Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nicole Kidman pregnant and drinking at the Oscars

Quote Originally Posted by jive View Post
    no, youre really not supposed to scoop kitty litter when youre pregnant for some reason.
    It puts you at risk for toxoplasmosis, of which cats are common carriers.

Toxoplasmosis: Cat litter and Pregnancy

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I don't know, I did just about everything I wasn't supposed to do, including eating scary cheese (yummy), having the occassional glass of wine and, well, pretty much anything you can think of and my little heathens, although occassionally riding the short bus to school, are basically ok.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Rosamund

I don't think the wine is an issue, but I was kind of surprised to read that a reporter from E Online said she was also taking taking puffs from Keith's cigarettes.

Maybe she's taking the Katie way to pregnancy.

Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Bronze Member

I don't think the wine is an issue, but I was kind of surprised to read that a reporter from E Online said she was also taking taking puffs from Keith's cigarettes.
    Rosamund can you tell me who said this or post a link? I don't want to have to read through Ted Casablanca to try and figure it out. You can't even use the on-page search for his gossip because he gives everyone ridiculous nicknames.

-edit- I see they do use the full names for celebrities, but I still can't understand what he's saying.

Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by celebitchy View Post
    Rosamund can you tell me who said this or post a link? I don't want to have to read through Ted Casablanca to try and figure it out. You can't even use the on-page search for his gossip because he gives everyone ridiculous nicknames.
    Here it is (I found it on the Nicole Kidman's Forehead blog):

Mike Evans reported from the Oscars - "What's up with pregnant Nicole Kidman drinking at the Oscars? Not only that, but taking puffs from her husband Keith Urban's cigarettes. Shouldn't she be keeping alcohol away from her addict husband?"
    E Online

edited to add:this came originally from the E message board.
    Last edited by Rosamund; February 27th, 2008 at 02:38 PM.

A*O

I know that Nicole is a heavy smoker - got to keep that skinny ass you know - so this doesn't surprise me. As others have said, it's one thing to "risk" a glass of wine when preggo, it's another to continue drinking when your husband is recovering (we hope) alcoholic. Maybe he's OK with it, but all the alcoholics I know really appreciate having a supportive partner who's willing to go on the wagon with them too.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I know that Nicole is a heavy smoker - got to keep that skinny ass you know - so this doesn't surprise me. As others have said, it's one thing to "risk" a glass of wine when preggo, it's another to continue drinking when your husband is recovering (we hope) alcoholic. Maybe he's OK with it, but all the alcoholics I know really appreciate having a supportive partner who's willing to go on the wagon with them too.
    I don't think a few sips of wine can hurt the baby, I wouldn't do it myself, but it's her choice. But drinking wine in front of a husband who's struggling with addiction, and having had a miscarriage in the past, I don't think it's a very smart thing to do

So she smokes and drinks, god that makes her seem almost normal.
    Jack I swear.

She knows if the baby is born with any defects she can turn to Tommy and the good folks at CO$ and they will fix it all for her.

With vitamins

I think it's hilarious that people (new media) I was was watching earlier made such a big deal out of it...yet the same "reporter" feels Britney Spears is a good mother.

Has Nicole's pregnancy been confirmed??

Yes, she's confirmed it that I know of.

Her publicist flat out denied it completely. Even called NYP gossip columnist Cindy Adams an idiot:

KIDMAN PUBLICIST BLASTS ALCOHOL REPORTS

Nicole Kidman's publicist has slammed reports the pregnant actress was spotted boozing backstage at the Oscars, insisting the star would never be so careless with her health.
    New York Post columnist Cindy Adams claimed Kidman was sipping wine at the Academy Awards on Sunday (24Feb08), and her report has fired up publicist Catherine Olim.
    Olim fumes, "Nicole Kidman most certainly did NOT drink white wine or any other alcoholic beverage backstage. She had water and lemon zinger tea. That's it. I know, I was there with her.
    "I cannot remember that last time that Cindy Adams got anything right. She's an idiot, and you can quote me."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information