Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Next Top Model Judge Hospitalized after Twitter Bullying Leads to Suicide Attempt

How sad. Sounds like she was never able to get her demons under control. Depression is a bitch.

I'm shocked, how sad, I thought she was doing ok.

A*O

There was always more to this than a few Internet trolls being mean. She was obviously very fragile mentally so this isn't a total shock but it's still very sad to be so desperate you think there's only one way out. RIP
    Belt Up and Voodoo Child like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

This is a shame. Agree that it has very little to do with twitter bullies, though I'm sure it didn't help matters that she couldn't seem to stay away from it.

Very sad situation all the way around.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

This literally hurts my heart.

RIP Charlotte....

I think there should be a show that finds these people (like @Anonanonson) and confronts them (in a non-confrontational/non-hostile manner) and asks them why they feel the need to say/write those types of horrific things to people (famous or not) . And offer them help/therapy and show them how their actions are really affecting the people they are bullying.

Like MTV's Catfish, but for bullies.... far-fetched idea, I know..... but hearing/reading about bullying, and about children and adults that are taking their own lives (with bullying being a major factor along with their fragile mental states) , it breaks my heart.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Too bad she couldn't just retire to a nice peaceful place in the country and heal away from showbiz and social media.
    She was tweeting a day before apparently.
    On top of deep depression being addicted to Twitter even after the grief it gave her before doesn't make sense to me.
    But RIP Charlotte and it's very sad that she couldn't find an alternative to this.

BTW don't know the timing of it, but it might explain Leannes tweet pic of the random Suicide Blonde t-shirt?

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

A*O

How about cancelling your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram account? Works a treat and the world keeps on spinning believe it or not - and maybe you won't kill yourself either.

I really worry about the negative effects of social media generally on vulnerable people or even on otherwise sane, intelligent people who don't seem to be able to function without it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

She could've easily closed her social media account but her personal struggles came from a number issues, especially with her past relationship with Scott Miller. I didn't see his interview on 60 minutes last week, but apparently that didn't help her current emotional state.

Just last week I saw a documentary about an English radio host, who found himself with a relentless bully/online stalker. Nothing he did could stop the guy, even tracking him down and confronting the wanker, who of course got all butt-hurt over being on TV. One of the problems the doco focussed on was the lack of support that Twitter, Facebook etc have for cyber-bullying.

Charlotte must have been tortured by this situation and obviously it's easy for us all to say we'd just delete our accounts, which I agree with, but she had other problems that compounded her situation. I hope that some good can come from this and hope that social media sites can look at taking some responsible action to stop this shit from happening to everyone, not just celebrities and not after someone dies.

RIP.
    [On Terry Richardson] "Dude is like a human version of a white, windowless van...." ~ Michael K.

Damn. That's just sad.
    Jazzy likes this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    There was always more to this than a few Internet trolls being mean. She was obviously very fragile mentally so this isn't a total shock but it's still very sad to be so desperate you think there's only one way out. RIP
    You wrote exactly what I was thinking.
    eta now Leann Rimes is SWF an Australian top model judge after her suicide? Oh my the LR conspiracies are whack.
    Mel1973 likes this.

Well shit.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I don't know who she is but agree with those who say she should have gotten off social media. But, it is not that easy to make good decisions while dealing with mental health issues.

I'm waiting for Leann to now use this poor woman as her new cause in promoting why celebs should sue the cyber bullies. I'm sure they were best friends in leann's eyes. LOL
    Kittylady likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

This is so sad. Of course she should have stayed away from Twitter and all the negative remarks. But as a fellow sufferer of depression, I can truly say that when one is in the depths of despair, one tends to gravitate to all things negative. It's as though the need for confirmation of one's worthlessness is more important than anything. Perhaps she couldn't stay away from this nastiness because it simply reinforced how she truly felt about herself-when she was at her lowest point. It's such a waste.
    cheray, Mrs P, sluce and 4 others like this.

I also think that sometimes social media can help when one is feeling low. I, too suffer bouts of depression - and sometimes one little compliment, even a "like" or retweet, or coming here and taking about nonsensical gossip with you guys... gives me a much needed smile and takes my mind off things...

I definitely agree there is a delicate balance with social media, and if it is doing more harm than good, especially to people with fragile mental states, then steps need to be taken (both in a personal-use sense, and in a general sense) so it doesn't effect a person/people so much they feel that extreme action is the only answer to stopping the negativity.

I hope that made sense.
    Sarzy, sparkles, Mrs P and 2 others like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information