Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Official Royal Wedding Thread

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Alexander View Post
    Prince Charles may have to wait a long damn time to get that throne. The Queen is going to hold on to that post and not give it up until it's pulled out of her cold, dead hands. And given how long HER mother lived, Charles could have a long wait...
    One can only hope.

Zee

I'm feeling the love and trying to work out guest list. Kim Karda$$ian or the Obama's?

In the States we call inbred folks hillbillies not royals.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Alexander View Post
    Prince Charles may have to wait a long damn time to get that throne. The Queen is going to hold on to that post and not give it up until it's pulled out of her cold, dead hands.
    As opposed to all the other monarchs throughout history who retired at 62?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^Em emmm...
    You know they all retired and none of them died while still in control...that never happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I'm feeling the love and trying to work out guest list. Kim Karda$$ian or the Obama's?

In the States we call inbred folks hillbillies not royals.
    Let's get the party started! Apparently the embarrassing coke-stained, call-girl loving uncle of the Middletons is trying to get reformed in time for the wedding.

Therefore I feel it is only fair to put ... Lindsay Lohan on the waiting list!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I don't care that she was a crazy as a shit house rat needy whore: I loved Di.

Camilla is a fug horseface...hate her..

...and actually I hate the entire royal family, the idea of a royal family, and think that Britain is stupid for putting up with this shit(but maybe not, cause lots of stupid Americans buy into this shit and provide tourist income to Britain and all)...also Canada and Australia are stupid for still honoring or having anything to do with 'the royals' and the fact that the Queen bitch is on any foreign money is ridiculous. Canada and Australia should be ashamed. Cut the damn cord and move on from your decayed mommy state.

There. That should piss everyone off and throw more fuel on the bonfire...
    Agree with this. The only thing the royals are good for these days is soap opera quality entertainment and snark. In any country.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Royal wedding update: Archbishop in key role - omg! news on Yahoo!

Royal wedding update:
    Associated Press LONDON - The bride will arrive by car and leave in a carriage, as befits a newly minted princess.

Those key details and others about the upcoming nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton emerged Wednesday in advance of their April 29 wedding at Westminster Abbey.

Prince Charles' representative broke weeks of silence with a statement that Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams will marry the couple in an 11 a.m. ceremony that will include several other prominent clergy.

The wedding of William — a young Navy helicopter rescue pilot who is second in line for the throne — and Middleton, his girlfriend and confidante for nearly eight years, is expected to draw a gigantic global audience via television and the Internet.

The palace also lifted the secrecy surrounding the processional route the newlyweds will take from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace — information deemed vital to those hoping to get out early and catch a glimpse of the couple as they glide by in a horse-drawn carriage.

The parade route, likely to be thronged by well-wishers regardless of the weather, will take William and Middleton through the storied heart of ceremonial London, where so many joyous and solemn occasions have been marked.

Palace officials said Queen Elizabeth II, William's grandmother, would host a reception at Buckingham Palace after the wedding ceremony, with guests drawn from the wedding congregation.

The reception guest list has not been released, but palace officials said it will be drawn from members of the wedding congregation who make up both the couple's official and private lives.

The night of the wedding, Prince Charles is to host a dinner and dance at Buckingham Palace for family members and close friends of the newlyweds.

Joe Little, managing editor of Majesty magazine, told The Associated Press that he was surprised that Middleton has chosen to arrive at Westminster Abbey by car rather than in a carriage.

"It's not unprecedented, but we automatically assumed Kate would be in the glass coach, as was the case with Diana and with Sarah Ferguson," he said. "But obviously that was decided against. We don't know why, it might have been seen as ostentatious."

Other traditions have changed with the times, he said.

"In the old days there would have been a wedding breakfast for the immediate family, but this will be a much bigger reception, with many more people attending, a more inclusive affair," he said.

In addition, he said, the queen is not hosting a ball a few nights before the wedding, as she would have done in the past, and instead Charles is hosting a gala event the night of the wedding.

"It's slightly different," he said. "Change is not necessarily a bad thing."

Officials said the Dean of Westminster, the Very Rev. John Hall, will conduct the service and the Bishop of London, the Right Rev. Richard Chartres, will give the address. Both men have long-standing ties to the royal family.

The wedding update cleared up many important questions about the schedule but leaves many more issues open to speculation.

High on the list are the matter of which star designer will be asked to make Middleton's wedding gown, and which celebrities will be on the guest list.

It is also not clear who will provide the music — older folks with knighthoods, icons like Paul McCartney and Elton John, who performed flawlessly at Diana's funeral — or a younger, dizzier crew that might appeal more to the newlyweds and their friends?

The official wedding guest list is also closely guarded information, with palace officials emphasizing that the wedding is not a state affair that will be driven by protocol concerns. No information has yet been released about couple's honeymoon plans.

Britons and visitors hoping to take part in the event can try to see the carriage during the parade, when it will travel through Parliament Square, Whitehall, Horse Guards Parade and the Mall, or they can gather near Buckingham Palace, where William and his bride are expected to emerge into public view briefly on the balcony.

This is the same balcony where William's parents, Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, kissed after their 1981 wedding, and where wartime leader Winston Churchill joined the royal family to wave to the public in triumph at the end of World War II.

It is possible a kiss may be in order at that point.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Knighthoods, yeah, right. The day I call someone Sir Anything will be never.

wow a possible public kiss! bring me my smelling salts!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Charles most definitely shagged the late Lady Dale "Kanga" Tryon (she was an Aussie) while Camilla was preggo with her two kids. Kanga was married to one of Chazza's jolly good friends. It's standard practice in those circles and people need to understand that they don't live by the same rules as the hoi polloi. Kanga was batshit crazy too and ended up falling (pushed?) to her death out of a loonybin window.

So Kate Middleton's mother's maiden name was Goldsmith? Could she be.... be..... Jewish? If so, technically that makes Kate an English Jewish Princess!
    OMG THAT IS SOME FUCKED UP SHIZZO. wow, I always wondered how men "relieved" themselves while their mistresses were pregnant w/ their husband's babies.... w/ a 2nd or 3rd rate married look-alike! well now I know (since this will be in my future of course)

and a jewish english princess would be awesome! that would make me despise kate a little less for some reason well i dont despise her but i find her annoying and lame

Many times last names were based on what you did for a living... gold smith, black smith, baker, barber, etc. The most common last name in both the UK and US is "Smith".

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ oh yeah, that makes sense.

A post wedding reception followed by a dinner and dance in the evening and into the night makes for a very long day.

Can't wait to see the dress and jewels!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    OMG THAT IS SOME FUCKED UP SHIZZO. wow, I always wondered how men "relieved" themselves while their mistresses were pregnant w/ their husband's babies.... w/ a 2nd or 3rd rate married look-alike! well now I know
    What makes you think it's their husbands babies? Camilla's son, whose name is Thomas Charles Parker-Bowles is also Charles' godson. As is Kanga's son.

So?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information