Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Nicole Eggert now working at ice cream truck - and general cheese chat

Off to make a turkey and Havarti grilled sammich with aioli. I love you mad people.

Feel free to post recipes.
    JazzyGirl and BITTER like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

A good macaroni and cheese recipe would be appreciated over here.
    Lobelia and dksnj like this.

It's one of those dishes that you can make a million ways. White cheddar, traditional yellow chedder, yellow american. You can use the kind of cheese you like.

Basics are- heat your oven to 350. Boil water and cook 1 lb macaroni. I like shells because the hold cheese but some people use elbows. While the macaroni cooks put 2 cups milk and about 4 tbl of butter in a sauce pan over med heat, then slowly add about a lb shredded of whatever cheese your using, (but keep some extra on hand in case you need more), stirring throughout until cheese melts. Strain macaroni, put in a casserole dish, pour on the cheese sauce, mix. (Some people like to top it with breadcrumbs). Put in the oven about 30 minutes, until it's bubbling. I like to then broil for a couple of minutes to melt the top brown and crunchy.

Its not hard, but it makes a few dirty pots/pans. You can play around with the sauce, add flour before the cheese if you want it very thick, some people add a little dried mustard. You can mix up the cheese if you don't want it traditional- Gruyere, pecorino Romano mix well with white cheddar
    sputnik, SHELLEE, Slushie and 6 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I have to stop eating cheese at night. It results in some weird dreams. After some sharp cheddar, I freaking had a dream I was in a relationship with Justin Bieber. Not cool.
    faithanne, stef, Belt Up and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    A good macaroni and cheese recipe would be appreciated over here.
    Do you have a crock pot? So easy, tasty and cheesy.

Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese Recipe - Allrecipes.com

count me as a member of the 'cheese makes life worth living' cult.
    in honour of this thread, i just had toast with this obscenely stinky and amazing "illegal" (non-pasteurised) cheese my mother smuggled back for me from portugal. it is heaven.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm having queso blanco and Triscuits for breakfast. Every time I click this thread I get up and eat cheese.
    sputnik, faithanne and JazzyGirl like this.

I get paid this arvo but I'm so broke I couldn't afford to buy cheese for my lunch wrap - it was either cheese or food for the cats and while I admit to being a selfish bitch who wouldn't think twice about depriving those little beasts for my own satisfaction, their constant yowling for food would be very tiresome for me. So no cheese today *sad face*
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

My weekend cheese activities consisted of me being a glutton and making a 3-cheese baked pasta: ricotta (to make the sauce extra rich), mozzarella (melted on top for bubbly goodness), and sprinkled parmesan to top it all off before serving.

My stomach let me know later that perhaps I overdid it.

Worth it.
    sputnik, BITTER, faithanne and 2 others like this.

There are 2 delicious looking cheeses in the fridge at work, one pepper and the other sun dried tomato. I'm going to find some crackers and attack!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    It's one of those dishes that you can make a million ways. White cheddar, traditional yellow chedder, yellow american. You can use the kind of cheese you like.

Basics are- heat your oven to 350. Boil water and cook 1 lb macaroni. I like shells because the hold cheese but some people use elbows. While the macaroni cooks put 2 cups milk and about 4 tbl of butter in a sauce pan over med heat, then slowly add about a lb shredded of whatever cheese your using, (but keep some extra on hand in case you need more), stirring throughout until cheese melts. Strain macaroni, put in a casserole dish, pour on the cheese sauce, mix. (Some people like to top it with breadcrumbs). Put in the oven about 30 minutes, until it's bubbling. I like to then broil for a couple of minutes to melt the top brown and crunchy.

Its not hard, but it makes a few dirty pots/pans. You can play around with the sauce, add flour before the cheese if you want it very thick, some people add a little dried mustard. You can mix up the cheese if you don't want it traditional- Gruyere, pecorino Romano mix well with white cheddar
    When I was a kid, I hated mac & cheese for some reason. Now I can't get enough...
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I'm starting to think that Nicole Eggert should be driving an artisan cheese truck instead of an ice cream truck. And selling casu marzu and other unpasteurized stuff out of a secret side panel.

Fuck NO to casu marzu. Sick. That's the only cheese I'm vehemently opposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Fuck NO to casu marzu. Sick. That's the only cheese I'm vehemently opposed to.
    Because it's cruel to worms?

Because
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information