Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Olsen twins win designer of the year award

On what planet?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I just mosied over to their website. The bags are nice but they look suspiciously like they were copied from Chanel. Even call them ‘resort collection’......just like Chanel.

Yeah I'm waiting for witchcurl's two cents on this too. And when she gets here maybe she can also tell me why the clothing industry seems to think people want to wear summer shirts made of cheapass rayon and that it's okay to charge $50-$100 for it.

Silver Member

Just had a quick look on their website, some of their stuff is nice but would not pay for them ever as its ridiculously over priced, I think I'll stick to my H&M!. I think they are about as credible as Victoria Beckham and Jessica Simpson as Fashion Designers and credit probably goes to their design team who do the real hard work. I have more respect for genuine designers who have had a lot of hands on experience of their craft not some celebrity designer. Approving of designs from the Design team does not make a celebrity a 'Fashion Designer' they are the face of the brand.
    Mrs Fawlty likes this.

Judging by the way they dress I would say "No way!". There are many designers that dress like crap, but then make some good creations.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

You know, of all the awards on earth, this one should have been impossible. Right after the awards for hair and make up.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I can't remember anything that either of the Trollsons has worn in the last 5 years where I didn't think, "Damn, that's ugly."
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Find this very hard to believe. I sat next to one of them at a concert at MSG awhile ago and she was dirty, looked like she had not bathed in a week. Her hair was greasy and clothes looked soiled, although she was carrying a very expensive Birkin bag. Guess you can't make a silk purse out a sow's ear. The backpack made out of koolaid-dyed coonskin caps (relatives perhaps?) they are peddling for $39000 are a joke!

Gold Member

Do the also win the award for creepy little coked up midgets of the year?
    Beeyotch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taedium View Post
    Do the also win the award for creepy little coked up midgets of the year?
    Every year without fail.

No fucking way!
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I know. What is with this group that they say the Olsens are designers of the year and Johnny Depp is a style icon???
    Publicity. Puff Daddy won this for men, so that sort of says everything. His clothing was crap.

Awards are just bullshit, a way to do PR. Fashion is a business, and the real awards are on balance sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I just looked at their website and hate to admit I like some of their pieces, especially the leather goods. However, I don't believe that they personally designed any of it. Maybe the award should be for hiring talented designers.
    Yes, it's a pretty good line. The design awards should at also go to and name the actual designers.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    "Who did they blow?" asks Stella McCartney.
    Poor dears had to. They didn't have a Beatle dad whose coattails they could ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Yeah I'm waiting for witchcurl's two cents on this too. And when she gets here maybe she can also tell me why the clothing industry seems to think people want to wear summer shirts made of cheapass rayon and that it's okay to charge $50-$100 for it.

Larger profits if they use cheap fabrics. Most of the cost of any garment is content, not labor.

Truthfully, my advice is always- buy in department/chain stores on sale only, shop off price stores like Loehmanns when possible, and hit consignment shops and thrift stores in good neighborhoods for quality things. And never buy something on sale that you wouldn't pay full price for. It's only a good deal if you wear it.
    sluce likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I got this top online at Macy's. Product details description said it was cotton. I get it and the tag says 100% rayon. Bastards. It just seems that even formerly good quality brands are trying to get away with far inferior quality materials and it chaps my ass but good.

/gripe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information