Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Octomom Charged with Felony Welfare Fraud

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Yes there are often group homes and I have large sibling groups placed this way. Not sure how Cali handles it though.
    Group homes for children are typically licensed for 6, so they'd need a few! There are different categories and funding sources as well as levels, etc. Again, these kids would probably qualify on several levels, dependency, developmentally disabled and/or emotionally disturbed.

Forgot to say it's all a moot point, she's probably not going to the pokey for this, I bet she even continues to get AFDC.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; January 16th, 2014 at 05:48 AM.

A*O

More proof if any were needed that this woman is mentally and morally incompetent to have one child, let alone the tribe she spawned. Shame, shame, shame on the doctor who made it happen.
    hustle4alivin, CL** and Air Quotes like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    i'm guessing her parents are going to end up taking care of them.
    I would hope NOT. That's too many kids for one or two or even three people to care for - especially given that these aren't professionals.
    It would be better for the kids, and more cost effective for Cali, to rent a home and pay staff to supervise the kids in a group home like setting.
    yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    More proof if any were needed that this woman is mentally and morally incompetent to have one child, let alone the tribe she spawned. Shame, shame, shame on the doctor who made it happen.
    shame on her, the doctor ... there's plenty of shame in this nasty situation.
    CL** and holly like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Why don't the video companies take taxes out of her paycheck?
    It's not tax...
    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I see her as more of a mentally ill moron than a deliberate cheat. Also, with 14 children, it would be pretty easy to lose track of paperwork. It's annoying to me that the state seems to have ignored all other issues related to this woman and her poor kids, but they are right on top of the tax situation. Fuck over kids? No problem. Fuck with the state's $, go directly to jail, do not pass go.
    See above!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I don't think that's what's being said. She didn't report the earning of that $30,000.00 (that they know of so far) - not that that's all she made last year.
    I bet it's not, and I bet that the investigation looked for everything....
    Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i wonder how much income you don't report would be worth an investigation *thinks about someone who is definitely not reporting some income and needs some comeupance*
    DOIT!DOIT!DOIT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I really want to smack her fertility doctor multiple times with a whiffle ball bat.
    I want him to pay for the support of the kids he made.
    It would be better for the kids, and more cost effective for Cali, to rent a home and pay staff to supervise the kids in a group home like setting.
    I thought that they were albeit with her as "manager".....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

For the record, Ty Warner (Beanie Baby founder) plead guilty of hiding 25 million of income to avoid paying taxes and he was sentenced this week to 2 years of PROBATION. Octomom certainly shouldn't get jail time for not reporting all of her income.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I don't think that's what's being said. She didn't report the earning of that $30,000.00 (that they know of so far) - not that that's all she made last year.
    I thought she had made over $120k, the problem is that the guidelines for being able to collect assistance for a family of 15 was a little over 100k.
    I am on my phone right now, and searching for that info didn't bring anything up.
    I will have to look around later to see where I got this from.

I don't think you do jail time, but rather have to pay the money the you received back to the state.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

For the record, Ty Warner (Beanie Baby founder) plead guilty of hiding 25 million of income to avoid paying taxes and he was sentenced this week to 2 years of PROBATION. Octomom certainly shouldn't get jail time for not reporting all of her income.
    Now THAT is some fucking bullshit. I bet it's all down to him being able to afford high-powered lawyers though, no?
    sluce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I don't think you do jail time, but rather have to pay the money the you received back to the state.
    It's my impression that she did file a tax return, and reported income, except for 30k. I would imagine she would still receive assistance, but maybe not as much. We'll see.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Financially incompetent too. It's a disaster all round.

Silver Member

His or her ass should be in jail.

If they know you can't pay back the cash, you're actually MORE likely to get jail time.

My colleague is handing a very similar case right now, the defendant has no prior record and the offer is a jail sentence with no restitution required or probation with full restitution. The DA knows he can't afford restitution. He is poor. It is their intent to punish him more severely because he can't pay it. I'm not saying he was right for committing welfare fraud but it's unfair that he has to go to jail only because he's poor. A rich person (they also commit welfare fraud) could pay back the money and get probation.
    sluce, stef, twitchy2.0 and 2 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

That's so messed up.
    Beantownfan and Lalasnake like this.

Silver Member

Mel, octo's Mother has gone on record saying at 74 that many kids would kill her. I feel sorry for her. She tried to help her incredibly stupid daughter by letting her live with her in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownfan View Post
    Mel, octo's Mother has gone on record saying at 74 that many kids would kill her. I feel sorry for her. She tried to help her incredibly stupid daughter by letting her live with her in the beginning.
    I'd like to go on record saying "at 40, that many kids would kill me..." y'all can all quote me on that!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information