Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: New couple: David Harbour (Stranger Things) and Lily Allen passionately kiss in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Yea idk why people are so uppity about this ceremony. It's her second marriage, he's ten years older than her and we are dealing with a global pandemic.
    This. It makes sense in every way, especially in Covid times. And In-n-out burgers are fucking delicious.
    sputnik likes this.

They probably go to enough big industry dos.

If they are happy & their/the/her kids are happy that's all that matters.
    Maybe they just wanted to be married?
    lindsaywhit, SHELLEE and Kittylady like this.

My mother always wanted three kids, two boys and a girl. So at first she was pregnant with a boy. Three years later another boy. So far so good. Three year later - nothing happened. Another three years passed, nothing. So she decided she's done having kids. She went to the doctor and wanted to get her tubes tied. The doctor then told her she's around 4 weeks pregnant - she didn't even notice it yet. Here I am, showing up in the last second - a pattern that would stick.
    -

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    messiness and inevitable demise of this marriage aside, i think that's the way to get married. fuck the big dress, the church, the wasteful spending on shit that gets tossed or eaten in one day, and all the other bullshit accoutrements of the wedding industrial complex. have some fun with it and have a fat elvis impersonator marry you in vegas and burgers the kids will enjoy more than the usual overpriced dry chicken breast or steak you get at regular weddings.
    I would be ecstatic to just slope off, get everything legalised and then go for take out. My idea of hell is the big dress, the fuss, the huge party, the people...
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I would be ecstatic to just slope off, get everything legalised and then go for take out. My idea of hell is the big dress, the fuss, the huge party, the people...
    We decided to get married about two weeks before the actual ceremony. Mrs Mo was on semester break from school in Texas. Based on great timing and Mrs Mo's planning, the whole thing cost something like $600 - including my ring ($200), Mrs Mo's dress ($150), hat ($50) and platters we made ourselves and champagne (maybe $200). My mom donated Mrs Mo's ring set (it had been my late grandmother's). We got married at the courthouse. My parents and brother and two best friends were there. All Mrs Mo's siblings were there, along with 2-3 of her best friends. We got married at the courthouse ($20 for license), which had its own chapel. We celebrated at my parents' house. Good (and cheap) times!
    Kittylady, sputnik, Novice and 2 others like this.

Because the day is about the commitment not the dress/party/showing how much $$$ you can spend.
    SHELLEE, Kittylady, czb and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    My mother always wanted three kids, two boys and a girl. So at first she was pregnant with a boy. Three years later another boy. So far so good. Three year later - nothing happened. Another three years passed, nothing. So she decided she's done having kids. She went to the doctor and wanted to get her tubes tied. The doctor then told her she's around 4 weeks pregnant - she didn't even notice it yet. Here I am, showing up in the last second - a pattern that would stick.

Are you me in another dimension? That's almost my parents and family to a T except they didn't have a particular plan. They had a boy, three years later another boy and they were done. Five and a half years pass and she goes for the consult to get her tubes tied because they decided they had to do something and that's how they found out they were having me!
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Seems like it! Hi twin from other parents (not as catchy as sister from another mister though). Twin from another kin?
    OrangeSlice and twitchy2.0 like this.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Yea idk why people are so uppity about this ceremony. It's her second marriage, he's ten years older than her and we are dealing with a global pandemic. Seems just fine to me.

My husband and I got married in the middle of the woods with the inn manager and the officiant, it was glorious, cheap and the inn took care of everything.

I have a soft spot for her, I wish them well.
    Me too.

Lily often posts stuff on her instagram of David and the girls. They seem really happy and the kids like him. I hope it works out. Lily also seems to be in a MUCH better place in herself than previously. She's done the work to get better, and still working on it. Good on her!
    Novice likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information