Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 399
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Nicole Eggert now working at ice cream truck - and general cheese chat

  1. #106
    Elite Member Kathie_Moffett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    just another freak in the freak kingdom
    Posts
    6,957

    Default

    Off to make a turkey and Havarti grilled sammich with aioli. I love you mad people.

    Feel free to post recipes.
    JazzyGirl and BITTER like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

  2. #107
    Elite Member Slushie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    A good macaroni and cheese recipe would be appreciated over here.
    Lobelia and dksnj like this.

  3. #108
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,298

    Default

    It's one of those dishes that you can make a million ways. White cheddar, traditional yellow chedder, yellow american. You can use the kind of cheese you like.

    Basics are- heat your oven to 350. Boil water and cook 1 lb macaroni. I like shells because the hold cheese but some people use elbows. While the macaroni cooks put 2 cups milk and about 4 tbl of butter in a sauce pan over med heat, then slowly add about a lb shredded of whatever cheese your using, (but keep some extra on hand in case you need more), stirring throughout until cheese melts. Strain macaroni, put in a casserole dish, pour on the cheese sauce, mix. (Some people like to top it with breadcrumbs). Put in the oven about 30 minutes, until it's bubbling. I like to then broil for a couple of minutes to melt the top brown and crunchy.

    Its not hard, but it makes a few dirty pots/pans. You can play around with the sauce, add flour before the cheese if you want it very thick, some people add a little dried mustard. You can mix up the cheese if you don't want it traditional- Gruyere, pecorino Romano mix well with white cheddar
    sputnik, SHELLEE, Slushie and 6 others like this.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  4. #109
    Elite Member Mrs P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,929

    Default

    I have to stop eating cheese at night. It results in some weird dreams. After some sharp cheddar, I freaking had a dream I was in a relationship with Justin Bieber. Not cool.
    faithanne, stef, Belt Up and 2 others like this.

  5. #110
    Elite Member InigoMontoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Scaling the Cliffs of Insanity
    Posts
    1,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    A good macaroni and cheese recipe would be appreciated over here.
    Do you have a crock pot? So easy, tasty and cheesy.

    Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese Recipe - Allrecipes.com

  6. #111
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    53,670

    Default

    count me as a member of the 'cheese makes life worth living' cult.
    in honour of this thread, i just had toast with this obscenely stinky and amazing "illegal" (non-pasteurised) cheese my mother smuggled back for me from portugal. it is heaven.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  7. #112
    Elite Member Charmed Hour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    I'm having queso blanco and Triscuits for breakfast. Every time I click this thread I get up and eat cheese.
    sputnik, faithanne and JazzyGirl like this.

  8. #113
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    13,111

    Default

    I get paid this arvo but I'm so broke I couldn't afford to buy cheese for my lunch wrap - it was either cheese or food for the cats and while I admit to being a selfish bitch who wouldn't think twice about depriving those little beasts for my own satisfaction, their constant yowling for food would be very tiresome for me. So no cheese today *sad face*
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  9. #114
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    28,733

    Default

    My weekend cheese activities consisted of me being a glutton and making a 3-cheese baked pasta: ricotta (to make the sauce extra rich), mozzarella (melted on top for bubbly goodness), and sprinkled parmesan to top it all off before serving.

    My stomach let me know later that perhaps I overdid it.

    Worth it.
    sputnik, BITTER, faithanne and 2 others like this.

  10. #115
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    13,111

    Default

    There are 2 delicious looking cheeses in the fridge at work, one pepper and the other sun dried tomato. I'm going to find some crackers and attack!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  11. #116
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    24,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    It's one of those dishes that you can make a million ways. White cheddar, traditional yellow chedder, yellow american. You can use the kind of cheese you like.

    Basics are- heat your oven to 350. Boil water and cook 1 lb macaroni. I like shells because the hold cheese but some people use elbows. While the macaroni cooks put 2 cups milk and about 4 tbl of butter in a sauce pan over med heat, then slowly add about a lb shredded of whatever cheese your using, (but keep some extra on hand in case you need more), stirring throughout until cheese melts. Strain macaroni, put in a casserole dish, pour on the cheese sauce, mix. (Some people like to top it with breadcrumbs). Put in the oven about 30 minutes, until it's bubbling. I like to then broil for a couple of minutes to melt the top brown and crunchy.

    Its not hard, but it makes a few dirty pots/pans. You can play around with the sauce, add flour before the cheese if you want it very thick, some people add a little dried mustard. You can mix up the cheese if you don't want it traditional- Gruyere, pecorino Romano mix well with white cheddar
    When I was a kid, I hated mac & cheese for some reason. Now I can't get enough...
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

  12. #117
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    28,728

    Default

    I'm starting to think that Nicole Eggert should be driving an artisan cheese truck instead of an ice cream truck. And selling casu marzu and other unpasteurized stuff out of a secret side panel.

  13. #118
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    28,733

    Default

    Fuck NO to casu marzu. Sick. That's the only cheese I'm vehemently opposed to.

  14. #119
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    28,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Fuck NO to casu marzu. Sick. That's the only cheese I'm vehemently opposed to.
    Because it's cruel to worms?

  15. #120
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    28,733

    Default

    Because
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Florida ice cream truck driver charged with DUI
    By celeb_2006 in forum Crime and Punishment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 25th, 2011, 09:29 PM
  2. Nicole Eggert [Actress]
    By Femmefatale in forum Hot Women
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: February 26th, 2010, 10:50 AM
  3. Cream Cheese Potato Soup
    By southernbelle in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
  4. Bay shrimp and cream cheese on a croissant
    By chatterweb in forum Recipes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 9th, 2006, 11:53 PM
  5. Cream Cheese and Crab Wontons
    By SVZ in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 28th, 2005, 11:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •