Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: New couple: David Harbour (Stranger Things) and Lily Allen passionately kiss in NYC

This looks forced and cringeworthy.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Her 3rd boy. Then she sat in her car and cried because she wanted a girl.
    I hope he never finds out. My parents straight up told me they wanted a boy. Really wanted a boy. My mother tried to give me back to the nurse, saying there had been some sort of mistake.
    Air Quotes and BITTER like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Hey, my mom cried when she found out she was pregnant with me. She was in a shaky marriage and had a year old kid. I was obviously not planned but I never took it personally.
    crayzeehappee and BITTER like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think it's all in how the parents handle it. I think I've told this story on here before, but I had a close acquaintance (I wouldn't call her a friend) that would tell everyone the story about their third child's conception. They had their first naturally and then her husband had testicular cancer so they froze some sperm before he had treatment. He was supposedly sterile from the treatment so they conceived their second kid via insemination from his frozen swimmers. She went back for her first checkup after their second was born and she was pregnant again. Not so sterile after all. She told everyone how she literally cried for a week when she found out because they hadn't planned on a third one and she definitely wasn't ready to go through another pregnancy after just giving birth. The kids all know that story (although they are almost all twenty now, damn I'm getting old), but it became more of a family joke than anything else. All three were very well loved and knew it. As for my parents, they only had boys so they swore that I must be a boy (no finding out the gender beforehand back then). They had a name and all of the baby stuff picked out for a boy and were shocked when the doctor announced they had a girl. Took them a few days to think of a girl name because they hadn't even considered it before then. And I absolutely loathe gender reveal parties. I've seen some neat ones on Youtube, but most of them are so tacky and unnecessary. If I ever have a kid, I probably won't even tell anyone I'm pregnant until it's undeniable and even then I might just play dumb. Same with getting married. I'd be all about just popping down to the courthouse and taking a week's vacation without even telling anyone else. Not even after the wedding. Like, yeah, we just went on vacation as usual.

On topic, they do look like they had a fun wedding, but I still just can't with the messy burger reception.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

when I was born, the doctor told my mother I was a girl and she told the doctor to put it in writing so she could sue him is he was lying. She'd always wanted a girl and I have 3 older brothers. Fast forward years later my parents were getting divorced and I overheard my mother telling her friend that the night I was conceived, my father had come home drunk and forced himself on her. It was great finding out you were a product of rape and not at all planned. Shockingly it's never been an issue with me thank God. I don't ever talk about it though, but I don't feel that it affected my life in anyway.
    lindsaywhit, Trixie, Sarzy and 2 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    when I was born, the doctor told my mother I was a girl and she told the doctor to put it in writing so she could sue him is he was lying. She'd always wanted a girl and I have 3 older brothers. Fast forward years later my parents were getting divorced and I overheard my mother telling her friend that the night I was conceived, my father had come home drunk and forced himself on her. It was great finding out you were a product of rape and not at all planned. Shockingly it's never been an issue with me thank God. I don't ever talk about it though, but I don't feel that it affected my life in anyway.
    And it shouldn't. Your mom got the girl she wanted so it all turned out fine. My mom was upset with the pregnancy because my dad was a drinker and a cheater and treated her like crap when she was pregnant the first time. So she just didn't want to go through it again. He ended up leaving her for some 19 year old girl when I was 3. So my mom was 29 with 2 little kids, no job no money. But she made it through and gave us a good life on her own. She always said he did her a favor by leaving, because she never would have.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I hope he never finds out. My parents straight up told me they wanted a boy. Really wanted a boy. My mother tried to give me back to the nurse, saying there had been some sort of mistake.

I’m the youngest of eight girls and I grew up knowing I was the last chance at a boy. Didn’t bother me and they joked about it.

My mom & my sister repeatedly told me I was adopted (I'm not & I was a home birth & I have photos of me just born).

It wasn't until I got a copy birth certificate that I actually knew that I wasn't.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

^ That's mean!!!
    palta, dexter7, weathered1 and 2 others like this.

My hubby & I got married in Vegas in regular everyday clothes. No family or friends and we had patty melts and champagne for dinner. We were married 27 years until he passed. We figured why spend all that money.

I hope he never finds out. My parents straight up told me they wanted a boy. Really wanted a boy.
    I am the middle child because my mom wanted one boy and one girl.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Yea idk why people are so uppity about this ceremony. It's her second marriage, he's ten years older than her and we are dealing with a global pandemic. Seems just fine to me.

My husband and I got married in the middle of the woods with the inn manager and the officiant, it was glorious, cheap and the inn took care of everything.

I have a soft spot for her, I wish them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ That's mean!!!
    Probably the least hurtful thing they said/did.

Elite Member

^^Novice, how horrible. I'm so sorry.

I think it was just a shock, she got used to it and was totally fine having 3 boys. I don't actually know what they would have done with a girl, they are such boy parents. My BIL was horrified when he learned that my daughter went through a phase of changing her clothes about 5 times and day and managing to get each outfit dirty in the process.

I'm the 3rd girl, I'm sure my parents wanted a boy but got me instead. I'm not damaged by that knowledge.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information