Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Nicole Eggert now working at ice cream truck - and general cheese chat

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    When I was a kid, I hated mac & cheese for some reason. Now I can't get enough...
    Its funnny how our tastes change. I eat lots of things I wouldn't touch as a kid.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Funnily enough I eat barely any of the foods I ate as a kid (because my diet was 95% meat) and the stuff I eat now would have made me cry if I'd been forced to eat it then. If my mother had told me one day I'd be pigging out on spinach and hommus every meal I would have had her committed. Although I did like cheese as a kid, but only the softest cheddar which I wouldn't even bother with now.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Mmm. Hummus.

Speaking of which....lunch was hummus and whole wheat pita, with carrot sticks and radishes....and a spinach salad with avocado, balsamic vinaigrette, kalamata olives and tons of feta. Mmmm feta.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Speaking of which....lunch was hummus and whole wheat pita, with carrot sticks and radishes....and a spinach salad with avocado, balsamic vinaigrette, kalamata olives and tons of feta. Mmmm feta.
    Before we had kids, I actually had the time (and inclination) to make my own hummus. I would take chick peas, and tahini and garlic (I forget what else) and put it in a blender. Then, stuff pita pockets of it with the hummus and vegetables. It was amazing. It was dirt cheap compared to buying hummus at the store. Good times.
    JazzyGirl and I'mNotBitter like this.

Late to the cheese conversation, but I generally don't like cheese... with the exception of goat cheese. Goat cheese! My god, I can't remember the last time I ate it, but when I was younger I used to buy blocks of it and just sandwich big hunks of the stuff between chunks of bell pepper and other veggies and fruits. I'd be left with the sticky crumbs all over my hands and face haha A restaurant near me makes a wild mushroom and goat cheese dish that would drive me crazy for days afterwards, just at the thought of it. I took my friend there once months ago and she ordered it (I was still attempting veganism so I didn't order it myself) and she still mentions it! Months and months later. Ugh, goat cheese

I only ever trying hummus for the first time this year. I'm not a picky eater, but for some reason chick peas always put me off--I just always saw them as beige and slimy lumps in salad bar bins. Didn't avoid it, but never ordered or bought it. My mind has been so changed now by kalamata and garlic hummus!
    JazzyGirl likes this.

I was at a food / gourmet fair yesterday evening. I came home with lots of cheese and alcohol. Big thing there was truffle. I bought a cheese with truffle for pastas or just to eat just like that.

and a cheese fondue with truffle. Wow!!!
    JazzyGirl and Beeyotch like this.
    -

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Now you bitches are making me wish we had some hummus in! That said, what the Bloke presented me with earlier was simple and delicious - toasted ciabatta that had been rubbed down with fresh garlic and then topped with sliced tomatoes, a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. He might not be able to manage anything complicated but what he does do he does well.
    faithanne, stef and Lobelia like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

If were going to talk about hommous it's only fair I bring up it's spiritual twin (on my sandwiches anyway) baba ganoush. Love that smoky eggplant flavour.

these two plus avocado are the reason I haven't bought butter or margarine in 20 years.
    JazzyGirl and Mrs P like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    If were going to talk about hommous it's only fair I bring up it's spiritual twin (on my sandwiches anyway) baba ganoush. Love that smoky eggplant flavour.

these two plus avocado are the reason I haven't bought butter or margarine in 20 years.
    i love baba ganoush! The place near me that served it has closed...store bought is just not good. Do you make it at home? How do u get that smokey flavor?

( wheat bread, toasted. Mashed avocado, little lemon juice, little salt. Poached or fried egg over all. To die for. Maybe grilled tomatoes if they are awesome,)

My sister's macaroni and cheese is legendary in our family. Her secret is to make it with half and half and a dash of sugar. It's very popular at funeral repasts.
    BoogsBun and sputnik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    i love baba ganoush! The place near me that served it has closed...store bought is just not good. Do you make it at home? How do u get that smokey flavor?
    I eat smoked eggplant alone with a little bit of salt. Love it! I didn't know that dish, I will have to try it.
    Once clean, place the eggplant over the stove burner and rotate it until it is really tender. You can use a baking sheet or wrap it with aluminum foil to prevent the juices from dripping. It could be messy otherwise.
    Last edited by palta; October 14th, 2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: my english suxor
    faithanne likes this.

Oh god, babaganoush is the best dip/spread/by itself ANYTHING by far. Love love love babaganoush.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Before we had kids, I actually had the time (and inclination) to make my own hummus. I would take chick peas, and tahini and garlic (I forget what else) and put it in a blender. Then, stuff pita pockets of it with the hummus and vegetables. It was amazing. It was dirt cheap compared to buying hummus at the store. Good times.
    That would be the most preferable way to eat it. Cheap and fresh homemade.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information