Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: New Book Exposes Ethel Kennedy as Poor Mother, Cheapskate and Racist

Oh, she's very attractive, no doubt.
    MohandasKGanja and nana51 like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Silver Member

From what I've read over the last 50 plus years, Ethel knew exactly what she was doing having all those kids. She wanted to better her mother-in-law Rose who had only 9. It was also said that Ethel was more of a Kennedy than her in laws. I never have liked her much, nor Bobby for that matter.

The best thing that the Kennedys do is die young.

All Ethel and Rob gave their kids were jacked up teeth.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Bitter will like this - I have one Jackie story which was told to me by a man who was invited to Hyannis by John Jr. This was when he was going to Brown Univ. John John invites about five friends for the weekend. A formal lunch will be served. Jackie greeted the young men and the guy I knew was in absolute awe of her. John John sat at the dining table without a shirt on. Jackie let John know she needed to speak to him in the other room. She was not discreet like you'd think she be. She let him have it so she could be heard. He returned with a shirt on then Jackie went around the table asking each guy about their lives and what their future plans were.
    rollo, olivia, BITTER and 7 others like this.

It is kind of bad form to do that with guests in front of your mom....can't fault Jackie for that. You were right Chalet, I DO like that!! Tea stains!!! LOVE IT!!!!
    Nevan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Like my mom says, she's not beautiful, but she was glamorous and chic. Unconventional looking. But no, NOT beautiful at all.
    She is rather ... unique looking. I wonder if she lived in this era if she wouldn't have taken advantage of some veneers and a little tasteful PS. Regardless, she and JFK sure made a beautiful son.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    She is rather ... unique looking. I wonder if she lived in this era if she wouldn't have taken advantage of some veneers and a little tasteful PS. Regardless, she and JFK sure made a beautiful son.
    I'm surprised because I thought JFK was kind of homely too.
    Nevan and czb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I didn't know Opus Dei was real. I thought it was like the Illuminati or something.
    It is real, when we lived in Italy we were looking at schools. One we visited was affiliated with Opus Dei. It was recommended to us -we only found out during our visit that is was Opus Dei- . Most of the pupils had 5 or more siblings.

www.faesmilano.it/chi-siamo/

L'Associazione FAES “FAmiglia E Scuola” sorta a Milano, nel 1974, per ... fondatore dell'Opus Dei, e pone al centro del proprio metodo la condivisione del
    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Someone posted here that the late King Baudoin and Queen Fabiola of Belgium were members of Opus Dei. Fabiola was going to enter a convent.
    It was me and it's true
    BITTER and Novice like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Bitter will like this - I have one Jackie story which was told to me by a man who was invited to Hyannis by John Jr. This was when he was going to Brown Univ. John John invites about five friends for the weekend. A formal lunch will be served. Jackie greeted the young men and the guy I knew was in absolute awe of her. John John sat at the dining table without a shirt on. Jackie let John know she needed to speak to him in the other room. She was not discreet like you'd think she be. She let him have it so she could be heard. He returned with a shirt on then Jackie went around the table asking each guy about their lives and what their future plans were.
    Bump - I just remembered something about John-John - he was known to be a bit of an exhibitionist when it came to his body - he loved showing off his impressive physique to people. Men, women, it didn't matter. He was known to walk around his college dorm wearing nothing more than once. He liked the attention. So maybe Jackie knew this and that's possibly why she shut him down in front of his homies.
    Beeyotch likes this.

It's always helpful to post proof.

rollo, Belt Up, faithanne and 7 others like this.

But he was beautiful, and really well-mannered, polite, and kind. That's at least true for the times I encountered his gorgeousness. When my boys were small we lived on the Upper East & West sides of Manhattan for a couple of years. Of course we went to Central Park every decent day, and John Jr. loved to roller blade with his shirt off. I wasn't the only mom or nanny who enjoyed the view. Most people left him alone, but occasionally some shy little girl would approach him, and I never once saw a hint of irritation cross his face. He had a very deft touch. The only somewhat direct contact I had with him was when a ball my boys were kicking around went seriously awry, on to the street the skaters were on. For a second I was terrified someone on roller blades or skates would crash, but John swooped down, grabbed the ball, and tossed it gently back with a smile. OMG. That smile, and those eyes. I worked in Hollywood too long to be easily impressed by a pretty face, but I freely admit that JFK, Jr. gave me heart palpitations that day. He and Warren Beatty were just stunningly, impossibly gorgeous.

My mom had such a huge crush on jfk jr that when he died, my dad told us not to say anything and that he would break the news to her gently. He also gave her his condolences for her loss.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

^^^ really??

was jfk jr on her 'list'??
    sputnik likes this.

Haha I think he was the list. Well, him and maybe Andy Garcia.
    Last edited by sputnik; September 16th, 2015 at 08:05 PM.
    Nevan, lindsaywhit and rollo like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information