Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: "Nobody Is Going to Believe You": Bryan Singer's Alleged Victims Tell Their Stories

Anthony Rapp to Actors Who Work with Bryan Singer: You Are ‘Keeping a Predator in Power and Will Be Put on Blast’

JANUARY 26, 2019 BY ANDY TOWLE 61
    Actor Anthony Rapp, whose sexual assault allegations against Kevin Spacey in October 2017prompted dozens of others to come out with similar allegations which ultimately led to the destruction of Spacey’s career, is now coming for director Bryan Singer and those who work him.
    The Atlantic this week published a lengthy exposť containing fresh allegations of sexual assault by the X-Men and Bohemian Rhapsody director over a period of two decades.
    Avi Lerner, the producer of Singer’s next film Red Sonja, said the director would keep his job and $10 million paycheck in the wake of the exposť, calling it fake news.

Said Rapp in a tweet on Friday, referring to Red Sonja: “Any actor who agrees to work on this film is complicit in keeping a predator in power and will be put on blast.”
    View image on Twitter

Anthony Rapp
    @albinokid

Any actor who agrees to work on this film is complicit in keeping a predator in power and will be put on blast.

2:08 AM - Jan 25, 2019

5,016 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Rapp then began to respond to comments on Twitter, telling one user that he’s specifically referring to actors who have the luxury of choosing their roles: “I’m talking most specifically about actors who are in a position to choose their roles without worrying about paying their rent. Also: is there any line you would draw if you were to learn about a potential employer’s behavior? … As an actor I’m holding my fellow actors accountable. I’m also trying to hold producers, studios, agents, PR folks, etc accountable.”
    Dallas Barnett @DallasBarnett3

Jan 25, 2019

Replying to @albinokid @SophieAScruggs
    That's all well and good Anthony, and no disrespect intended, as I dig your work and the stones you have in standing up like this, but for all of us B and C list actors who turn down roles for this so we don't get 'put on blast..'..

who should we invoice for lost wages?

Anthony Rapp
    @albinokid

I’m talking most specifically about actors who are in a position to choose their roles without worrying about paying their rent. Also: is there any line you would draw if you were to learn about a potential employer’s behavior?

6:36 AM - Jan 25, 2019

18 people are talking about this

Dallas Barnett @DallasBarnett3

Jan 25, 2019

Replying to @albinokid @SophieAScruggs
    Thanks for clarifying sir, I agree he should never have been given this role while there are questions about all of this.
    Maybe put the producers/ studios who keep hiring him 'on blast' and not actors who may not have the privilege of turning down work where it comes. ~~>

Anthony Rapp
    @albinokid

As an actor I’m holding my fellow actors accountable. I’m also trying to hold producers, studios, agents, PR folks, etc accountable.

7:42 AM - Jan 25, 2019

See Anthony Rapp's other Tweets

Rapp then mentioned Bohemian Rhapsody: “I’m not conducting any sort of stain campaign against Bohemian Rhapsody. Although being fired 3 weeks before the end of shooting isn’t quite the same thing as “well before” the end of shooting…it’s difficult to entirely separate his presence from the film…I’m talking about the upcoming film. Now that this story has been published in the mainstream press and amplified, no one in the business can any longer claim ignorance.”
    Adam J. Yeend
    @AJYeend

Jan 25, 2019

Replying to @albinokid
    Agree. He should not be working. The stain campaign against Bohemian Rhapsody though sucks for everyone else who worked on the film. He was fired well before the film wrapped shooing, had nothing to do with post production; he was only credited as director because of DGA rules.

Anthony Rapp
    @albinokid

I’m not conducting any sort of stain campaign against Bohemian Rhapsody. Although being fired 3 weeks before the end of shooting isn’t quite the same thing as “well before” the end of shooting...it’s difficult to entirely separate his presence from the film.

1:57 PM - Jan 25, 2019

Gert Jan ● Waterink@GertJanWaterink

Jan 25, 2019

Replying to @albinokid
    That's why director Dexter Fletcher replaced Singer. You might mention that before calling everyone working on #BohemianRhapsody 'complicit'. And let's not treat Twitter as the new 'court of justice'. Proof is what counts

Anthony Rapp
    @albinokid

I’m talking about the upcoming film. Now that this story has been published in the mainstream press and amplified, no one in the business can any longer claim ignorance.

7:16 AM - Jan 25, 2019

Asked by a user if people should be innocent until proven guilty, Rapp responded: ‘I have friends who have witnessed his behavior for years. As have many many many people I don’t personally know. I believe them all, including these men who came forward and who have *nothing* to gain by doing so.’

FILED UNDER: ENTERTAINMENT, TOWLEROAD
    TAGGED WITH: ANTHONY RAPP, AVI LERNER, BRYAN SINGER, FILM, MOVIES, RED SONJA, SEXUAL ASSAULT
    Anthony Rapp to Actors Who Work with Bryan Singer: You Are 'Keeping a Predator in Power and Will Be Put on Blast' - Towleroad Gay News
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...r_breakingnews

FEBRUARY 11, 2019
    10:12am PT by Aaron Couch
    Bryan Singer's 'Red Sonja' Movie on Hold Amid Controversy

The director was accused of misconduct and rape in an 'Atlantic' exposť.
    Millennium Films is putting Red Sonja on hold amid renewed controversy surrounding director Bryan Singer.

Singer has not officially been removed as helmer of the film, but it is no longer on the company's slate and it is not being shopped at this year's European Film Market in Berlin, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Last month, The Atlantic published an investigative piece in which multiple new accusers claimed Singer raped them when they were underage. In the wake of the piece, Millennium Films CEO Avi Lerner released a controversial statement to THR in which he called the Atlantic article "agenda driven fake news." He also said he would allow Singer to continue as director.

The statement was widely criticized, and Lerner later told THR that crisis PR guru Howard Bragman had written the statement and Lerner said he OK'd it without reading it.

"I don't want to apologize. I just want to clarify [the statement]," Lerner told THR last month. "I think victims should be heard and this allegation should be taken very, very seriously. I just don't agree to judge by the Twitter. I want [the accused] to be judged by the court."

Red Sonja would have been in the $70 million to $80 million budget range, with up to a $10 million payday for Singer. The female-empowered story was expected to begin shooting in the spring in Bulgaria.

In the wake of the Atlantic exposť, a number of organizations have distanced themselves from Singer's latest directorial effort, Bohemian Rhapsody. Singer received credit on the pic, though he was fired weeks before production ended for issues unrelated to abuse claims.

GLAAD revoked its Bohemian Rhapsody award nomination, while Time's Up released a statement saying those who hire abusers "perpetuate a broken system that rewards powerful people and allows them to act without consequence."

Alex Ritman contributed to this story.

-----
    Trying to share this on my phone, so I hope it turns out all right.
    Waterslide likes this.
    wife: Why is your back all scratched up?
    [flashback to me chasing a raccoon after she told me to leave it alone]
    me: I'm having an affair (by @iwearaonesie
    on Twitter)

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Two things I want: Singer to finally get his comeuppance and no Red Sonja remake. The original was unashamed sand and sorcery cheese and no amount of tits, explosions and filler CGI could top it.
    Mrs P likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Red Sonja would have been in the $70 million to $80 million budget range, with up to a $10 million payday for Singer. The female-empowered story was expected to begin shooting in the spring in Bulgaria.
    Such a shame there are no women directors, who could approach this project with a unique, you know, female, perspective.
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; February 13th, 2019 at 02:51 PM.
    Kittylady, Mrs P and BrickHouse like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information