Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Nick Cassavetes Says Incest Isn't A Big Deal

As long as the persons involved are consenting adults and neither of them is in a weak position (where they could be conditioned to consent), I don't think that incest should be illegal.
    I don't think that the rate of incestual relationships would be much bigger if it were made legal, so I don't think that the problem of disabled children due to incest would change at all.

That said, I wouldn't compare incest to gay marriage, or mention gay relationships in any way (wtf has being gay to do with incest?) - this is because the word "incest" has a very strong negative connotation and I am sick of people mentioning gay relationships whenever something bad that has to do with sex or relationships is mentioned.

eva

All I can think of is VC Andrews's Flowers In The Attic!
    Insert witty line here

it's one of those things that's icky and totally taboo but that i don't think governments have any business legislating. as long as people don't have kids, i don't really care if they want to spend their lives shagging their siblings.

also, i wonder if nick cassavetes has learned how to direct decent movies yet? i still fucking hate him for 'the notebook' and after that monumental piece of shit, he shouldn't be allowed to use his late, great father's last name.
    chartreuse likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ don't forget my sisters keeper.....
    chartreuse likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ don't forget my sisters keeper.....
    fuck, what is it with him and making movie versions of horrendous, cheeseball, badly-written, embarrassing, and of course wildly popular fiction?
    i'm surprised he didn't do 'the help'.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I am with Nikkidrea except when the incest involves a parent and child - even an adult child to a certain point. The power issues in a parent child relationship makes it hard for it to ever be a mature adult relationship on equal footing.
    nana51 and dexter7 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Incest is just wrong imo. And you can never be sure kids won't be produced from the relationship. I don't agree with 20 years in jail though, that's absurd.

fgg

I find it disgusting in general but I'd have to assume that some weirdness would have gone on as kids, prior to being consenting adults. I don't think you wake up at 18 attracted to your brother and ok with incest for the first time.
    Posted from my iPhone
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Hmmmm, I wonder what Mackenzie Phillips would have to say about Nick's statement...
    eva and kasippu like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!Ē Anonymous Introvert

Young girls often have a little crush on their older brothers, but when you grow up in the same household you end of thinking of your brother as an icky loud, belching, farting machine and it loses all sexual appeal. Take two siblings raised apart, it wouldn't be unusual for them to meet and have a sexual attraction. It is considered bad because of the complications that can arise from having children together. I don't agree under any circumstances with incest between a parent and child as that presents a whole other set of problems. Many of my girlfriends had crushes on my brother. He was very good looking but familiarity does breed contemp for most siblings.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    Young girls often have a little crush on their older brothers, but when you grow up in the same household you end of thinking of your brother as an icky loud, belching, farting machine and it loses all sexual appeal. Take two siblings raised apart, it wouldn't be unusual for them to meet and have a sexual attraction. It is considered bad because of the complications that can arise from having children together. I don't agree under any circumstances with incest between a parent and child as that presents a whole other set of problems. Many of my girlfriends had crushes on my brother. He was very good looking but familiarity does breed contemp for most siblings.
    Not for Shirley Maclaine!

Default WoW

Just wow...

mjw
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

also, i wonder if nick cassavetes has learned how to direct decent movies yet? i still fucking hate him for 'the notebook' and after that monumental piece of shit, he shouldn't be allowed to use his late, great father's last name.
    His late father's name is the only reason he is working in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    I have seen a documentary about this before. Conclusion was the same

"Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information