Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Next Top Model Judge Hospitalized after Twitter Bullying Leads to Suicide Attempt

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    what i don't like is that the article makes it sound like the hate came from 9gag and i don't think that's fair. i visit that site often and it's just full of harmless memes and funny pictures. if some troll tweets shit #gossiprocks that doesn't mean GR is responsible for their behavior, either.
    It probably isn't 9gag users responsible for tweets like these:

@MsCharlotteD Kill yourself you putrid piece of shit. 9gag never forgives!
    There's some stupid troll war going on between 4chan and 9gag. Tweets like the above are more likely - in my opinion - to be from a 4chan member. Because Charlotte Dawson was re-tweeting the trolling tweets, she unfortunately made it an easy way to troll both her and 9gag.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Countdown until Leanne jumps on this...
    And isn't that the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Twitter is so unnecessary and these celebs, and others, who use it to post their every passing thought, should expect backlash. It, along with facebook, are the devil! Now get off my yard!
    Especially when their PR could manage it for them like a lot of celebs.

Srly, she could've blocked the trolls (probably a full time job in itself), but if LeAnn cites this I hope that the judge in that case (if it gets that far) also considers the aka accounts that she has/had and her own actions in bullying other twitter users.

I hope that this woman gets proper psych care are recovers well.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Bronze Member

These Twitter bullies reminds me of high school all over again, do people ever grow up?

If grown up celebrities are dealing with this type of "cyber-bullying" this way, imagine how hard it is for a kid in school.

I feel bad for people being being bullied and this group of people, 4chan or 9gag, sound like horrible people. Calling a kids parents and harassing them for a year after he committed suicide. What the fuck is wrong with people?
    Cali and ariesallover like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn5561 View Post
    These Twitter bullies reminds me of high school all over again, do people ever grow up?
    No.

When you're an adult it's called "office politics", but it's really about nasty old bitches bullying the others.
    SHELLEE, Kittylady, yanna and 2 others like this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    There's a certain type of masochistic person who just cannot resist checkin on what's being said about them, even if they know it's nasty. It's easy enough to avoid so my sympathy is limited.
    I totally agree. Close the crap down. I don't feel the slightest sympathy.

She seems to have a lot of issues and a need for attention, but is harmless and seems nice enough. What they said to her is really horrible and nobody ever deserves that, it's never okay to say those things imo. I hope she is okay.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Well call me cynical but it appears that Dawson just co incidentally has a book that is due for release. Gee who saw that coming?

Anyway, here there is video at this link of Dawson who appeared on 60 minutes here and who has been doing interviews only hours after being released from her hospital stay.....

Dawson opens up about cyber-bullying

Call me a heartless bitch, but for some reason Dawson doesn't ping my sympathy meter.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

isn't Dawson a little too old to still give a shit about stuff like this?
    Beeyotch likes this.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

What they said to her was really horrible and nobody can ever deserve that. I imagine hearing that you should die, go commit suicide like your fiance, etc would be hard for even the strongest person.

That said, Charlotte Dawson is a total fame ho. Total attention seeker/narcissist but this still shouldn't have happened to her. Not surprised about the book and fast interviews.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

A*O

She checked herself out of hospital in order to go to her 60 Minutes pity party and then checked back in again. Like most famewhores she has a massive ego yet can't deal with a few "mean" comments by strangers on the Internet. Hey Charlotte it's easy - don't read them.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I think there's been a little wave in the UK recently of celebs deleting their twitter accounts because of unpleasant tweets.

Celebs love twitter for the ease it allows fans to bathe them in flattery. Unfortunately, it opens them up for the nasty stuff too. That's life in the cyberworld.

A*O

She's out of hospital and back on Twitter for HOURS a day checking on what people are saying about her. She's been told to lay off but just can't keep away. Dumb twat.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^ She really is like LeAnn; a desperate need for attention/fame/infamy and can't stay away from the online drama.

Default Charlotte Dawson found dead in Sydney home

Former model Charlotte Dawson has been found dead in her Sydney home this morning.

The popular television presenter is understood to have been discovered by a security guard. Police were called to Dawson's home in Woolloomooloo at 11.18am and there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding her death. Fashion designer and fellow judge on Australia's Next Top Model Alex Perry expressed sadness over the news of Dawson's death.
    "We lost a beautiful, bright, shining girl today," Perry's tweet said.

The 47-year-old had long battled depression. Close friend and Daily Telegraph journalist Jonathan Moran tweeted his respects at hearing the news. "RIP to a very dear friend," Moran's tweet read.
    In September 2012 the New Zealand-born Dawson was pushed to edge of suicide when a barrage of personal tweets and attacks were aimed at her, taunting her to kill herself.
    Dawson stayed up until 2.07am, defending herself against her trolls who "kept going, and going and going". Dawson sent out her final tweet for the night, writing "you win x" along with a picture of her hand holding tablets, adding "Hope this ends the misery".

Charlotte Dawson opens up about her abortion, her struggle with mental illness and the night she ended up in hospital after her recent run-in with vicious internet trolls.

After 3am an ambulance arrived at her home and she was taken to Sydney's St Vincent's Hospital.
    "Have you ever gone up to someone on the street and said that to them?" Dawson wondered in 60 Minutes interview after her recovery. "No-one would do that to anybody," Dawson said.
    On Twitter, as a judge on Top Model, or in her appearances on shows like Celebrity Apprentice, Dawson was never one told hold back her opinions.
    At times, her attacks were vicious and her opinions obtuse, but her war with a Twitter troll army was too much and Dawson attempted to take her own life — but it was not the first time.
    Dawson had battled depression for more than a decade, something she revealed in an interview in 2012.

September 03, 2012: TV personality Charlotte Dawson says she will never give up the fight against bullying, after becoming the victim of a vicious campaign on Twitter.

"When you work in a public environment like the media, you do have to have a thick skin," Dawson said.
    "And no matter what you do, people are still going to hate you just because they think you're ugly or because they don't like the sound of your voice."
    Readers seeking support and information about suicide prevention can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467.

Charlotte Dawson found dead in Sydney home
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information