Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: Nicolas Cage Seeks Annulment 4 Days After Marrying Girlfriend Erika Koike

Elite Member

Now I have the creepy Con Air “he’s got the whole world in his hands” banging around my head ...

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Vampire's Kiss. If you haven't seen it, you are being cruel to yourself. The most absurdly hilarious shit I've seen.

I love Face/Off because of how hilarious I find it. Nic Cage is hysterical in that movie. As far as his acting ability, imo he's given a couple good performances, and a whole lot of shitty ones, lol.

palta and weathered1 like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

He's a fruit loop.

(also wish I understood the ping pong / table tennis bar thing)
    Beeyotch, Waterslide and SHELLEE like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    To be fair hismarriages have lasted years other than to Lisa Marie and there were two opposing motives for this - CO$ wanted him & he wanted to be married to Elvis’ Daughter.....

It could have been so much worse. [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
    Thanks for clearing that up. I skimmed over the article.
    Novice likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I remember "Vampire's Kiss". It really is an epic example of an actor chewing the scenery, but I kind of like it. In parallel, it's a psychological study in the mental breakdown of the lead character. It also doesn't hurt that it has Jennifer Beals, Kasi Lemmons, and Maria Conchita Alonso in it. The movie was further immortalized when some woman sent a picture of Cage's "Oh, Really???" face to a potential employer, instead of her resume. I think I laughed for 5 minutes straight when I first read about it.

Cage has been in a lot of schlocky movies that I will watch again and again if they happen to be on cable. Examples are "Knowing", "Season of the Witch", "Sorcerer's Apprentice", "National Treasure", "Windtalkers", "Face Off", and "The Rock". "The Rock" is a masterpiece of an action movie. I don't know what I think of Cage as an actor, but that guy puts 200% of himself into every role.

There is one movie out there that I was really looking forward to watching that truly was just horrible. It was "USS Indianapolis - Men of Courage". Along with Cage were a very rehabby-looking Tom Sizemore, Thomas Jane, and James Remar. The special effects were so horrible, though, that I turned it off after about 10 minutes.
    ManxMouse likes this.

I can't believe no one has mentioned "Peggy Sue Got Married" and Nic Cage's weird voice in it...I have to admit, I actually like this movie, lol!
    Trixie, MsDark, Waterslide and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    And we're supposed to worry allowing gay marriage will make a mockery of the institution?
    Andy Cohen will eff that up for us...just give him time.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I can't believe no one has mentioned "Peggy Sue Got Married" and Nic Cage's weird voice in it...I have to admit, I actually like this movie, lol!
    I was just getting ready to mention it! He was awful, and horribly miscast.
    czb likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I loved Moonstruck, and loved him in the role, but he was weird in that, too. It was just appropriate weird.
    czb, MsDark, Kittylady and 5 others like this.

I have a soft spot for nicolas cage even if he is absolutely ridiculous. He’s fucking insane and has made more bad movies than pretty much anyone I can think of, despite being incredibly talented when he wants to. Which these days seems to be never.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I actually love him and hate him. He's hilarious. And about half the time unintentionally.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I forgot, I liked him in Con Air.
    "Puuut the buuuunny dowwwwn" makes me (unintentionally) lol every time.

And Steve Buscemi stole every scene he was in.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    He's a fruit loop.

(also wish I understood the ping pong / table tennis bar thing)
    I think A*O referred to one of Nic's wives as a cocktail waitress and Manx responded that maybe we shouldn't reduce that wife to being a cocktail waitress at a ping pong bar and A*O countered that by asking what she said that wasn't true since the wife was a cocktail waitress and joked that maybe Manx had taken issue with her calling it ping pong rather than table tennis. That's what I put together last night after two beers and a Manhattan anyway.

I thought Alice Kim was a sushi waitress/cocktail waitress, so the ping pong bar was a bit of a curve ball for me, and I guess this one is a makeup artist which I find terrifying because I kind of find her whole aesthetic terrifying.

Has no one mentioned Valley Girl?

I even liked The Weather Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Rohhkg-7k
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

A*O

I’ve always liked schmaltzy City Of Angels. Sentimental goo but everyone needs a tear jerker sometimes.
    He’s done a lot more movies than I realised. He did OCD wacko very well in Matchstick Men and who could forget Windtalkers and Ghost Rider.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Waterslide- Have you been at the vodka again? Or is my blood/alcohol level wrong? I found that cocktail-ping-pong difficult to follow.....

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. I skimmed over the article.
    I thought afterwards that 6 years might not be a long time to someone who had been with their SO a long time, but I figured in Hollywood-years (kind of like dog years but longer) it was a reasonable time??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information