Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Nigella Lawson 'Recipe' Sparks Twitter Uproar

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    agree that kids like simple food.

kidding aside, sometimes i make pasta with a small spoonful of anchovies. but my kids won't eat that, either.
    I would eat the marmite before anchovies.
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    My youngest brother ate like that from early childhood. When he was about 12 and came home from summer sleep away camp tripe was the first meal he requested.

He was about 6 and ordered raw clams in a restaurant, the waiter was stunned. Like "are you sure?", and we assured the waiter the kid was serious

It's unusual, but it does make life easy on the parents when kids will eat anything.
    I took care of my nephew from a very young age because my sil worked nights as a sever. He was the best eater, fish,crabs, veggies. We went to dinner one night with friend and one of them ordered escargo and he insisted on getting some too because of the garlic smell, even when we told him it was snails. He was 5 or 6 at the time.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

One of my nieces was like that too, although she's gotten a bit fussier now she's older. She used to love to ask the waiters to make things extra spicy when she was like 4 or 5.
    sputnik likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

yeah. i wasn't fussy as a kid either and you guys know i'll eat almost anything but my godson takes it to the next level. his mom took him to the museum where they were having some special insect exhibit and there was a thing where a chef would cook bugs and kids and their parents could sample them and my 7 year-old godson tried all kinds of gross shit.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah. i wasn't fussy as a kid either and you guys know i'll eat almost anything but my godson takes it to the next level. his mom took him to the museum where they were having some special insect exhibit and there was a thing where a chef would cook bugs and kids and their parents could sample them and my 7 year-old godson tried all kinds of gross shit.

Maybe this is the new gen. My kids eat worm burgers. they have them at the supermarket where my mums shops. I am like sorry but you will be the one cooking that. Yep
    no issues at all. I tried the worm past and honesty its is not bad but just the thought...

sputnik and BITTER like this.

Well that's wonderful. When the world goes to hell, these kids won't starve. They'll forage and eat bugs.

Me? I'll live off my bodyfat. And A*O probably has shitloads of those Vegemite tubes.
    idunno and sputnik like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Time for an updated chart.
    kasippu and twitchy2.0 like this.

I didn't have a choice when I was younger as to what I ate. Eat or go to bed hungry. Simple enough. My SIL will make different meals for her four kids because they're picky. Like one will only eat foods that are white. If I had kids, I'd be like uhm, no.
    Beeyotch and Kittylady like this.

Right? Wtf. I can't see myself thinking that's ok in any way, shape or form. If you're hungry, you'll eat. All white or whatever food is just them pushing boundaries. You're doing them a disservice by giving in to that (assuming there's no real allergy or adverse reaction).
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Like one will only eat foods that are white. If I had kids, I'd be like uhm, no.
    Racist foodies!!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Right? Wtf. I can't see myself thinking that's ok in any way, shape or form. If you're hungry, you'll eat. All white or whatever food is just them pushing boundaries. You're doing them a disservice by giving in to that (assuming there's no real allergy or adverse reaction).
    And make yourself their slave! The only thing I don't make for my kids anymore is Bechamel. They compare everything with it l. 'You rather do maths homework or bechamel?" 'You rather clean your room or bechamel? Meaning my one That's how good a cook I am.
    sprynkles likes this.

My 5 year old daughter will eat anything as long as it's healthy. She loves broccoli, green beans, salmon, Brussels sprouts, etc. She will actively choose a healthy food over an unhealthy one.

Her brother is on the autism spectrum and definitely will not eat just anything. He has sensory issues, which causes lot of issues with food textures and flavors. I am not on the spectrum but I also have sensory issues and as a kid I had a big issue with textures as well. I was the pickiest eater as a kid and continue to be now. Even as an adult there are certain foods I cannot eat because the texture actually makes me gag. I don't eat pasta sauce, oils, milk, yogurt, many fruits, the list goes on and on. My texture issues even extend to walking on wet grass (can't do it, makes me physically ill).

I say these things because "eat it or be hungry" can be very problematic to people with sensory issues- for us, it's not that we don't *want* to try new or certain food, we *can't* due to weird brain wiring. My diet is extremely plain and boring because physically I can't stomach certain foods.
    sluce, sprynkles and Bombshell like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

^I am the same way with pudding and yogurt. Mashed taters can be problem if they are too runny.

On another note, I created a recipe this morning and think maybe I should get my own show so I can share it. I will share it with all of you. I toasted bread, took a table spoon of butter and drizzled it with some honey and cinnamon and mixed it together. Once properly mixed, I spread it on my toast. AMAZING!
    Mrs P likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^^^^
    sorry to disappoint you but according to my mother, my maternal grandmother (who i never met) already claimed to have invented that LOL
    she would whip the butter and honey though, and add a bit of cinnamon and then spread that on warm toasted bread.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    ^I am the same way with pudding and yogurt. Mashed taters can be problem if they are too runny.

On another note, I created a recipe this morning and think maybe I should get my own show so I can share it. I will share it with all of you. I toasted bread, took a table spoon of butter and drizzled it with some honey and cinnamon and mixed it together. Once properly mixed, I spread it on my toast. AMAZING!
    Sorry Charlie. I've been putting that on waffles forever.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Well I've been putting avocado on toast for years and Nigella got a whole show out of it! Hope you all know I was being sarcastic. My Mom served us honey cinnamon butter all my life.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information