Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Nigella Lawson 'Recipe' Sparks Twitter Uproar

Add a bit of nutmeg next time.Burns fat and tastes good!
    greysfang and sluce like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Sorry Charlie. I've been putting that on waffles forever.
    I put peanut butter on my waffles with syrup last week.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

What type of toast are we all using here? One thing I noticed coming back to the states is that toast is sweet tasting compared to England. Throws me off.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

A*O

U.S. bread, even the "natural, healthy" stuff is FULL of sugar/HFCS. You only realise after you've been away from it for a while.
    McJag likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Or if you make your own like I do.
    A*O likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

Yes there is so much sugar and salt in shop made bread.

On topic - there is always a furor around NL's cookbooks as every cookbook she has ever launched has over 35% of the recipe's that do not work. They did a comparison of all the cookbooks and her recipe's came out bottom of the pack as her cakes and deserts didn't work and or the ingredients were the wrong measures and they were cooked by professional chefs. She is a fraud selling her over priced inedible schtick.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    U.S. bread, even the "natural, healthy" stuff is FULL of sugar/HFCS. You only realise after you've been away from it for a while.
    i know that's a sweeping generalization, but here (and in NY as well), there are a lot of artisan breads that are made by tiny local bakeries and sold in stores. amazing breads that are not sweet and do not use HFCS.

Semifreddis | Home

The Acme Bread Company -

we don't all eat drek like bitter's honey sandra lee ....
    A*O, sluce, witchcurlgirl and 1 others like this.

A*O

Local bakeries are good and I'm glad they survive against the supermarket behemoths. The huge supermarket "one stop shop" places don't really exist, although a big new Costco is opening very near me next week and I'm rather moist at the prospect I admit. Each suburb here has its own "village" shopping centre with a butcher, a green grocer, pharmacy, cafe, bakery etc. It makes shopping a little more time consuming but it does create a real sense of community and the bread/kryptonite is sensational.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

God, I love Costco. The first time I shopped there, I came home with a 30 pound bag of jasmine rice - lol.

Costco has the best mango salsa.
    sluce and stella blue like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I'm headed to Costco this morning. I love that place!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Local bakeries are good and I'm glad they survive against the supermarket behemoths. The huge supermarket "one stop shop" places don't really exist, although a big new Costco is opening very near me next week and I'm rather moist at the prospect I admit. Each suburb here has its own "village" shopping centre with a butcher, a green grocer, pharmacy, cafe, bakery etc. It makes shopping a little more time consuming but it does create a real sense of community and the bread/kryptonite is sensational.
    maybe i'm not making myself clear. the breads i mentioned can be bought at the source (the bakery) OR some supermarkets like safeway. and some of the semifreddi products are even available at costco.

i'm seeing (small) changes in what is available at our local supermarkets and i hope these improvements continue.

not everyone here is eating eggo waffles covered with HFCS, finished with a deep-fried butterfinger chaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    On topic - there is always a furor around NL's cookbooks as every cookbook she has ever launched has over 35% of the recipe's that do not work. They did a comparison of all the cookbooks and her recipe's came out bottom of the pack as her cakes and deserts didn't work and or the ingredients were the wrong measures and they were cooked by professional chefs. She is a fraud selling her over priced inedible schtick.
    I have all of her cookbooks and I cook from them regularly. I've never had a problem with anything not working. That never appeared to be a problem, either, for the many people who used to post on her forum, back in the days of her old website, or the countless people who blog her books and recipes. She's actually one of the more dependable cookbook authors out there.

There does seem to be a bit of a glitch when converting baking recipes from their original metric format, but that certainly isn't Nigella's fault. It can happen with any converted recipe. Professional chefs take that into consideration. It's pretty easy to make adjustments, even if you are a home cook. Her recipes generally aren't too complicated. She prefers to keep most things easy, which is why I like her so much. I'm kind of a lazy cook.
    A*O likes this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information