Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: Nun dies during court battle with Katy Perry

Yeah, I don't even see where the nuns had some great objection to selling the property to Katy, it's that the Archdiocese sold it to her and they would be the ones getting the money for it, not the nuns. I'm guessing Katy thought this would be a straightforward property sale from owner to buyer and then ended up getting dragged into this big legal battle which really had nothing to do with her. Same with the other buyer. Both should have pulled their offers and said hey give me a call when you get this shit sorted out if you still want to sell. Not sure why they didn't. Even if they both signed purchase agreements, I would think if there was any question that they entered into the contract with the rightful owner, the contract would be null and void.
    Waterslide likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

And although the nuns had moved out in the last few years, they had apparently lived there since 1978. So it's all rather sad and stressful and proved too much for one of them.

I think just about anything would be stressful for an 89 year old.

I have no sympathy for these nuns and something is shady as fuck with their relationship with a multimillionaire "restaurant owner" they wanted to sell a multi-million property to for only $44,000 to turn into a hotel. A property they didn't own. But despite that, Katy still offered the nuns $10 million anyway in addition to paying the archdiosese for the actual propety which they turned down. I think there was some shady business deal going on between the nuns and "restaurant owner" because why the fuck would you want your convent turned into a hotel instead of the home for the mom and grandma of a pop star.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

The exterior of the property is absolutely gorgeous. I'm unsure how, even in the 1970s, two nuns would have the funds to buy and care for such a beautiful, expansive piece of property. Eight acres in Los Feliz? I don't see how it could happen. Just because they lived there doesn't make them the owners of the property. The Catholic Church is very wealthy; two nuns, not so much. I'm sorry she died, but she was 89 and that's a full life. It's not as if Katy (whom I really have no opinion, good or bad, on because she's just not in my orbit) stabbed her or anything. And honestly, that other buyer should be ashamed at buying such an expensive piece of real estate for FORTY-FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS. That's like those guys that you read about that buy pristine, old Ferraris from widows for $5K that have no idea the worth of what their husbands left behind.
    Serendipity, idunno, Brah and 1 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Re: Katy Perry...I hope you guys know I was being facetious when I called her evil. It's a bizarre story and I think it's ludicrous to blame her for the nun's death. I'm not really dragging her for this. I'll drag her for other crap, though.

And to be honest, when I first heard this story, I was Team Katy because I seem to remember the nuns didn't want to sell the place to Katy because they were being judgmental old biddies and as much as I can't stand Katy, I can't get on board with that kind of backwards crap. It's right up there with burning records and not letting people dance.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

You mean Katy Perry isn't the spawn of satan?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm not saying that. She totally is. This real estate debacle is just happenstance.
    sprynkles, idunno, MsDark and 1 others like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    You mean Katy Perry isn't the spawn of satan?
    She is. Illuminati!

From what I understand, the property was a nunnery since 1978 and these are the two surviving nuns and they wouldn't go quietly. They were given another home when two of them became too old to look after the property but then again (if true) Katy is planning to put two other older people in it. I can understand that they think a rich pop star who can do what she likes and throw money at a purchase which she doesn't even need to live in is somewhat galling for people who have given up all their worldly wealth. I am at least glad that Katy is wasting her undeserved money and the nuns gave her the runaround for as long as they could. Team feisty old nuns!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

nuns. do not want!

the only nuns i like are the sisters of the valley.

How are you team "feisty nuns" when they are selling it to another millionaire who is going to turn it into a boutique? They're not upset that they are losing the property, because they're fine with turning it into a ludicrously overpriced hotel and shop. For 44,000! I'm sorry, but either the nuns are in on some shady shit, or theyre letting themselves be scammed for some weird reason. As if they aren't the scammers themselves, selling a property that isn't theirs... They could claim they bought it from the archdiocese (sp) when they broke away, but I'd think there'd be plenty of paperwork proving that (paperwork they dont have).

Also, these nuns stopped wearing the habits and broke away, but now that they're in court (and a highly publicized court case at that) I see they're playing it up and wearing their habits again.

Sorry, this is fucking fishy and I don't see why someone would be gleeful to see Perry get fucked out of lawyer and court fees because a couple of women are in some shady deal with a restarateur.

I'm really disappointed.

When you see a thread title like that, you expect some sort of massive courtroom fight (preferably on video) between Katy Perry and a bunch of penguins leaping over the tables to attack each other. The judge impotently banging a gavel and yelling "Order!" and calling for the bailiffs. The bloodied and bruised combatants being pulled apart and then someone looking around and asking, "Where's Sister Margaret?" and there she is lying still off to the side and shes isn't breathing.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    ^Same, I'm no fan of her but from what I've read, I'm Team Katy on this one. But then I have no great love for nuns so maybe I'm a little biased (although nuns never tried to sing bland bubblegum pop to me, so there's obviously different kinds of evil).
    I guess you're too young to remember that feisty '60s popstar The Singing Nun.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Also, these nuns stopped wearing the habits and broke away, but now that they're in court (and a highly publicized court case at that) I see they're playing it up and wearing their habits again.
    And one being pushed around in a wheelchair no less. Fakers!!
    Daphodil likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

^^^ wasn't she in one of those Airport movies?

i'm team maybeck. i really love his properties and i hope someone restores the buildings on this lot.
    sprynkles and Waterslide like this.

Whatever. Katy Perry is a nun killing demon whore.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Exactly. I mean, isn't it enough just not to like her?
    Waterslide likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I'm really disappointed.

When you see a thread title like that, you expect some sort of massive courtroom fight (preferably on video) between Katy Perry and a bunch of penguins leaping over the tables to attack each other. The judge impotently banging a gavel and yelling "Order!" and calling for the bailiffs. The bloodied and bruised combatants being pulled apart and then someone looking around and asking, "Where's Sister Margaret?" and there she is lying still off to the side and shes isn't breathing.
    Brava!

Kittylady likes this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information