeal IF the mother can afford to keep fighting.

Actually, my sister had moved away before she had the child too (not across the country, but across the state). My comparison was that in both cases the father didn't care about the child prior to the pregnancy, and the courts do not seem to take that into consideration at all.
    sluce and Novice like this.

fgg

why name the child after him but not put him on the birth certificate?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Has anybody been able to determine if Bode Miller and his wife were actually granted FULL custody of the boy, up until this court reversal? For the life of me, I can't figure out how that would have been the result. I could see awarding 50% custody, but how would McKenna have essentially lost all custody? Or, in other words, is it possible to have a shared custody situation where one parent would not see the child for 3 months at a time?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    why name the child after him but not put him on the birth certificate?
    How does it work in New York/USA? Over here an unmarried woman cannot put the father's name on the birth certificate unless he is either present when the birth is registered or has provided documentation in the form of a Court Order or Statutory Declaration in which the father acknowledges parental responsibility for the child.

If similar rules apply and Bode Miller refused to attend the registration or failed to provide documentation acknowledging that he is the father then Sara McKenna may have had no choice but to leave him off. Or perhaps she figured that he wouldn't be interested seeing as though that was the view he expressed right the way through her pregnancy.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Has anybody been able to determine if Bode Miller and his wife were actually granted FULL custody of the boy, up until this court reversal? For the life of me, I can't figure out how that would have been the result. I could see awarding 50% custody, but how would McKenna have essentially lost all custody? Or, in other words, is it possible to have a shared custody situation where one parent would not see the child for 3 months at a time?
    I'd also like to know how he and his wife were able to change the name on the birth certificate without the mother's consent.

And am the only one who gets a bit of a twitch when they see the little boy being called Nate in the thread title when his mother chose to call him Sam and it is the Millers who have changed his name?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Can you really just put somebody's name on a birth certificate if you're not married and he's not there to acknowledge paternity? Given the legal ramifications of being named the father on a birth certificate, that seems odd. If that's the case, I think I'll go get knocked up and name George Clooney as the father and then he'd be tied to me for the next 18 years.

These Miller people are vile. But obviously there's something we don't know since the Court's took an infant and gave him to the father and his wife in the first year without any allegation of abuse, neglect, drugs or alcohol on the mother's part.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Can you really just put somebody's name on a birth certificate if you're not married and he's not there to acknowledge paternity? Given the legal ramifications of being named the father on a birth certificate, that seems odd. If that's the case, I think I'll go get knocked up and name George Clooney as the father and then he'd be tied to me for the next 18 years.
    You know that if you do that Sluce will make sure you are never seen or heard from again...
    sluce likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

She wouldn't dare harm George's progeny.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I read in the NY Times that he was given physical custody, and they were both given joint legal custody. She did get to see the kid a couple of times with Bode and his wife had him.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I read in the NY Times that he was given physical custody, and they were both given joint legal custody. She did get to see the kid a couple of times with Bode and his wife had him.
    The extracts from Morgan Miller's blog post made it sound like Sara wasn't interested at all. Hmmm...

Speaking from personal experience, here in California, my SO had to be present to add his name to the birth certificate since we weren't married. They even had him watch a dvd in our room saying that he didn't have to sign the birth certificate if he wanted a paternity test or if there was any doubt that our baby was his.

You can't just add anyone to a birth certificate.

Even if everything the wifey is alleging, it's still not reason enough to remove a child from the custody of his mother. Even if the mother works 40 -60 hours per week.
    Kittylady likes this.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information