Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: No!!! David Canary, Star of 'All My Children' for Decades, Dies at 77

i watched AMC from beginning to end. When they cancelled it and put the new show The Chew on in their place, i wouldn't watch it. Still haven't. I can hold a grudge.

RIP
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Plus, "The Chew"? Nuh-uh. Not watching anything called The Chew. Still can't believe they got rid of AMC. That was shocking to me. All my shows are gone except DOOL. Thank goodness. But they are killing off big characters left and right.

I always found David Canary strangely handsome.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    My mom was a big soap fan, and I was sort of vaguely aware of all the ABC shows. ESPECIALLY Kim Delaney on All My Children, which was right before David Canary's show:
    Kim Delaney and David Canary were both on AMC. IIRC their stints on the show briefly overlapped.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The performance was good, but you could tell it was a soap, and they didn't have a lot of time, because all they would do when they needed "Stuart" was muss his hair and put a funny sweater on him.
    Yes! Of course, it was a soap, not a big budget movie. I have to give a lot of credit to the good soap actors. They do so much in so little time and Canary's acting as Stuart, Adam and Adam pretending to be Stuart…or Stuart pretending to be Adam… was very good and beyond what you typically get in the soap world. (Or did get in the soap world, since they've pretty much killed the soaps!)
    Gossip Junkie likes this.

Elite Member

I grew up watching AMC and loved it during my high school years and into my 20s. Still upset it's gone.
    He rocked playing twins it was more than just a change of clothes, they were two distinct characters.

MsDeb...somebody - please help out a soap fan. I stopped watching AMC about 1989 I think. I don't think I saw Brooke and Adam's marriage. Can't remember which husband Erica was on. This is my question: I did see the beginning of Stuart, I remember that evil witch Marion Colby having an affair with Tad (her daughter's boyfriend)! - how in the world did sweet Stuart become married to Marion?

I'm still and forever will be furious that they killed Mary Kennicot Martin!

from what i remember, Marian tried to get with Adam, but when she got into bed with who she thought was Adam, was Stuart. over time they fell in love.

Marian had the affair with Tad WAYYYY before that. way before.

and i was ultra pissed when they killed off Mary too.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

This is such sad news. I have watched All My Children since its inception and watched until it was replaced by that horrible " The Chew" . David Canary was such a brilliant actor in all of his scenes. RIP, sir((

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information