Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree672Likes

Thread: Nicole Eggert now working at ice cream truck - and general cheese chat

Smoked gouda is the bomb. I can eat a whole wheel in one sitting.
    InigoMontoya likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I love sharp white cheddar and Brie...

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    how are they obscene? do you shape them with cookie cutters from this place?

Hot Cookie - Castro - San Francisco, CA | Yelp
    Um, no!!!

I mean grilled cheese sandwiches like this:

With 3 or 4 different types of cheeses.
    sprynkles, czb, Beeyotch and 5 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Nothing wrong with it at all. Just that I would have zero self-control if I worked with cheese because I love it so much.

So, so much. I just got into a spat with a friend on FB who was extolling the virtues of a vegan cheese shop opening soon (named Vromage, so the name alone opened it up for ridicule.) I was like, GTFO that's not cheese and I *SERIOUSLY* doubt it tastes good!! I took it as an affront to cheese's good name.

My daughter needed to take a bag of shredded cheese to school once for a class potluck (they were having tacos). While we were looking for one, we noticed there was one in particular that was much cheaper than the others, and wondered why. I picked it up and read the label, and she and I were a little horrified to see that it was artificial cheese, and we both immediately thought "How do you even make artificial cheese, and what is it made of?!? Eww!".

Haloumi! Just had to get that in.

I have one friend who always manages to pop around when I'm "cooking cheese" - or at least he thought it was a euphemism, the first time he told me he was swinging by and I said fine, I'm just cooking some cheese. When he arrived he was expecting to find a meth lab set up in my kitchen, but I was actually frying up slices of haloumi. Now whenever we suspect anyone is doing something dodgy, we say "cooking cheese again?"
    Shinola and JazzyGirl like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Cheese is high in fat, unless you go for the skim variety. Regular cheese, eaten in moderation, is not bad for you at all. But when you eat it on pizzas, tacos, burgers and stuff, it gets dicey. And let me tell you about my obscene grilled cheese sandwiches...
    I'm not a big believer in fat causing you to be overweight. I think its the sugar and carbs. They've already backed off on eggs and fat causing high cholesterol and all that and are now leaning towards it being caused by sugar. That's what I keep to a minimum, sugar and especially empty calories. There's good nutrition in cheese.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Maybe ice cream isn't her bag. I'm a fat fattie but sweets are not my weakness, I could work around ice cream and not sample the wares.

Pizza place or cheese shop, however...
    My first thought was pretty much word for word the same. I rarely ever buy sweets for the house now that the kids are gone.
    I hope Nicole makes a good living doing this. Maybe she's also dealing.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'm not a big believer in fat causing you to be overweight. I think its the sugar and carbs. They've already backed off on eggs and fat causing high cholesterol and all that and are now leaning towards it being caused by sugar. That's what I keep to a minimum, sugar and especially empty calories. There's good nutrition in cheese.
    This. When items are processed to remove the fat that is satiating, chemicals and HFCS are added to replace the satiation factor/taste from real fat. The body can't recognize the chemicals and has a hard time with HFCS so it stores that as fat, rather than putting it to good metabolic use like naturally occuring fats are used by the body (and we need some to cushion vital organs and bones). I'm not an expert by any means, just have read this in many articles over the years after the low-fat trend was debunked. I think I read some scholarly article that people tend to eat more of reduced calorie foods because "hey! It's low in fat!" I'm certainly not a clean eater but have noticed a difference in how I feel and hunger levels by trying to eat real stuff instead of 2% cheeses.

Oh, and cheese. Wonderful cheese. Shame to mess with such great stuff by taking the fat out.
    JazzyGirl and Butterfly like this.

My MIL buys blocks of Walmart "cheese product". So gross. It's this bright, not found in nature orange color. I refuse to taste test it.

I love a nice fresh buffalo mozzarella with sliced romas drizzled with a good extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic.

Cheese makes life worth living.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Amen.

Also, I love how this Nicole Eggert ice cream thread turned into an ode to cheese. *stamp of approval*
    BITTER, JazzyGirl and greysfang like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My other half is a cheese freak. I need an alarm on the fridge because I go in there for something else and see that the block of cheese has teethmarks in it or a corner has been broken off (don't ask me why but that pisses me off more than the teethmarks). Any kind, from plain old cheddar to that horrible runny shit, he'll devour it all. I don't even ask what he wants on his packed lunch sandwiches any more because it's always the same answer - cheese and piccalilli.

Now me, I can live without cheese quite happily. I could go 12 months without eating it and not be bothered in the slightest, but don't ever leave me alone with a packet of crisps and still expect them to be there in five minutes. Om nom nom!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

When a nutritionist told me I needed to get off my crazy vegan diet and start eating cheese for Vitamin B, that was the best day ever.
    Last edited by faithanne; October 6th, 2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: I don't know my vitamins
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I need some Brie and some Wasa crisps...right now.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

czb

i had some local brie and a seeded baguette earlier. yummmmm
    BITTER and JazzyGirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i had some local brie and a seeded baguette earlier. yummmmm
    Oh, let me smell your breath please .
    chartreuse likes this.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information