Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nicole Kidman pregnant and drinking at the Oscars

that too - and experts on raising kids. I always hate advice on mothering mine from women who have no children themselves.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I also noticed the ones who scream the loudest of what a pregnant woman should do or not do are people with no kids of their own.
    I'm proud to be the exception. Party on Mamas!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    so far people are much more relaxed about these things in europe but i guess it's only a matter of time before the paranoid hysteria crosses the atlantic.
    ^We can only hope...

I don't care either way if she drinks a little during preggo time. I'm just glad she wasn't the guinea pig who housed Suribot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Here we go again. Another "if you eat or drink anything except bread and water during pregnancy your baby will DIE". Before the days of safe drinking water women drank alcohol (beer, wine) because that's all there was. And yet, here we all are many generations later fit, healthy and breeding like rabbits. If you don't want to drink when you are pregnant, fine. If you like an occasional glass of wine that's fine too. It's funny that the women who most strongly support a woman's right to choose about abortion are usually the same women who huff and puff about drinking the occasional glass of wine during pregnancy. That's a right to choose issue too IMO and nowhere near as fatal to the baby as abortion.
    Amen!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Elite Member

I could care less what someone does while pregnant, they are the ones that deal with the ramifications if their child is born with issues.

I think it's pretty bold to drink in front of your husband who you know struggles with addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I could care less what someone does while pregnant, they are the ones that deal with the ramifications if their child is born with issues.

I think it's pretty bold to drink in front of your husband who you know struggles with addiction.
    That's the first thing I thought. you'd think alcohol would be a definate no just because of Keith.

Who cares if she's preggers and dabbling with a bit of wine. I doubt it'll do anything. She probably didn't even drink the whole thing.

Quick Nicole wrap yourself in cotton wool and back in the bubble wit ye! No alcohol, no certain cheeses, no caffeine, no fish, too much mercury you know.. what else..? no touching the kitty pan!

It's amazing women have given birth for generations.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Quick Nicole wrap yourself in cotton wool and back in the bubble wit ye! No alcohol, no certain cheeses, no caffeine, no fish, too much mercury you know.. what else..? no touching the kitty pan!

It's amazing women have given birth for generations.
    Is that some new term for masterbation that I don't know about yet???
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Is that some new term for masterbation that I don't know about yet???
    no, youre really not supposed to scoop kitty litter when youre pregnant for some reason.

I doubt a glass of wine is a big deal during pregnancy but I also doubt Nicole was drinking. If I were pregnant I mostlikely would not have any drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Unless she downed a bottle she's probably fine having
    a few sips. I guess caffeine is the big thing now to
    also avoid while pregnant.
    I know no one will believe me, but caffeine would be illegal if it were just discovered, the FDA would never approve it for mass consumption in a million years.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

^^^
    yeah, but life would suck without morning coffee, alcohol, something to smoke every once in a while, etc...
    everything in moderation, kids...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Here we go again. Another "if you eat or drink anything except bread and water during pregnancy your baby will DIE". Before the days of safe drinking water women drank alcohol (beer, wine) because that's all there was. And yet, here we all are many generations later fit, healthy and breeding like rabbits. If you don't want to drink when you are pregnant, fine. If you like an occasional glass of wine that's fine too. It's funny that the women who most strongly support a woman's right to choose about abortion are usually the same women who huff and puff about drinking the occasional glass of wine during pregnancy. That's a right to choose issue too IMO and nowhere near as fatal to the baby as abortion.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

exactly!
    i'm so sick of the puritanical pregnancy inquisition brigade. i'm guessing these bitches have way too much free time on their hands and no life so they spend their times going after women that *shock* don't view pregnancy as some kind of disease and actually go about their normal lives, including drinking the odd glass of wine.
    so far people are much more relaxed about these things in europe but i guess it's only a matter of time before the paranoid hysteria crosses the atlantic.

Thanks guys. You saved me a shitload of typing

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It's like my doctor said, the medical association can't issue a blanket statement telling women it's OK to drink a glass of wine when you're pregnant because there is always someone out there who will think that means they can down 6 Red Bulls and Vodkas.

Want a cup of coffee or some wine...knock your socks off. Everything will be fine.

eh, the occassional glass of wine while pg is no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    I know no one will believe me, but caffeine would be illegal if it were just discovered, the FDA would never approve it for mass consumption in a million years.
    i want to say that they wouldn't approve it, but the fda can be bought. they'd totally approve it for the right amount of money. but, i do think that caffeine (and sugar/hfcs for that matter) is worse than/as worse as some illegal drugs.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Spot on A*O...especially the last part.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information