Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Newsflash: Mischa Barton is a woman with cellulite

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    I'm sorry but I call BS on that last statement...I can tell you right now that my girlfriend has zero cellulite on her. I'm NOT saying that she is Ms. Fitness America but she just has never had it. I believe that with her ALOT has to do with genetics...her mother is actually a heavy set woman but still has zero cellulite...big but firm legs. so not EVERY woman has it
    Lucky!
    I'd rather be larger with no cellulite than skinnier with it. I think cellulite is what makes "fat" look so bad.
    And yes, I have plenty of it, unfortunately.

Some women have it, some don't. If you do have it, you may never get rid of it no matter how hard you work out or healthy you eat. Doesn't bother me though. One of the most celebrated beauties of our time, Sofia Loren, got it when she was in her twenties and Cary Grant was ready to give his left nut just to be with her. But that was a different time before douch-baggery became prevalent. It's just skin....geez
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

We've only recently made this a problem. With photoshop, the hypersexualization of youth, the obsession with perfection, the strange and gross obsession and perceived "need" for plastic surgery, with an ideal that cannot ever, ever be achieved.....We've made it nearly unbearable to be a woman in this world. You can't have any character in your face, you can't have any fat on your body whatsoever--anything that isn't deemed "perfect" is a "flaw." And these flaws, what are they? What? Who cares?

I love beauty--I'm a cosmetics junkie--and believe in taking good care of yourself. But this expectation of all women to be HOT! (by certain standards) and PERFECT! is disgusting and sick.

Mischa's got worse problems than cellulite: Drugs, a DUI, and lack of talent.

Edited to add:

You'd be surprised who has it.
    The Celebrity Condition: Cellulite
    Last edited by Lily; May 8th, 2008 at 10:12 AM.

Elite Member

If that is "FIT" then I would be very very afraid to see "UNFIT"
    I'm sorry but I call BS on that last statement...I can tell you right now that my girlfriend has zero cellulite on her. I'm NOT saying that she is Ms. Fitness America but she just has never had it. I believe that with her ALOT has to do with genetics...her mother is actually a heavy set woman but still has zero cellulite...big but firm legs. so not EVERY woman has it

First off, cellulite is not about being fit or unfit. It is a circulation issue! (look it up) You have to fix the problem from the inside with vitamins, proper diet, etc. Working out does help minimize it, and no external cream is ever going to work. All they do is 'puff' the skin up to make it appear that you have less. Cellulite appears on women who are 100lbs and 200lbs. It is not the same kind of fat that makes you pudgy. It is purely fat that gets trapped and pushes against the connective tissue thus the dimpling effect if you have thinner skin.....Dry brushing in the morning before your shower helps circulate the body and gets the blood flowing.

Sorry, but I have issue with people speaking and not knowing the facts, and others that think cellulite is the end all or you are unhealthy if you have it - that's such BS. I'd rather have a few lumps than be dealing with other life threatening issues.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    First off, cellulite is not about being fit or unfit. It is a circulation issue! (look it up) You have to fix the problem from the inside with vitamins, proper diet, etc. Working out does help minimize it, and no external cream is ever going to work. All they do is 'puff' the skin up to make it appear that you have less. Cellulite appears on women who are 100lbs and 200lbs. It is not the same kind of fat that makes you pudgy. It is purely fat that gets trapped and pushes against the connective tissue thus the dimpling effect if you have thinner skin.....Dry brushing in the morning before your shower helps circulate the body and gets the blood flowing.

Sorry, but I have issue with people speaking and not knowing the facts, and others that think cellulite is the end all or you are unhealthy if you have it - that's such BS. I'd rather have a few lumps than be dealing with other life threatening issues.
    thank you!!! I am so tired of people treating this like some life-threatening condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    We've only recently made this a problem. With photoshop, the hypersexualization of youth, the obsession with perfection, the strange and gross obsession and perceived "need" for plastic surgery, with an ideal that cannot ever, ever be achieved.....We've made it nearly unbearable to be a woman in this world. You can't have any character in your face, you can't have any fat on your body whatsoever--anything that isn't deemed "perfect" is a "flaw." And these flaws, what are they? What? Who cares?

I love beauty--I'm a cosmetics junkie--and believe in taking good care of yourself. But this expectation of all women to be HOT! (by certain standards) and PERFECT! is disgusting and sick.

Mischa's got worse problems than cellulite: Drugs, a DUI, and lack of talent.

Edited to add:

You'd be surprised who has it.
    The Celebrity Condition: Cellulite
    Here, here! *applause* No wonder depression has become rampant in women. Sometimes it really does feel unbearable to be a less than perfect woman.

I feel bad for her, as I have it like her too. You can diet and exercise like crazy and it just won't go away. Many plastic surgeons refuse to do cellulite reduction procedures especially on the rear and glute/ham tie in. I don't see why they can't, a few I inquired with won't do it. Hopefully one day a permanent solution can be found instead of the 'works for some people' deep tissue machine treatments available.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ya know I dont care why she has cottage cheese under her skin. She does and its hilarious, I find her to be a trifling drunk driving skank, so if she doesnt want pix of the cottage cheese platter all over the tabloids, she should dress appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by potato_chips View Post
    How do you get cellulite? Is it hereditary or something?
    If and how bad is often dictated by genetics other factors like how much bodyfat you have (skinny fat applies here too) and how it's distributed, the evil estrogen and how your body interacts with it and how much water, caffeine and soda one drinks.

Cellulite is blind it plagues all sorts of sized people.

If I gain body fat some dimpling on the backs of my thighs will start to show it makes the treadmill more appealing and pizza and BBQ less if you know what I mean.

That's great advice, I've been dry brushing for years for different reasons, I highly recommend it.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

So what? She's thin and has cellulite. Better than being overweight or obese and having cellulite.

I kinda love how the debate goes that big people can still be healthy even though they have excess fat, but Mischa, a reasonably slim woman has cellulite and isn't healthy?

Ha ha. Whatever. Looks fine to me. Though I think it's interesting that the media and advertising market do have an effect on women, they promote an unrealistic 'ideal' that some women try to aspire to. Finally we see one of these former 'it' girls who has cellulite and she's supposed to lose it, fix it, hide it? Women sure are interesting, hypocritical creatures.

Edited: What I was trying to get at Lily.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
    I used to have Mischa's body type before my trainer kicked my ass into shape. Now I barely have any cellulite But I never had as much cellulite as she appears to have. Poor girl...only 22!! She should get in the habit of doing some kind of workout, it just gets harder as you get older.

hey, THAT'S AWESOME!!!!
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Strength training - as opposed to just doing cardio and being otherwise healthy - will help somewhat with cellulite. But that said, what a lot of other people are saying here it's true, it's largely genetic and has to do with other factors entirely than one's level of fitness. There's just only so much a woman can do about it if she has it, and most of us do have it.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

You are right I have looked up the causes of cellulite in various books and websites and I know that it has to do with poor circulation, genetics, BUT it also has to do with storing toxins under the skin that cause fluid and fat retention those toxins are caused by a BAD DIET. It is also caused by living a sedentary lifestyle which hardens the connective tissue....that's why I pointed out that she may not be in shape. Not drinking enough water also contriubutes to cellulite...that again is not "healthy". Smoking weakens the skin and causes capillary constriction therefor adding to cellulite. She appears to have no muscle tone and is "Fat Skinny". I'm just saying that to me she appears to be unhealthy with her lifestyle...I can't say for sure but from what I have seen that is ADDING to her cellulite. It's all about personal choice I guess...if someone is o.k with their cellulite and chooses to focus on other healthy issues then good for them. I just think that we all(myself included) can be more focused on bettering our health.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

^I walk all the time, and drink gallons of water. I'm very slim. But no matter what I do, it won't disappear. If you have it, you have it. You can make it less bad, but it doesn't go away.

I think we should all be less focused on how we look and how physically perfect we are or "should" be, and more focused on what we can accomplish, what kind of person we are, what kind of legacy we're leaving behind us, that sort of thing. But that's not going to happen.

Eh, it just makes me feel better about the horrors I endured yesterday, trying on swimsuits.

*off to dig out the dry brush*

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information