Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: Nun dies during court battle with Katy Perry

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I'm really disappointed.

When you see a thread title like that, you expect some sort of massive courtroom fight (preferably on video) between Katy Perry and a bunch of penguins leaping over the tables to attack each other. The judge impotently banging a gavel and yelling "Order!" and calling for the bailiffs. The bloodied and bruised combatants being pulled apart and then someone looking around and asking, "Where's Sister Margaret?" and there she is lying still off to the side and shes isn't breathing.
    That's how I'm choosing to remember it.
    Waterslide, Kittylady and MsDark like this.

Only if Whoopi Goldberg plays the part of the dead nun.
    Waterslide and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I guess you're too young to remember that feisty '60s popstar The Singing Nun.
    Too young? Aww, that's cute. I remember her, and Sr Janet Mead (local groover in a habit who rocked out to the Lord's Prayer) but my advanced age has fortunately blocked those from my consciousness.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I guess you're too young to remember that feisty '60s popstar The Singing Nun.
    What a beautiful example of spiritual folk music. I myself am quite fond of the dulcet tones of the Order of St. Beryl: Example Song

Here's an interview with the head of the Order in 1965:

After spending a period of time in my youth in a church run home and all that entails I don't trust any of them.
    holly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Whatever. Katy Perry is a nun killing demon whore.
    Quoted for truth. I totally believe she did some black magic shit and made the poor old lady drop dead or maybe she just started singing.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me how these nuns were able to 'own' this property when they are supposed to forgo worldly possessions?
    Brah, Mivvi21, Lalasnake and 1 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^^Especially after they had moved out years before when they decided to form their "own" group away from the church?

I think they broke away decades ago but still lived there until 2011 when the Archdiocese forced them out.

I find it completely believable that they had paperwork but couldn't produce it, and that they don't realize they're being scammed by the boutique hotel person. My usually reasonably intelligent 88-year-old father was ready to get a new roof for $27k because a pushy, charming, goodlooking salesman talked at him for hours. Last year he almost undersold our house and signed up for a reverse mortgage because the salespeople talked a good game. Also, he miraculously can never find any important papers even when he and I repeatedly sort through and store papers carefully. Not having the documents in court sounds just like something that would happen with my dad. Getting old sucks.

If they were already the true owners of the property, how could the archdiocese force them out? Wouldn't they have to go to court and prove which one was the true owner?
    Brah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by exippy View Post
    After spending a period of time in my youth in a church run home and all that entails I don't trust any of them.
    After going to catholic school (thankfully only one year, but that was more than enough), nuns are mean, sexually repressed hags. Sorry! (not sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    If they were already the true owners of the property, how could the archdiocese force them out? Wouldn't they have to go to court and prove which one was the true owner?
    True... I dunno, there's a lot of weird stuff going on in this story. I was thinking the convent might belong to their order and that's why they own it. I wouldn't put it past an archdiocese to steamroll over a couple of nuns and lose anything that isn't to their (the archdiocese's) benefit.

The red flag for me is that they gave up wearing habits decades ago and are suddenly wearing them for court. Maybe I'm as gullible as my father!

Still, it's tough to side with Katy Perry on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    If these nuns rightfully owned the property they would have had legal paperwork to show, which they apparently did not produce. You can't just claim to own a property if you can't produce the appropriate paperwork. That only sounds harsh because we are dealing with sweet looking nuns, not some smarmy businessman.

I don't have any specific love for Katy Perry, but it sounds like she didn't really do anything wrong other than purchase a property that the legal system said she could buy.
    Not to mention that whole vow of poverty thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    ^^Yep, that's what I had read also, that she wanted the property for mom/grandma; I'm not sure why a group who, according to the original post, had moved out and essentially formed their own group with their own rules (were they even still affiliated with the church?) cared so much about who bought the property.
    Ummm, how are you ALL missing the point that Katy kissed a girl and she liked it.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

"I killed a nun, and I liked it." -- Katy Perry, probably

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Not to mention that whole vow of poverty thing.
    What about poverty of the spirit? Maybe they took a really specific vow and just ignored the material poverty aspect.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    After going to catholic school (thankfully only one year, but that was more than enough), nuns are mean, sexually repressed hags. Sorry! (not sorry)
    I had over a decade in the Catholic system, and to be fair some of the nuns were amazing, really caring ladies who loved kids - my kindergarten teacher was like a kind old aunty, and my second-grade nun was awesome and in high school took a bunch of us to our first ever concert - ABBA! Hard to have bad memories of that. But a lot of them were as you say, mean and hateful old bags who hated young girls, especially the cute ones. It probably didn't help that I called them Jesus Groupies. Well they were! "I'm married to Jesus!", yeah right, and I'm married to Andy Gibb.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information