Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Olympian Bode Miller Opens Up About "Brutal" Custody Battle for Son Nate, 9 Months

^Nina - google Bode Miller is a jerk and read how well he handled himself after his poor performance at the 06 Olympics.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

A*O

Why are dumb assholes so fertile?
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by nina385 View Post
    I am extremely disappointed by Miller. Since skiing is very popular here, I've known of him for a long time and had no idea he was such an a**hole.
    I barely knew who he was until this case. All I knew was that he was a gold-medal skier. Apparently, the guy is an amazing athlete because he also won some all-around competition where athletes from multiple sports competed against each other. And he was almost good enough to play both pro baseball and basketball. He has all these physical gifts and not much going on mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    McKenna named the boy Samuel Bode Miller, Jr., which, honestly seems like a pretty weird move for someone who thinks at the time the dad wants nothing to do with him. Wonder if changing the kid's name is the new couple's attempt at saving the junior name for one of their future spawn.
    The kid is called Samuel Bode Miller -McKenna.... Just saying..
    From the texts I've seen, she not only wanted the child but wanted him to be an active father in the boy's life and he didn't. He was playing golf instead of going to scans, and @ 5 months she went into false labour allegedly brought on (according to her Drs) by stress (of the situation).
    I can really understand her going to NYC, having found a great college program to get away from this arsehole & start a new life.

The calling the kid Nate is after his brother who died in Sept. "Chelone Miller, whose full name was Nathaniel Kinsman Ever Chelone Skan Miller, was 29 years old. He was completing a successful winter of competitions where he excelled in snowboardcross, an event where multiple snowboarders race head-to-head on a course filled with jumps and sharp, banked turns."

"The cross-country custody battle between Olympic gold medalist Bode Miller and his ex-Sara McKenna became so bitter that the skier decided to change the name she gave their child at birth - without her permission.

That is just one of the revelations to come out of the New York City Family Court over the past two weeks as proceedings started today that could ultimately swing custody back to 27-year-old McKenna.

Despite McKenna registering her son under his father's given name, Samuel Bode Miller-McKenna, the champion skier pointedly got permission from a Californian court to add Nathaniel as his middle name and now calls him Nate, instead of Sam, his birth name."

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    :*( Just reread the first post. Poor woman, I can't imagine the pain of being away for so long. It's clear that the Miller scum didn't exactly keep in touch with her either.

Speaking of the Millers:

WTF, they could be twins. No wonder he married her, it's like a female version of him. Same haircolour, same pisshole in the snow eyes, same nose and pretty similar mouth and facial structure. Creepy.
    I can't imagine how a custodial parent can keep info like the child has cut a new tooth from the other parent, especially when that patent has taken such steps to better herself to provide for her child .
    She also told (via text, available @ NYN) that her child deserved more than a "once-a-month" dad. & that she would give him a better father (-figure) if she could.

I 'd like to think that the death of his younger brother and a mis-carriage in the space of a few months changed him but I am not seeing that from what is being reported.
    However, I have a feeling that the current Mrs Miller is going to have p-l-e-n-t-y of step-children to (co-)parent....
    KrisNine likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I don't think it's in the best interests of the kid for its mother to be forced to live close to the father who has already expressed his lack of interest in the child's life.
    Yup, just as it can't be in the best interests of the child to be used as a consolation prize for the new missus.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Despite McKenna registering her son under his father's given name, Samuel Bode Miller-McKenna, the champion skier pointedly got permission from a Californian court to add Nathaniel as his middle name and now calls him Nate, instead of Sam, his birth name."
    How the hell did he get away with that? How can a court allow a parent, particularly one that is involved in an ONGOING custody dispute, make amendments to a birth certificate? Is this dickhead really such a big deal that he can use his celebrity to dazzle a judge into allowing a name change?

I really hope that he never has a good run on the slopes ever again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

whose full name was Nathaniel Kinsman Ever Chelone Skan Miller,
    It seems more like a sentence than a name

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It seems more like a sentence than a name
    Not quite as good as their sister Wren whose full name is listed as Genesis Wren Bungo Windrushing Turtleheart Miller
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    The kid is called Samuel Bode Miller -McKenna.... Just saying..
    I was referring to her Facebook pregnancy announcement, I guess.
    Olympic skier Bode Miller loses custody battle over baby boy he fathered with ex-Marine and former lover | Mail Online

Novice likes this.

JWL

I think these interviews bode has given have really backfired. He probably thought America would side with an Olympic Champion, and he might have been right if he wasn't such a complete asshole that married another complete asshole. From what I can tell, I think he only new his current wife for about 4 months before marrying her, be shocking if this marriage even lasts. I really hope this little boy's mother gets full custody with bode getting visitation. Oh, and I also hope bode sucks at Sochi.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    You have clearly missed many of the facts of this case. No one here is talking about general custody cases. This is a case where he wanted NOTHING to do with this child. She made plans to better her life and moved to NYC and started classes in January. He had no objection to her moving. Then AFTER she has moved and started her new life, he files and wants custody if she's not going to move back to Cali. That is bullshit and no judge should ever allow this to happen. He had no interest for 8 months of her pregnancy and then is given the power to disrupt her life because of his sudden change of heart.
    judges allow this to happen all the time. My sister's baby's daddy had no interest in the baby prior to pregnancy, and didn't even see the baby until she was 4 months old. However, he has been allowed to get every bit of shared custody that he has wanted, all thanks to our judicial system. His primary motive has always been to fuck with my sister, but the courts allow this. It's disgusting.

anyway, so while I think this guy is in the wrong and being a jerk, I'm not surprised he has been able to win some court battles.
    Novice likes this.

Dexter - sorry your sister is going through this but it can't be compared to this case. This woman had moved prior to him giving a damn. Then the courts took her child from her. I could support it if she was in California, had the child, he wanted visitation and THEN she tried to move away.

I believe that fathers should have joint legal custody and visitation that meets the needs of the child. I even support them having full physical custody when it is best for the child. I can't support a court giving power to a man to make a woman move away from an opportunity she when the father did not show any interest prior to her move. I will never support a court removing a child from a mother in a case like this either.

We have a case locally right now where the judge has given custody to the father because the mother has begun a lesbian relationship. The judge ruled that it had nothing to do with her sexuality, but is instead due to the instability of her current life. You know, she's trying something new and the kid shouldn't be caught up in her experimenting.... It's total bullshit and should be overturned on appeal IF the mother can afford to keep fighting.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Silver Member

He and his wife are despicable. Who changes a baby's name so that he is alternately called different names depending on who he is with instead of the name he was given at birth? It just infuriates me and I can't get over that. It just steams me and tells me everything I need to know about those two and the games they are playing. I can't believe the Judge first gave them temporary custody at the first hearing before it was changed back again. They think they can with their money bury this girl in the ground, get the kid, pay no child support. It's all the new wife. Body wouldn't put this much energy into getting this boy to save his life. Their games and passive-aggressive tweets are not fooling anyone. The wife hates this baby's mother and wants to take over this baby since she lost hers.
    CL** likes this.

Dexter - sorry your sister is going through this but it can't be compared to this case. This woman had moved prior to him giving a damn. Then the courts took her child from her. I could support it if she was in California, had the child, he wanted visitation and THEN she tried to move away.

I believe that fathers should have joint legal custody and visitation that meets the needs of the child. I even support them having full physical custody when it is best for the child. I can't support a court giving power to a man to make a woman move away from an opportunity she when the father did not show any interest prior to her move. I will never support a court removing a child from a mother in a case like this either.

We have a case locally right now where the judge has given custody to the father because the mother has begun a lesbian relationship. The judge ruled that it had nothing to do with her sexuality, but is instead due to the instability of her current life. You know, she's trying something new and the kid shouldn't be caught up in her experimenting.... It's total bullshit and should be overturned on appeal IF the mother can afford to keep fighting.
    This is exactly how I feel. I couldn't just up and take my daughter away right now if I wanted to leave. Nor could my SO. It protects the interest of both parents and the child. I could do it, but I could be forced to return to the state with my daughter or send her back to be with her dad.

Yes I agree with your post too.
    sometimes it looks ( to me) as if this is to do with control.
    Quote Originally Posted by LameAnn View Post
    He and his wife are despicable. Who changes a baby's name so that he is alternately called different names depending on who he is with instead of the name he was given at birth? It just infuriates me and I can't get over that. It just steams me and tells me everything I need to know about those two and the games they are playing. I can't believe the Judge first gave them temporary custody at the first hearing before it was changed back again. They think they can with their money bury this girl in the ground, get the kid, pay no child support. It's all the new wife. Body wouldn't put this much energy into getting this boy to save his life. Their games and passive-aggressive tweets are not fooling anyone. The wife hates this baby's mother and wants to take over this baby since she lost hers.
    No it's not. It's not all on the new wife. The father is an arsehole. He has proved that multiple times prior to this.
    Kittylady, witchcurlgirl and sluce like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Dexter I'm sorry that your sister is having to deal with this. As much as I think that father's should have rights to see their children it makes my blood boil when they (or the mother) starts using them as a pawn to fuck with the custodial parent. When I was ten my sperm donor suddenly turned up at 9pm at night demanding an access visit to my brother and I after not giving a birthday card, Christmas card, gift of any sort or any kind of fuck my entire life since the day I was born. Funny how it coincided exactly with the time that Ma Kitty was due to go on the first date she'd agreed to since their divorce ten years earlier... Luckily his source didn't know that the date had been put back by half an hour and the sperm donor met with an enraged woman who armed herself with a kitchen knife when he tried to barge in who was nothing like the beaten down little mouse that had divorced him.

I think that the current wifey should hope and pray that the next wifey (because there will be one) is nice and fertile and can spew out babies at a Duggar rate so she doesn't have to worry about any future kids she has being legally stolen to satisfy the whims of a crazy bitch.
    Flygirl likes this.

Thread Information